Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arizona.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:29 PM
pamtucson

Default Marana prison lockdown. Anyone have any info?

Does anyone know anything about the lockdown at marana prison? My nephew is there.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamtucson View Post
Does anyone know anything about the lockdown at marana prison? My nephew is there.
I have been trying to find out since Thursday. They are not answering the phones or anything they are just playing a recording that says all visitation is cancelled until further notice.....
Old 02-13-2010, 06:40 PM
pamtucson

I dont know why they r still locked down, i am really worried about my nephew. Let me know if u hear anything and i will do the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to pamtucson For This Useful Post:
DLV1983 (02-13-2010)
Old 02-13-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
I dont know why they r still locked down, i am really worried about my nephew. Let me know if u hear anything and i will do the same.
I will let you know if I find out anything.. My husband is there and I am really worried as well... This is BS they should let them at least call home and tell their families they are ok or answer our questions....
Old 02-15-2010, 06:41 PM
pamtucson

I called today and they told me no visits next week. Thats all they would tell me.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:38 PM

I called today and was told they will know by Thursday (2/18) when they will resume visitation. This ruined Valentine's Day AND my birthday which is Thursday.... Nice, thanks! I got a letter from my husband today, he says the riot broke out between Raza and Blacks over something really stupid but he wouldn't say what, he'll tell me when he sees me again he said. They had to spend the night outside and weren't allowed back in until last Thursday at 8pm. But I'd wish they would stop calling it a riot to stir up angst for the families! It was a fight! Nobody got seriously hurt, that's all I know.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:59 PM

Who are the raza? It has to be called a riot to keep up the drama.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:59 PM

The Raza are Mexican Americans, not to be confused with the Paisa which are Mexican Nationals. There already was an almost fight about two months ago over a bar of soap that was stolen!

The Following User Says Thank You to HisWerita For This Useful Post:
sarah jane (02-18-2010)
Old 02-17-2010, 01:02 PM

I just heard from a friend of mine who's husband is also there. I don't know about today's visit but M-Z visit is on for tomorrow!

Old 02-17-2010, 06:21 PM

This is all just so nice... I'm TOTALLY new to the whole DOC thing anyway and am nervous about everything. My man just went into Marana last Monday 2/8/10 and I've only received one letter from him from his first day there, no news about any fights...obviously it hadn't happened yet. I submitted my visitation app online last Wed. and had called last Fri. just to verify they received it online and was told then that they couldn't even check if my app had been received because they were on lockdown until further notice. I just assumed then that it was a very temporary thing like they do at county for a couple hours. I had no idea they do lockdown for so long... What's the longest they can be in lockdown? This is probably a stupid question because this is AZDOC and they can do whatever they want... I hate this.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
It Was OPEN for Visits as of yesterday, i called down there
Old 02-22-2010, 11:29 PM

When they're on lockdown does this stop all the sending and receiving of mail too?
Old 02-23-2010, 11:55 AM

Lockdown means just that. No visitation, no phone calls, no mail, no outside time, no store. As of Thursday 02/18 visitation, calls and mail resumed but they're still on some type of lockdown. They seperated the pods from interacting w/each other, with each pod going to eat, recreation time, etc. seperate from the other pods. I've been told, to curb these racial outbursts that have been happening here and there, all African American inmates were moved from Marana as they were in the minority there over other races. This is sooooo dumb, these guys are at the easiest yard possible, they have classes every day, AA and NA meetings, church, a huge outside area to play basketball and horseshoes, they get their mail faster than any other prison, their commissary is pretty decent and they have nothing better to do than to fight over a microwave!!!! A microwave! They're lucky to have had that in the first place! Now, the microwaves are gone, taken away!