Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:37 PM

Default 4 months back time in jail, 3 yrs TDC time = ?

My fiancé has 4 months back time. He just signed for 3 yrs TDC. I just heard he may be able to parole in 4 months?!?! ....REALLY??? Is this REALLY possible?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2012, 05:47 PM

Thanked 11,109 Times in 6,008 Posts

What type of offense? Depending on the offense, then with four months of backtime, the additional time credits at the entry-level status would technically have the parole eligibility requirements satisfied when the ink was dry on the sentence and judgment. HOWEVER, it still takes time for the commitment to be entered into State Ready and then even after that has taken place, it takes time for the file to be prepped in order for an interview to take place.

Even when someone arrives in TDCJ beyond their eligibility date, it is not uncommon for it to take up to three months for the interview to occur. Processing times after the interview will depend on whether it was a paper file or whether it is one of the electronic (often referred to as OIMS) cases.

If it were an aggravated or 3g offense, however, then there would be a two-year mandatory minimum that has to be served before becoming eligible for parole.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:53 PM

Non aggravated burglary of habitation. A felony. Ty so much for your help. I feel so lost!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:37 AM

Sure.. it's possible. On a 2 year sentence I think the parole eligibility was something like 2 months 14 days. Non-3g offenses, non-aggravated sentences and no previous 3g/agg sentences in their history of incarceration. They can possibly make parole within the shortest time frame.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Brian's Girl

My guy got 5yr sentence and he is seeing parole april 28th but has credit back till october 2011...i wonder if he could make parole his first time too....its non aggravated burgulary of habitat but his second time 1st one was back in 2007