Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison and Legal News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Prison and Legal News & Events What is making news in Michigan relating to the prison system, the criminal justice system, etc? Find it here!

Old 03-23-2016, 02:28 PM
Northern Star

Exclamation Michigan Prisoners protest food under new contractor Trinity

LANSING — After months of relative quiet under a new contractor, new protests over food erupted at a Michigan prison over the weekend and early this week, a Corrections Department spokesman confirmed Tuesday. Link Below

Link

"Dios sabe porque hace las cosas"

Last edited by Quetz; 03-23-2016 at 03:23 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2016, 03:33 PM

Default Trinnity and food in prisons.

I visited my son again on saturday. It had been 3 weeks since I had seen him. He told me he had lost 10 lbs since then. Has cut back on his daily 6 mile runs and was not in the weight pit as much because of a lack of energy. In that 3 weeks trinity had changed the menu . He has had constant diarrrhea as have most of the other inmates in his building. Some of the Turkey that has been presented to them at meals was refused by the warden because it was spoiled.

While I was visiting him the inmate next to me was telling his visitors the same thing. Mentioning that maybe the health department should be notified.

Since the Governor has privatized the food system in the prisons the food , service, employees have had little to no oversite. I realize that yes this prison but what is going on is "Cruel and unusual punishment".

Kinross prisoners have been doing a Silent protest since sunday and monday. There is little to nothing we can do from the outside except get the word out that this is happeniing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greatful For This Useful Post:
Buttercream (03-24-2016), Quetz (03-30-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 02:53 PM

Default lack of food

It seems that a lot of prisons in Michigan are having problems with food. Parnall Prison in Jackson just had a sit in due to the food situation. About half the prisoners went along with it. The food is not fit to feed the stray cats that run around there. Maybe that's why they have left. More food goes in the trash then in the prisoners. Vitamins are all washed away. The noodles,potatoes and rice are cooked to mush. As well as the beans they cook. Worse thing is the stuff they serve called meat. It's gotten to be 90% of the meat is bad. When the guys complain the cooks say yes we know but we are told to serve it. Really. The next situation is they run out of food. So there isn't enough rotten meat to go around but we have lots of cake. What since does that make.Then we wonder why they eat 30.00$ of food out of the food machines when we visit them. I'm sorry to say there's nothing i can do but complain for my brother. I live in Kansas and my hands are tied. If there's more I can do please feel free to let me know. I'm really p____ off. Want to help. Send him money for groceries and a secure pac but that's not enough. He's been sick for 2 months because his body is not well enough to fight off germs. Info in Prison Talk Thanks for listening. Ulanda.