Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation & Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation & Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 02-21-2007, 01:52 AM

Question Need Information on Federal half way houses

I am new to this and have been trying to find out info on Bannum Place of Charleston,WV. My son is in Federal Camp in Beaver,WV and is due to go to Halfway house in 13 days. He is being released to me to take him there. I have not heard anything about home visits or got any calls from anyone at camp except him. From what I have been reading of other posting this is not normal. Any suggestions? Thanks so much for any help
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2007, 09:18 AM

Sometimes the home visits don't happen until he is already at the HWH about to go home on home confinement. Some people get a home visit until 12 months before release to HWH,some 10 months, some 1 month, some not until HWH. It varies as with anything with the BOP. If his HWH release date is in 13 days, and he tells you to pick him up, then that is correct. You will just pick him up and drop him off at the HWH. Please do not get worried. Enjoy his one step closer to home .
Old 02-21-2007, 02:09 PM

Thank you so much, I wish I had found this site at beginning of this journey instead of at end.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:24 PM

I'ver been told here, that after the first week with a paycheck stub, they get a few hours furlough, 2nd week, 24 hours, 3rd week....a weekend amd so on. Probably not true for the bigger hwh's though...ours that he will go to is small and overcrowded.
One thing I want to ask....is electronic monitoring mandatory until their probation period starts or can they get off of it earlier? He was on pretrial for years and only elec. mon. for a month because of good behavior and passing all drug tests. Anybody know!!! Thanks so much!!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 07:25 PM

Oh, enjoy your trip to the hwh and let us know how it all works out.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:22 PM

Unhappy Trip to halfway house

The trip to halfway house was wonderful getting to see our son after 4 months was wonderful. But pulling up to halfway house and thinking this has got to be terrable mistake. It looked like a metal storage building, holding 47 males and 7 females.He will be there 5 weeks. He doesn't have to work because his time is short as is everything else in that place. No privacy, no windows or lights in sleeping area, everyone must furnish own flashlight if you want to see. It is awlful but he can do anything for 5 weeks. Get to go see him tomorrow from 12-5. Pray time goes fast for all of us.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:14 PM

Sounds awful - how far from home?
Old 03-12-2007, 08:04 PM

Smile close to home

He is an hour and 15 minutes from home. Believe me it is close enought to go every week. Just to be able to see him two weeks in a row was so nice, we hadn't got to see him since before Thanksgiving and it was so hard going throught the holidays knowing we had all this good food and he was eating raman noodles. But we are going to have a feast when he gets home. He has 4 weeks today and if it gets two crowded he may be home by easter. He says he was better off in prison but if he goes back it is straight to hole. He can last 4 weeks after all he has been through.