Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

View Poll Results: Have you met your MWI face to face?
Yes I have 134 58.01%
No I have not 36 15.58%
Not yet but very soon 46 19.91%
Not any time soon 15 6.49%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus Gal View Post
Met him, married him. No regrets.

this is what the forum need (more success stories)i did not see this one. happy for you. and god speed."I like to see some who still return/after the prison and their loved they married/engaged etc., after the MWI etc.l ,when he is home or when she is home. so nice to read this

Bus Gal.
I hope you two are still going strong.
Lead with your MIND + not your heart...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a.rare.love For This Useful Post:
BellsKells (09-06-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2016, 07:48 AM

Yes! I travelled almost 3000 miles and I would do it over and over and over again. When I left for home I sat in the airport and on the plane and sobbed like I can't ever remember doing before. Just writing this I'm starting to cry. I've never been in love like this before. We talk every single day and sometimes when he gets his minutes he'll call me 3 times a day. Sorry I'm going on but if he's in the SHU right now and I'm having a hard time. I planned on going back in a few weeks but I don't know what will happen now.
The Following User Says Thank You to BellsKells For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (09-11-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
Hell yes and it was awesome. Only been friends for about 1,5 years but went to see him on my way to my final vacation spot in April (I'm in Europe and he's in NC). We had visits 2 days in a row and it was great. After I left I cried my eyes out, I wanted so to take him with me...
I know that feeling... I cried like a baby after I left sitting at the airport. I had complete strangers coming up to me giving me tissues lol.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellsKells View Post
Yes! I travelled almost 3000 miles and I would do it over and over and over again. When I left for home I sat in the airport and on the plane and sobbed like I can't ever remember doing before. Just writing this I'm starting to cry.

I've never been in love like this before.

We talk every single day and sometimes when he gets his minutes he'll call me 3 times a day.

Sorry I'm going on but if he's in the SHU right now and I'm having a hard time.

I planned on going back in a few weeks but I don't know what will happen now.
Oh no. Not back in SHU.aw you're "in love?" too sweet. He has to always try his hardest then, (Even more so)to not get in trouble/to get back to shu. He know this deep down, or should.I think you're going to be ok. Are u goin to visit?

I know how you feel chica.
I just heard mine has SHU time only til end of OCT.(2016)so another six weeks or five.)
This time it truly was not his fault.He has appealed it.Now we at least can still try to talk 1x a day at least.or (5 calls)til end of oct. then back to regularly 2x a day or 3.
I get visits still while in SHU but no physical contact/ complete non-contact with a wall between us partition thing,ya know.)and i have to see him while in the shackles/cuffs etc. smh. i don't like to see him like this. But we will stick it out.Even if i told him no more.(Only 2nd time)in two years and he is home during latter part of 2017) or earlier. But i know how you feel.You will be ok,IF you're going to visit. I hope he is not spending too long in shu." I miss mine terribly in SHU and he write alot even without SHU but making sure i get mail each day literally just about, and i appreciate that. as i do the same. Make the SHU time fly by! God speed/hugs your way tonight."

Last edited by a.rare.love; 09-11-2016 at 04:40 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to a.rare.love For This Useful Post:
BellsKells (10-07-2016)
Old 09-13-2016, 06:12 AM

I met him and saw the mistake of it all and moved on.
All that reminds me of him is my name over here.
Met others who were like him so that never came to a relationship. Got smart I guess ��
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Raf's Girl For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (09-28-2016), maytayah (10-18-2017), Sarianna (11-07-2016), Zanna (09-20-2019)
Old 09-28-2016, 02:47 PM

Thanked 1,866 Times in 892 Posts

Yep, I have and it was okay but I wasn't expecting a whole lot out of it. He doesn't have people who visit much, so having two visits Saturday and 1 Sunday was more than he could handle.

I have not been back and probably will not visit until he moves to OSCI in November.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:16 PM

Yes...we MWI 17 years ago....have been a couple for 12 years, married for 9 1/2 years.

every moment together is a blessingand I have faith that he's coming home soon!
The Following User Says Thank You to gabbygirl372001 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (09-28-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 04:39 PM

No but I'm going in December and we are both very excited
The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimePenPal For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (09-28-2016)
Old 09-30-2016, 03:49 AM

Not yet. I am on his visitors list now though. All approved :-)
I need to save up for the travel across the pond. I can't wait to look into his eyes!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Vega1512 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-20-2016)
Old 10-05-2016, 11:34 AM

Update: now that he's been released we plan on meeting. We're not like officially seeing each other but it's something like that, if that makes sense...we talk every day and flirt a lot and neither of us are seeing anyone else. It could be a while before we meet; he's currently applying for jobs and lives at his mom's house. He wants to get settled in and get his life together first, which is a good idea. I have to save up for a plane ticket anyway. He's amazing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _angelalynn For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-20-2016), Sarianna (11-07-2016)
Old 10-07-2016, 11:11 PM

Yes it was so amazing! I travelled almost 3000 miles to see him and I knew I loved him before but meeting him in person just confirmed and solidified my feelings. He's in the Shu right now and has been for more than a month. He gets one, 15 minute phone call every 30 days and he called ME the other day! Me of all the people he has in his life. How special do I feel. God I love this man so much. I left an abusive relationship and just needed a friend to talk to. Who would have thought I would fall in love through words, beautiful hand drawn cards, portraits, telephone calls and love letters that touch me like no other man ever has. He's my king. I can't wait for our next visit.
The Following User Says Thank You to BellsKells For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (11-26-2016)
Old 10-11-2016, 11:41 PM

