Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison and Legal News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Prison and Legal News & Events What is making news in Michigan relating to the prison system, the criminal justice system, etc? Find it here!

Old 02-21-2018, 01:44 AM

Default Is it true you get Early Release if in a Level I prison?

Hey everyone,
I'm new here so pardon me if there already is a thread about this. I couldn't find one.
So my boyfriend is an inmate in Muskegon and told me he's heard of rumors about early release once you get to a level 1 prison. He has a little less than 5 years left so they will probably move him to a level 1 soon. And he wants to know if these rumors are true.
Since I'm from Germany and have no idea where to look for this kind of information I thought maybe I'd find some help in this forum. So if anyone knows anything about this and can help me it would be much appreciated! Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to steffi1106 For This Useful Post:
xolady (02-21-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2018, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffi1106 View Post
Hey everyone,
I'm new here so pardon me if there already is a thread about this. I couldn't find one.
So my boyfriend is an inmate in Muskegon and told me he's heard of rumors about early release once you get to a level 1 prison. He has a little less than 5 years left so they will probably move him to a level 1 soon. And he wants to know if these rumors are true.
Since I'm from Germany and have no idea where to look for this kind of information I thought maybe I'd find some help in this forum. So if anyone knows anything about this and can help me it would be much appreciated! Thanks
Unfortunately, at this time, there is no early release in Michigan. He will have to do his minimum time, then go before the parole board. There are many, many threads on the subject to help you learn more about it here.
It's called " truth in sentencing". Whatever his ERD (early release date) is, is the absolute earliest date he will come home.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:33 PM

Thanked 2,788 Times in 1,742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffi1106 View Post
Hey everyone,
No early release in michigan. He will see the board about four months before his earliest release date and they will determine if he gets to go home on that date or stay longer.