Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation & Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation & Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 10-29-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Federal Half way houses - how do they work?

I have heard about them using half way houses. How does this work? Sully is sentenced to seven months in FCI Morgantown, five months on tether and 2 years probation. Does this mean we can petition for him to come to a half way house in the community(we do have one my girlfriend works there) for a short period? If we would it would be a big relief to us because we are expecting our first child almost to the day of his release. If he made the half way house it would mean I wouldn't have to worry about a thirteen hour drive down to get him and thirteen hours back while I am ready to drop a kid. If we can do this how do we go about it?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2005, 06:38 AM
Registered

If you mean House Arrest when you say "on tether", he will not be eligible for 1/2 way house placement. The minimum sentence that will earn him GTC (Good Time Credit) (and thereby 1/2 way house time)is 1 year and 1 day. Home confinement will not count towards this length of time and even if it did... his total sentence would only be 1 year; thereby missing the mark by 1 day. Sorry.

Keep the Faith

Michael

"You have to go through the rain to get to the rainbow"

Last edited by TxRhino; 10-30-2005 at 06:39 AM..