Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:06 PM

Default 6mon program for parole- taking classes for loved one?

Hubby just got approved for parole Monday and was transferred to a pre-release unit on Wednesday for a 6 month program. I got a letter from him today saying whether or not I take some classes determines if he will come home after the program, or go to a half way house. Of course Ill do whatever it takes to get him home, just wondering if anyone knows what kind of classes I would have to do or knows anything about it? I havent read this anywhere so any info is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2019, 09:56 AM

Congrats!
Old 01-13-2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmom2013 View Post
Congrats!
Thank you!!!! Im so happy
Old 01-14-2019, 11:48 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenF View Post
Hubby just got approved for parole Monday and was transferred to a pre-release unit on Wednesday for a 6 month program. I got a letter from him today saying whether or not I take some classes determines if he will come home after the program, or go to a half way house. Of course Ill do whatever it takes to get him home, just wondering if anyone knows what kind of classes I would have to do or knows anything about it? I havent read this anywhere so any info is appreciated
Was he approved with an FI-5? Is he referring to the Phase 1B program rather than halfway house? If so, the classes he is referring to are family counseling sessions with both you and him in a group setting. My husband is at the Havins Unit and the sessions are at 9:00. I would get there as early as possible, you get to start your visit then at 9:00 they call for the counseling sessions and itís kind of a first come first serve basis. I think itís 12 or 15 ďfamiliesĒ that can go. I hope this information helps you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Holly8312 For This Useful Post:
QueenF (01-14-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly8312 View Post
Was he approved with an FI-5? Is he referring to the Phase 1B program rather than halfway house? If so, the classes he is referring to are family counseling sessions with both you and him in a group setting. My husband is at the Havins Unit and the sessions are at 9:00. I would get there as early as possible, you get to start your visit then at 9:00 they call for the counseling sessions and itís kind of a first come first serve basis. I think itís 12 or 15 ďfamiliesĒ that can go. I hope this information helps you!
Yes! He was approved with FI-5 and is also at Havins unit. I got to see him yesterday and he mentioned it would be with me and him taking it. How did you get started, did he tell you when to be there or you get contacted by tdcj/the unit? Also what days are the classes? I live over 2 hours away and work full time so I would have to take off work, which is no prob just trying to plan... and do you know how many sessions? Thank you soo much for the info so far!!
Old 01-16-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenF View Post
Yes! He was approved with FI-5 and is also at Havins unit. I got to see him yesterday and he mentioned it would be with me and him taking it. How did you get started, did he tell you when to be there or you get contacted by tdcj/the unit? Also what days are the classes? I live over 2 hours away and work full time so I would have to take off work, which is no prob just trying to plan... and do you know how many sessions? Thank you soo much for the info so far!!
You will need to do 2 sessions during his first 30 days there. The sessions are on Saturday or Sunday at 9:00 during visitation. The Unit/TDCJ will not contact you. I would get there as close to 8:00 as possible. When you go in for visit and hand the officer the slip of paper, some of them will ask if you are there for the family session. Then at 9:00 they will start calling the tables to go to te sessions. Let me know if I can answer any other questions. My husband has only been there for 6 weeks and we are both learning as we go.... hope this helps!
Old 01-17-2019, 07:31 PM

Smile

Quote:
You will need to do 2 sessions during his first 30 days there. The sessions are on Saturday or Sunday at 9:00 during visitation. The Unit/TDCJ will not contact you. I would get there as close to 8:00 as possible. When you go in for visit and hand the officer the slip of paper, some of them will ask if you are there for the family session. Then at 9:00 they will start calling the tables to go to te sessions. Let me know if I can answer any other questions. My husband has only been there for 6 weeks and we are both learning as we go.... hope this helps!
You are a savior! Lol, I havent been able to find any info on this, and he just got transferred there last week and still isnt set up for phones for me to ask him these questions. I think you have answered pretty much everything, but I am wondering though what kind of things are they talking about or asking? I get awkward talking in front of groups of people sometimes haha, so just trying to prepare! Thank you again I really appreciate your help!
Old 01-18-2019, 07:28 AM

The 2 sessions I went to it was really just the counselors talking. They didnít ask any questions of the family members, one of them did ask the inmates a question. The great news is you will get to sit next to him! I was super excited about that lol!!!
Old 01-18-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
The 2 sessions I went to it was really just the counselors talking. They didnít ask any questions of the family members, one of them did ask the inmates a question. The great news is you will get to sit next to him! I was super excited about that lol!!!
Okay good bc that was making me nervous haha! I am super excited about getting to sit next to him