Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 2 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 2 Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities:: Baker CI, Columbia CI, Columbia Annex, Cross City CI, FL State Prison, FL State Prison – West, Hamilton CI, Hamilton Annex, Lake City CF, Lancaster CI, Lawtey CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Lowell Reception Center, Madison CI, Marion CI, Mayo Annex, Putnam CI, RMC-Main, RMC-W, Suwannee CI, Suwannee Annex, Tomoka CI, Union CI

Old 11-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Mrs.Jimenez

My man just got there today. How has it been for your husband?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2012, 01:42 PM

My son was just transferred there a few days ago from CFRC. This too is very new and I am SCARED beyond belief for his safety!!! I have only recvd. one letter from him since they took him from county and that was over a month ago. No calls... I called the Annex yesterday to voice my concerns, his picture has changed this week also and he has a laceration on the corner of one eye and bruising on the other.. I am in panic mode now!!! The women that answered the phone was very KIND!! She gave me some good advice but could only tell me he was in confinement and put me in touch with his CO.. She was very short answered and told me he was in there for fighting at the reception center.. The only way my son would be in a physical fight is if he were protecting himself!!!!!!! I have read every post on this thread dating back to 2003, I think and I am now more terrified than ever! Does anyone know more about the gang related stuff and if it is really as corrupt as it was years ago?? I sent my phone info to him AND his CO to make sure she gets it..??.. Has anyone had any trouble with their phone calls?? He said he was sending the visitation form to me and I haven't gotten that either. I feel more than helpless... I make sure he has $$ always on his acct. but he hasn't even used that in a week.. Can anyone tell me what happens in confinement?? I also was told that I could send him 10 sheets of white paper, 5 envelopes and 20 stamps. I did that too, I have written him everyday since he has been transferred... Over a month ago..
Thank You and my prayers are with all of you and your loved ones!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,538 Times in 3,575 Posts

I'm not familiar with Hamilton but wanted to point you in a couple of directions for your questions. The visitation form can be found in a thread that is at the top of the FL Visitation forum. You can print this form and send it to his CO.

The are several threads about confinement in the FL General Prison Talk forum. They will give you a little bit of an idea of how things are. He won't have access to his commisary money while in confinement and if he does it's only for limited items. Check out those threads for some more info.

Try not to let things that are posted here scare you too much. I've found that each prison seems to go through cycles. Ben has been to a lot of different facilities and the ones that everyone said were the worst were not as bad as I had feared. Everyone's interpretation is different.

Hang in there!

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ben's girl For This Useful Post:
Maggie0312 (12-09-2012)
Old 12-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,303 Times in 978 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie0312 View Post
My son was just transferred there a few days ago from CFRC. This too is very new and I am SCARED beyond belief for his safety!!! I have only recvd. one letter from him since they took him from county and that was over a month ago. No calls... I called the Annex yesterday to voice my concerns, his picture has changed this week also and he has a laceration on the corner of one eye and bruising on the other.. I am in panic mode now!!! The women that answered the phone was very KIND!! She gave me some good advice but could only tell me he was in confinement and put me in touch with his CO.. She was very short answered and told me he was in there for fighting at the reception center.. The only way my son would be in a physical fight is if he were protecting himself!!!!!!! I have read every post on this thread dating back to 2003, I think and I am now more terrified than ever! Does anyone know more about the gang related stuff and if it is really as corrupt as it was years ago?? I sent my phone info to him AND his CO to make sure she gets it..??.. Has anyone had any trouble with their phone calls?? He said he was sending the visitation form to me and I haven't gotten that either. I feel more than helpless... I make sure he has $$ always on his acct. but he hasn't even used that in a week.. Can anyone tell me what happens in confinement?? I also was told that I could send him 10 sheets of white paper, 5 envelopes and 20 stamps. I did that too, I have written him everyday since he has been transferred... Over a month ago..
Thank You and my prayers are with all of you and your loved ones!!!
They are supposed to give inmates put in confinement a writing utensil (pencil) but they don't always. So he may not be writing because he has nothing to write with since being put in confinement.

Unfortunately, you'll have to wait to hear your son's side of the story. The worst part about this for him is that he got off with DOC on the totally wrong foot. It will affect a lot of his treatment by DOC for quite awhile.

The Following User Says Thank You to NAN425 For This Useful Post:
Maggie0312 (12-09-2012)
Old 12-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,538 Times in 3,575 Posts

The writing utensil is a "safety" pen. It's basically the insides of a pen. They don't give them the barrell of the pen or a pencil because they could harm themselves or others with it. Most of the time they will have to ask for the pen because for whatever reason they don't just automatically give them one when they arrive in confinment.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ben's girl For This Useful Post:
Maggie0312 (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben's girl View Post
I'm not familiar with Hamilton but wanted to point you in a couple of directions for your questions. The visitation form can be found in a thread that is at the top of the FL Visitation forum. You can print this form and send it to his CO.

The are several threads about confinement in the FL General Prison Talk forum. They will give you a little bit of an idea of how things are. He won't have access to his commisary money while in confinement and if he does it's only for limited items. Check out those threads for some more info.

