Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Hazelton Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hazelton Federal Prisons Topics and discussion specific to the federal prisons - Hazelton in Bruceton Mills, West Virginia.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcella123 View Post
Hi all i just got an email back from FCI Hazelton they said that hopefully by weekend it should be over fingers crossed hey as this really is not on
Thank you for the info.

But wooowww! by the weekend?! These people!!!! 2 weeks on lockdown???!!! I miss him too much already to top it up with this...

BTW...

I think we should keep this blog or open a new one to comment on anything in regards to our situation. It feels good to talk to other people about what we are going through since is not a topic everyone around you understands. WE DO UNDERSTAND what we go through day by day... We can get questions answered and help each other out. Thank you all in advanced for participating in this post. I was really hoping opening a thread would work and it did...
The Following User Says Thank You to Asan0908 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-09-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2017, 06:21 PM

My guy has been there since July. This is the fourth lock down. The first was like 2 days, the second 4. This is the longest...and hopefully last. When he came out after Christmas he said it was crazy and he doesn't think these 2 groups are going to stop....I hate not being able to talk to him....but I feel his spirit telling me not to give up on him. Sounds crazy but its all I have right now. Thanks for listening...and helping by reaching out.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asan0908 View Post
Thank you for the info.

But wooowww! by the weekend?! These people!!!! 2 weeks on lockdown???!!! I miss him too much already to top it up with this...

BTW...

I think we should keep this blog or open a new one to comment on anything in regards to our situation. It feels good to talk to other people about what we are going through since is not a topic everyone around you understands. WE DO UNDERSTAND what we go through day by day... We can get questions answered and help each other out. Thank you all in advanced for participating in this post. I was really hoping opening a thread would work and it did...
That's a great idea. At least one of us should hear from our loved ones....if its not one its the other. Let me know....count me in.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmiller66 View Post
My guy has been there since July. This is the fourth lock down. The first was like 2 days, the second 4. This is the longest...and hopefully last. When he came out after Christmas he said it was crazy and he doesn't think these 2 groups are going to stop....I hate not being able to talk to him....but I feel his spirit telling me not to give up on him. Sounds crazy but its all I have right now. Thanks for listening...and helping by reaching out.
I feel the same way....like giving up but I know its beyond his control. I keep myself busy with work but even at that I'm constantly checking my phone. So what I do is write him letters everyday. That keeps me from going crazy. If I don't write he'll be going crazy in there thinking I'm doing something else out here but waiting for him. Wish they would get rid of whoever is causing problems for everyone. I don't think that's fair to nobody. Hope n pray soon I hear from him.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:53 AM
Donation Award 

Default Hazelton FCI

Quote:
Does anyone know what's going on at FCI Hazelton lately?One long lock down during the holidays, and now this one God knows until when... Anyone with information to share with the rest? Just a comment to let it all out is fine as well. This situation is very frustrating!!! One very worried girlfriend on this side of the screen...
I am wondering the same thing. Had a call from our son on Christmas Eve, to let us know about the lockdown. Haven't heard from him since, no emails or calls! What a horrible time of year to do this to them!
Old 01-10-2017, 07:59 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Welcome to Prison Talk. I hope you receive answers about the ongoing? most recent? lockdown at Hazelton. The warden definitely uses lockdowns more than most
This has gone on way too long. Everyone has to suffer, because of a group of idiots? Why not just send them to the hole, and let the rest of the population have their visits!
Old 01-10-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Does anyone know what's going on at FCI Hazelton lately?One long lock down during the holidays, and now this one God knows until when... Anyone with information to share with the rest? Just a comment to let it all out is fine as well. This situation is very frustrating!!! One very worried girlfriend on this side of the screen...

I've been waiting for my Husband to contact me since Tuesday he told me they were locking in and probably wouldn't be out for a while I didn't think it would be this long of them being locked in!! It's killin me to not speak to him
Old 01-10-2017, 10:28 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 15,628 Times in 9,495 Posts

I think the wardens expect the angry locked down inmates to police the prisoners who are causing the trouble.

My opinion is that some wardens like lockdowns, because a few of them use that punishment far more often than others do. Hazelton and Victorville are two of the lockdown friendly prisons, but they aren't alone.

Last edited by fbopnomore; 01-10-2017 at 10:31 AM..
Old 01-10-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
I think the wardens expect the angry locked down inmates to police the prisoners who are causing the trouble.

My opinion is that some wardens like lockdowns, because a few of them use that punishment far more often than others do. Hazelton and Victorville are two of the lockdown friendly prisons, but they aren't alone.
I wrote to them and they also told me that they will hopefully get this issue resolved by the end of the week. This is just an abuse of power. What can we do on the outside to stop this from.happening so often? I would understand a few days, but two whole weeks? And during holidays? What about the kids out here waiting for their dads? What kind of christmas and new years did they get?
Old 01-10-2017, 05:03 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

The only result I observed from family complaints made to the bop was retaliation against the inmate. They know they can do whatever they want to do as long as they say "safety and security", and "complainers", inmate or families, are definitely hated by all staff.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:49 AM
Donation Award 

This has been going on for nearly 3 weeks now. Any news out there? Hazelton FCI warden is a jerk! Put the offenders in the hole, and let the rest have their lives back. Such as it is.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:16 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
The only result I observed from family complaints made to the bop was retaliation against the inmate. They know they can do whatever they want to do as long as they say "safety and security", and "complainers", inmate or families, are definitely hated by all staff.
I hear you. Especially that pig Knox. I've met a few who were nice, but most of them act like we are pond scum, or worse.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:03 PM

I just got an email from my guy (well, actually 2). He said that they were being let out to shower and check emails and that hopefully would be out tomorrow or the next day. Then emailed back to say that he had talked to the lt and they should be out tomorrow. Yayy!
Old 01-11-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmiller66 View Post
I just got an email from my guy (well, actually 2). He said that they were being let out to shower and check emails and that hopefully would be out tomorrow or the next day. Then emailed back to say that he had talked to the lt and they should be out tomorrow. Yayy!
Yes! I talked to my babe too... Finally! I am so relieved. He told me the same thing. They let them out today a couple of hours. He texted me and called me, but he wrote that the line for the phones was long and that he was going to try and call. I guess he got the chance and I am so glad he did! He also told me that hopefully it will all go back to normal tomorrow.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:37 PM

Apparently 69 inmates got into a huge fight...
Old 01-11-2017, 02:39 PM

I hope they stop the fighting after this lockdown. I think a next one will be longer and longer until they get the message.

Last edited by Asan0908; 01-11-2017 at 02:43 PM..
Old 01-14-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I hope they stop the fighting after this lockdown. I think a next one will be longer and longer until they get the message.
I totally agree with you. I have a question....I am new to this thread. I would like to be able to keep in touch with anyone who has a loved one in Hazelton. I would like to know if there's a way I can get notifications....I'd like to keep in touch and get any news anyone might have.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:05 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

The notifications are having a software glitch, but it should be fixed soon. Go to the "User CP" tab at the top of each page, and subscribe to the threads that interest you the most.

You can also send a private message to any member, including those who post about having a loved one at Hazelton. Click on their username, then "contact info" and finally "send a PM to". You can also post to the public thread so that other folks who are interested in what goes on at Hazelton can read it too.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:42 PM

Anybody that has someone in Hazelton... Are they on lockdown if not please inform Arenzo King an inmate in there to call me asap. Thank you