Haven't met mine yet, bought my flight ticket yesterday and i'll be flying to the States on the 13th of December to spend a month. Very excited and nervous at the same time!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Libby1234 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-20-2016), maytayah (10-18-2016), Sarianna (10-18-2016)
Old 10-18-2016, 12:59 PM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,834 Times in 2,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby1234 View Post
Haven't met mine yet, bought my flight ticket yesterday and i'll be flying to the States on the 13th of December to spend a month. Very excited and nervous at the same time!
Keep us posted on how things go, Libby - very excited for you and I hope it will be great

The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-20-2016)
Old 10-20-2016, 07:09 PM

Quote:

aw chica. good for you. a whole month. now that is alot of back to back visits. I hope you're going to, in 2 months update us. and how sweet you two are able to bring in the new year somewhat together! and (if you celebrate xmas/christmas.
That's nice God speed.

Keep us posted. Hugs n Blessings going your way tonight.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.rare.love View Post
aw chica. good for you. a whole month. now that is alot of back to back visits. I hope you're going to, in 2 months update us. and how sweet you two are able to bring in the new year somewhat together! and (if you celebrate xmas/christmas.
That's nice God speed.

Keep us posted. Hugs n Blessings going your way tonight.
Thank you very much, I'm really excited to spend the holidays with him and i get to visit him on his birthday too!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Libby1234 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (11-26-2016), Sarianna (10-27-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 05:57 PM

I met him through pen pal 15 years ago, but have never met him in person. I hope to visit him very soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Touch one life For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (11-26-2016), Sarianna (11-16-2016)
Old 11-26-2016, 07:35 PM

Quote:

Nerves are completely understandable...Just think positive. Take a deep breathe.

You're having barely 2 weeks + a 1/2 to go chica... Til' you're sitting with your LO. Let us on 12/13 know how your 1st visit go."

I'm hoping it is as great as many have shared online and over here. "Hugs + Blessings your way tonight, Lib..."

Old 11-26-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Thank you very much, I'm really excited to spend the holidays with him and i get to visit him on his birthday too!

tu eres de nada chica...(i said you're welcome) and i remember, that you're seeing him during a month of his birthday and xmas holiday. That is so sweet. Mi BFF/fiancee(born around holidays as well) so i get to again sit with him on his bornday and then in another 2 weeks on christmas eve/and or on christmas.

As i said before just relax, and think positive...Leave it all in God's hands now ... You two are going to be just fine."

Old 11-26-2016, 11:07 PM
Waiting for my Sunshine

I haven't met him yet, I just submitted my application for visitations on Friday.

Old 12-12-2016, 11:55 AM
Account Closed

We met in person 10 months ago this very day! Probably the most nerve-wrecking day, but also the best day ever! It was a leap of faith that I will never regret taking. I've seen him three more times since that first time, and I am hoping to surprise him with a visit for his birthday and our year anniversary

Crazy part of our story is that prior to his arrest we actually lived 2 miles apart but our paths just never crossed....I'm so glad they finally did, of course I wish it was under better circumstances, but the world works in mysterious ways, I'm just glad I found my person even if it was on a prison pen-pal site, I had picked to write him because on his profile he had where I live listed as his hometown, I think it was fate not coincidence, Sorry I'm getting sappy over the man I love <3
Old 12-12-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo21216 View Post
We met in person 10 months ago this very day! Probably the most nerve-wrecking day, but also the best day ever! It was a leap of faith that I will never regret taking. I've seen him three more times since that first time, and I am hoping to surprise him with a visit for his birthday and our year anniversary

Crazy part of our story is that prior to his arrest we actually lived 2 miles apart but our paths just never crossed....I'm so glad they finally did, of course I wish it was under better circumstances, but the world works in mysterious ways, I'm just glad I found my person even if it was on a prison pen-pal site, I had picked to write him because on his profile he had where I live listed as his hometown, I think it was fate not coincidence, Sorry I'm getting sappy over the man I love <3
What a beautiful story! I am travelling 750 miles this week to meet mine for the first time. I can't wait! I'm so nervous and excited.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:15 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimePenPal View Post
What a beautiful story! I am travelling 750 miles this week to meet mine for the first time. I can't wait! I'm so nervous and excited.
Thank You!!

Wishing you safe travels! I still get that same nervous/excited feeling every time I go for a visit(or as I like to call them, 'our dates'), it's the best feeling! I really hope the two of you have a great time together!
Old 12-12-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Thank You!!

Wishing you safe travels! I still get that same nervous/excited feeling every time I go for a visit(or as I like to call them, 'our dates'), it's the best feeling! I really hope the two of you have a great time together!
Thanks! I can't even focus on work or anything else at all! I have to get through today and tomorrow then I'm on my way. Meeting his mom and grandma too so that adds something extra haha
Old 12-12-2016, 12:24 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimePenPal View Post
Thanks! I can't even focus on work or anything else at all! I have to get through today and tomorrow then I'm on my way. Meeting his mom and grandma too so that adds something extra haha
Yes concentrating can be so hard leading up to a visit!! That is so great you'll be meeting some of his family too! That's a long trip so make the very most of it
Old 12-12-2016, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Yes concentrating can be so hard leading up to a visit!! That is so great you'll be meeting some of his family too! That's a long trip so make the very most of it
I will definitely make the most of it! His mom and grandma are staying in the same hotel and it's nice to have that support. My sister is coming with me as well. Not to the visit but she will be travelling with me. Omg I'm so excited!

Last edited by FirstTimePenPal; 12-12-2016 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: Typo