Try not to let things that are posted here scare you too much. I've found that each prison seems to go through cycles. Ben has been to a lot of different facilities and the ones that everyone said were the worst were not as bad as I had feared. Everyone's interpretation is different.

Hang in there!
Thanks so much for your advise/help!! I did find the visit app and was able to download it! I also sent him stamps, envelopes and paper yesterday.. I hope he gets it! At this point all I can do is keep praying, writing him and try to get his phone/visits in order!!
Thanks again!! It is nice to have people that can help and relate to what we are going through!! :/
Old 06-23-2013, 08:32 PM

My loved one and soon to husband is in Hamilton CI and has been there 14 years. We are needing any information on the marriage process and how long it takes. We are also interested in interstate transfer to a state that has weekend visits. Do any states have a transfer agreement with Florida? Or any other information on transfers would be much appreciated.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:35 PM

Default Need some help and information

My loved one and soon to husband is in Hamilton CI and has been there 14 years. We are needing any information on the marriage process and how long it takes. We are also interested in interstate transfer to a state that has weekend visits. Do any states have a transfer agreement with Florida? Or any other information on transfers would be much appreciated.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,303 Times in 978 Posts

According to Wikipedia, only eight states have conjugal visits: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Mississippi, New Mexico, New York, Washington and Wyoming.

What you are talking about is called "Interstate Corrections Compact" and many, many states will take part in that. However, I believe the inmate must have ties to the state they are requesting transfer to (like family that resides there) - you just can't request a transfer because you don't like conditions in Florida and want to pick a better place to live. Under Chapter 33, any inmate transfer under Interstate Compact has to be approved by the ICT team at his institution, and the state receiving the inmate. I also believe that you will have to pay for his transportation and staff to accompany him, which is not cheap - thousands of dollars most likely, depending on the distance.

It's not an easy thing to pull off...extremely difficult to arrange. And unless you want to leave Florida, and establish long-term residency in another state (requiring you to be away from your loved one for extended periods) they'll never let you do it.

Plus conjugal visits even in the states that have them aren't automatic - they are an earned privilege that he might never get and the rules could change to take them away at any time before he even had a chance to earn one. Moving and uprooting your life for just the CHANCE that you might get one - not a guarantee - is a huge risk. Plus, you want to look at what the overall conditions are for prisons in those states that he'd be in day to day - California, for instance, is a well known nightmare that is so overcrowded they have guys sleeping on the floors of gymnasiums. They are under court order to reduce overcrowding.

Also, make sure you know what you'd be getting into...For instance, in Mississippi according to what I just read, a "conjugal visit" is a 60 minute quickie in a bedroom during visitation hours. California doesn't allow conjugal visits by lifers, those with charges involving trafficking drugs in correctional institutions, or sex crimes.

The Following User Says Thank You to NAN425 For This Useful Post:
Dubb23 (07-05-2013)
Old 10-13-2016, 03:50 PM

does anyone still go to viso at hamilton annex as of 10/13/16?
The Following User Says Thank You to jai1437 For This Useful Post:
prettylipz4u (12-04-2016)
Old 12-04-2016, 02:45 PM

Default paper. stamps and envelopes

you can send him paper as much paper as you want but you can only have 10 pieces of paper in each envelope you can send him 10 stamped envelope at a time
Old 12-04-2016, 02:51 PM

I live in Bushnell if anybody is going to Hamilton CI Annex I would like to ride with them and I'll pay gas
Old 12-04-2016, 02:54 PM

Default Hamilton CI Annex has Saturday and Sunday visit

it has Saturday and Sunday visit
Old 12-04-2016, 06:47 PM

Default I visit at Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jai1437 View Post
does anyone still go to viso at hamilton annex as of 10/13/16?
.....yes i visit thete...
Old 09-04-2017, 10:56 AM

Default General Information

Hi, I'm new to this website but my spouse is in Annex just got transfered there last week and I wanted to know a little more about this facility.. Is it true they don't have central air and heat? And does it go if he wanted to buy something
Old 09-04-2017, 07:12 PM
Registered member

Hi Tip&Tay... my husband is no longer there (was moved a few years ago) the place is O.K. but there are NO FLORIDA DOC facilities with central air/heat (

In the officers stations, control room, admin bldg & visitation areas there is A/C but the rooms/dorms/cells have no temperature control ANYWHERE in the state of Florida...

However, we just recently read that a new law to have the A/C installed has passed! ) Just WHEN that will take place, is anybody's guess!

If you mean 'how does it go if he wants to buy something'...if he has money deposited into his account there is an inmate canteen to purchase daily type items.

I hope this helps & I wish you the best! Feel free to ask questions anytime! Everyone is very friendly & helpful here <3

-Mrs. T

The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs. T For This Useful Post:
Tip&Tay (09-04-2017)
Old 09-04-2017, 07:25 PM

Thank you so much @Mrs T.. I'm glad to hear they got the law passed.. But I'm guessing by the time it will be in effect my love will be home by then..
Old 12-12-2017, 10:54 PM

Hi, My son just arrived in Hamilton today. Is the phone the same as the reception center? I sent him some stuff earlier this week. Will they forward to him? Thanks
Old 05-25-2018, 08:54 AM

I have a son at hamilton annex would like to find people to carpool with plz contact me