Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Wisconsin that do not fit into any other Wisconsin sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-18-2018, 05:34 PM

Default Served 13 years in WI system...happy to answer questions

I am happy to help guide family, friends, and soon to be inmates about he WI prison system...The process can be confusing and frusterating. Please ask away and I will be happy to help.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to formerwisinmate For This Useful Post:
aschmit0520 (08-14-2018), ButerUPliife (06-29-2018), GingerM (01-13-2019), LifeTraveler (12-30-2018), patchouli (06-18-2018), Sarianna (06-19-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2018, 06:55 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,798 Times in 15,558 Posts

Thank You for offering your help with other member's questions! The Wisconsin forum is a tad slow However, the more its posted in, the more other Wisconsin folks will find it and post as well.

Welcome to PTO & Welcome HOME!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 12-30-2018, 01:44 PM

What do you know about 85% sentence adjustment for individuals with a c d or e felony? My bf was sentenced to 9 years for delivering drugs and a death resulted of it. He has conduct issues or any other issues so far so hoping when the time comes he can be considered for the 85%. Just looking for any advice or information. Thanks!
Old 12-30-2018, 01:45 PM

He has *no conduct or any other issues. Oops sorry for typo.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronica_mt-bc View Post
What do you know about 85% sentence adjustment for individuals with a c d or e felony? My bf was sentenced to 9 years for delivering drugs and a death resulted of it. He has conduct issues or any other issues so far so hoping when the time comes he can be considered for the 85%. Just looking for any advice or information. Thanks!

With a newly elected administration I would expect Tony Evers to do something about Wisconsin prison reform. So I can answer this question as the law currently stands (yes, he is likely to qualify for a time cut or early release providing he has no violence on his record). However, stay tuned as Evers may make getting time cuts easier. I know prison reform is a platform dems often run on so lets see if hes all talk and no action or not.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:

I have been following Tony Evers since before he won the primaries.

The current spending on Wisconsin Corrections is 1.8 billion dollars. There is no doubt that Tony Evers wants that billion dollars for education. That is where cutting the population by 50-60% comes in to play because that would be about a billion dollars

The DOC had asked for more money and that got turned down. So they can't afford to keep up with the current trend of mass incarceration.

When evers got elected I was definitely hopeful. My husband and I kept saying the first 90 days and we will know if he plans to do anything.

Well he isn't even the governor yet and he has already started.

He is sending out question-ares and there is no doubt he is going to handle the situation with people left in there after there eligibility for parole. So yes you have people inside before Truth and sentencing that were suppose to have a parole hearing never got one.

So them and the revocations (with no new crime) will probably be the first

Evers also created the panel to study the prison system.

I am confident that changes are coming. Even if my husband doesn't get out earlier I think conditions will get better. (we have 6 years left of 8)
The Following User Says Thank You to mydimitri For This Useful Post:
aschmit0520 (01-28-2019)
Old 01-07-2019, 11:47 AM

One more questions (and thank you so much for answering my previous questions).

My love is at Fox Lake and committed his crimes due to drug problems and psych issues he has. I noticed there is another medium facility (Oshkosh) that has many AODA programs which he could benefit from (Fox Lake doesn't have any). This treatment is crucial to him staying sober and being successful when he is released and it would be great if he could get treatment while in prison. Is there a way he could request a transfer to Oshkosh based on the fact they have more treatment options he can benefit from? Who can he talk to about this?

Thanks again,

Veronica
Old 01-07-2019, 12:13 PM

He should have a case worker that he can speak with about transferring due to programming needs. Depending upon how long his sentence is, he could be moved at a later date when their are beds available and room in the program that he needs. All that being said, do you know if his sentence required programming while he was incarcerated? If not, it is possible that he they won't relocate him to a facility that has the programming that you or he would like him to complete.

The best place for him to start is with his case worker.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onestepcloser View Post
He should have a case worker that he can speak with about transferring due to programming needs. Depending upon how long his sentence is, he could be moved at a later date when their are beds available and room in the program that he needs. All that being said, do you know if his sentence required programming while he was incarcerated? If not, it is possible that he they won't relocate him to a facility that has the programming that you or he would like him to complete.

The best place for him to start is with his case worker.

Yes, he is required to be in an AODA program. I told him to write a note to meet with his social worker. I'm hoping that's the same as a case worker.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Yes, he is required to be in an AODA program. I told him to write a note to meet with his social worker. I'm hoping that's the same as a case worker.
Yes, social worker and case worker are same.

Not sure how long he has been in and how much more time he has, but don't be surprised if they aren't in a rush to get him in programming. There are many factors that determine when he will be put in a program - length of sentence, beds available at facility that offer his required program and open spots in the program. Their goal is to get him through required programming before his release and it's possible it will be closer to the end of his time.

Talking to his social worker is his best place to start.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:39 PM

A social worker and a case worker are the same thing. Wis DOC is geared towards offering treatment towards the end of their sentence rather then the begining. That being said, there are plenty of institutions that offer AODA. If he is trying to get closer to home Jackson in Black River Falls offers it as well as RCI in Racine. New Lisbon and Red Granite may or may not offer it. As AODA is the most needed and required treatment among inmates, it is offered at more institutions Also, at the time of sentencing he would have been either determined elgible or inelgible for earned release. If he is eligble, completion of AODA would likely be followed by release. Again, the new admin has plans to reform Wisconsin as we have 3 times as many inmates as Minnesota with a comparable overall population. Wisconsin simply can't afford to house 25,000+ inmates anymore, plus thousands more on probation, parole, and extended release. I hope you get some good news from your loved one and things continue to go fairly smooth for you.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:14 AM

I keep looking on the web to see if reckless endangerment felony f and g charges are considered a violent crime, do you know
Old 01-24-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boopsy69 View Post
I keep looking on the web to see if reckless endangerment felony f and g charges are considered a violent crime, do you know
If the crime was 941.30 with no enhancers then no...it is not a violent crime.

Last edited by formerwisinmate; 01-24-2019 at 04:12 PM..