Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 01-10-2019, 03:14 AM
Mz.Vargas1

Default Husband has to be in program after release, how does this work?

My husband said that when he gets out he will have to be in a program his p.o. says too so how does this program work when they get out or what ?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2019, 04:32 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,963 Times in 12,174 Posts

Strange: It will depend on the PO, and that State's parole requirements. He may be given only one option, or hopefully a list of programs to choose from. He may be required to pay for the program himself, although some agencies do cover the cost.

Here's a link to the California DOC's parole conditions if that is where he is locked up.
https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Parole/Parol...ons/index.html
Old 01-16-2019, 11:44 AM
Liz

Thanked 1,328 Times in 521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
My husband said that when he gets out he will have to be in a program his p.o. says too so how does this program work when they get out or what ?
Since you are in California, this might give you some help/information. When I saw it was state specific, I didn't read it, but it seems to be a comprehensive legal guide and lists a section on parole and probation.

http://www.rootandrebound.org/roadmap-to-reentry-guide
The Following User Says Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
miamac (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 08:04 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 20,241 Times in 7,246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
I'm assuming he's a state inmate and that he's been approved for parole/release? If that's the case, they will specify what type of programming will qualify and possibly give him a list of places to contact. Many choose re-entry houses because the Board of Parole looks favorably on them, but that is a choice by the inmate in order to make parole. It sounds as if this is different.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:39 AM
Mz.Vargas1

Thank you guys for the info and yes it does sound diffrent that is whybim worried