Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know > Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Florida prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's regional subforum in the Florida forum.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:29 PM

Default Moved to reception, when can he call? JPay Email: How do I know he got it?

Hey Yíall, I am very new (since 6/11/19) to all of this. My fiancť was moved to the reception center this week. I know itíll be awhile before I hear from him. Anyone know about how long?

The county jail he was in had an emailing system, and it showed me if my message was approved and sent to him, pending approval or denied. With jPay is there anyway for me to see if it was approved? Or if he read it?

Just trying to figure things out so I have a better idea once heís somewhere he can respond.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2019, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,742 Times in 3,043 Posts

My guess on reception is 2 - 4 weeks. But that's a guess, which is as good as we can get. Typically it's closer to 2 weeks, but it depends on all kinds of variables like bedspace and private prison contractual obligations and the like.

I haven't used JPay in eons, but back when I did, you just sent your message and hoped like crazy that he'd get it.

If you want to know when he's moved, you can sign up for VINELINK - they'll call you every time he transfers from one institution to another and also if he's released. I think there are more outmates registered with VINE than there are victims anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Cupcake.xo (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 09:41 AM
beautifully flawed
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake.xo View Post
Hey Yíall, I am very new (since 6/11/19) to all of this. My fiancť was moved to the reception center this week. I know itíll be awhile before I hear from him. Anyone know about how long?

The county jail he was in had an emailing system, and it showed me if my message was approved and sent to him, pending approval or denied. With jPay is there anyway for me to see if it was approved? Or if he read it?

Just trying to figure things out so I have a better idea once heís somewhere he can respond.

Thank you!
reception is 4-6 weeks.. no jpay does not let you see if it is approved or denied or read.. he will know if its denied from you, and youll be let known if something is denied that's from him.. that's it.. to get a call you have to send him a phone bill for him to submit a phone list (your phone needs to be a land line or a cell phone that gets a bill every month, i.e. sprint, tmobile, Verizon, etc), he wont be able to call without this, at all... they do not let them call just anyone so until this is submitted and approved you wont get calls. email it will take a week, give or take, for them to get him his kiosk access.. once you have his dc# you can get him on your jpay and you can email him and they will be there when he gets in.

the speed on which they get him all this stuff also is based on the reception center and the staff.. RMC had it done as soon as they could so they didnt have issues..

visitation wont be able to be submitted for until he reaches his home prison, and that takes up to 30 days to approve or deny once you send it to him and he submits it.

if you need anything feel free to inbox me here. I literally just got my now ex through his prison sentence and have had to do everything lol

heres to the new me, she deserves better than what the old me has allowed..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MPsQueen For This Useful Post:
Cupcake.xo (06-13-2019), GingerM (06-14-2019)
Old 06-14-2019, 05:14 AM

Thank you for the information!

He, super surprisingly, was able to send me a message from the Kioski. WOOO HOOOO!!!! I was so happy!!

He said that he is a level 3 psych and going to a psych camp. Which camps are psych camps?

He said he will be in CFRC for 3 months or so.. if i buy him a tablet, will he get it? Will it go with him when he gets moved? I don't want to spend the money and then have to buy him a new one once hes moved in a few months.
Jerimiah 29:11
The Following User Says Thank You to Cupcake.xo For This Useful Post:
MPsQueen (06-16-2019)
Old 06-15-2019, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,742 Times in 3,043 Posts

In most states, what you have in County will be returned to the family. Including your clothes. I wouldn't buy him anything until he's out of county and out of reception. The likelihood of it making the move with him to his home institution is pretty slim.

I'm afraid I don't know which camps are psych camps. Hopefully someone else will come along with more information than I have.

I know this is all new and terrifying. Don't forget to breathe. It will get better as time goes on.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Cupcake.xo (06-15-2019)
Old 06-15-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
In most states, what you have in County will be returned to the family. Including your clothes. I wouldn't buy him anything until he's out of county and out of reception. The likelihood of it making the move with him to his home institution is pretty slim.

I'm afraid I don't know which camps are psych camps. Hopefully someone else will come along with more information than I have.

I know this is all new and terrifying. Don't forget to breathe. It will get better as time goes on.
Thank you! Iím trying.. itís scary! Iíve gone through it in california with my ex, but he was only gone 18 months. My fiancť will be gone 9 more years.. itís a lot to process.

Iíve tried looking up psych camps and canít find much information online.. so hopefully someone here has gone through or is going through it.
Jerimiah 29:11