Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison Profiles Post information and profiles for Ohio prisons here!

Old 10-18-2003, 01:42 PM

Unhappy Serving time at Southeastern Correctional Institute, Lancaster Ohio

My son was sent yesterday to Southeastern Correctional Institute in Lancaster, Ohio. He was transferred from CRC in Orient, Ohio. He is serving a one year sentence.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2003, 08:41 PM

Welcome!!! I am near Lancaster. I will keep you and your son in my prayers.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:19 PM

My husband did a year down there at BIS about 7 yrs ago.

Old 10-21-2003, 10:17 PM

My ex did the first part of his sentence at BIS. He was moved to MaCI after he caught a case and his security level was raised. One of my employees has 2 brothers there right now. My ex didn't like that it was a dorm vs. cells but other than that I don't remember him saying anything too particularly bad about it.

Laura
Old 10-22-2003, 05:23 PM

Thank you to all of you who responded. Any information that I can get regarding the institution would greatly be appreciated.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:30 PM

I'm very worried about my son. I know that he has to watch his things all of the time. Do they get a box or something to lock up their belongings? How does that work at this institution? He's at Southeastern Corr. Inst. in Lancaster, OH. I don't understand why they don't have cells. Having everyone together in a dorm setting is not good. I'm sure a lot of attitudes get going. I just pray that he's ok. He's not use to being incarcerated. I'm trying to get him moved closer to home. I feel like I'm loosing my mind worrying about him. It's like I can't protect him and I feel so helpless. I know that he's 22 but he was so use to going to college, being a kid. Sorry to rattle on and thanks for your comments! Deb
Old 10-23-2003, 07:07 PM

Hi I'm going to SCI for the first time on Nov 1 to see my son. He was at Lorain, but is in bootcamp now. I think it will take about 3 hours to get there lol, but can't wait to see him.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:58 PM

Hello Wen welcome to PTO. I hope you have a great visit.

Old 10-29-2003, 10:05 PM
my scotchy!

Hello! Lancaster really is not to bad! I worked there in the late 80's and I still have alot of friends that do. If you have any specific questions PM me and I will help if I can!

Tekela
Old 11-01-2003, 02:47 PM

I just got word that the former warden was killed in a car accident. They are looking for the new warden now.. The warden from London has been transfered there.....all I can say good about this is ..finally London will get a deep breath. I know Mark Houk from past dealings with him. He hates prisoners and is a black man with an attitude. I am Native American and don't have a prejudice bone in my body so not going there. Just recognize his problem. Pray for the men at SCI.

ndn
Old 11-03-2003, 07:47 AM

That's not good news at all. The Warden that is going there is not a very nice person. I hope my son doesn't have to deal with him! Thanks for the info!
Old 02-12-2004, 08:04 PM

Default Hi deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMarto
My son was sent yesterday to Southeastern Correctional Institute in Lancaster, Ohio. He was transferred from CRC in Orient, Ohio. He is serving a one year sentence.
We seem to have a lot in common. My name is also deb and also my son is placed at southeastern. He was 22 but recently had a birthday.
Aside from the dorm rooms and prison confinements it is not as bad as CRC
The Following User Says Thank You to Debjo For This Useful Post:
daniv1980 (12-21-2011)
Old 02-20-2004, 07:47 PM
BOP VACATION IS OVER!!!!

Default brother at lancaster

hello ladies....My brother has been in lancaster for over a year and has about 5 and a half more to go (drug charges). I have been there several times (twice monthly) it use to be a reform school for boys then it was turned into a prison. It also had the reputation as a gladiator prison (fight school) BUT from what my brother says....Its nothing like that at all. They do live in a dorm like atmosphere but they are able to somehow lock up their things....
JUST AN F.Y.I.
WATCH WHAT YOU SAY ON THE PHONES.....THEY ARE LISTENING TO CONVERSATIONS....
My brother just did 90 days in the hole there over a phone conversation....Beware of what you say!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Holly6005 For This Useful Post:
daniv1980 (12-21-2011)
Old 03-03-2004, 09:28 PM

Hello, my son has been at S.C.I. for over 2 years and he says its not that bad there, but he would rather have a cell and not a dorm, but I have been reading alot about celled inmates and they say they are more dangerous especially if you are in one who might harm you, my son is going to school at sci and is trying to go into the honor camp, I feel he is doing good there, I had told his attorney that he was transferred to sci from orient reception center and he said that was good, because he said all the inmates are trying to get to SCI, I don't know much about this new warden but the one that was killed,( the guards said was to lenient) which the inmates were very upset when he was killed tells you something) was letting them order out for donuts, pizza, chicken, once a month and also having cookouts on labor day,etc.and they had a ice schulpter contest last year and they can play horse shoes, and just recently Buster Douglas the boxer was there to visit them.Also, about keeping their things locked up they have a foot locker, with a pad lock, but they sometimes get broken into when they have visits, if they have a good friend they will watch it for them. Good Luck, my son has been in Lucasville, manci, ross, madison, lebannom, warren, London. And he has done his best at Sci, I hope this gives you some comfort. I know it does me! (excuse my spelling)
The Following User Says Thank You to jane For This Useful Post:
daniv1980 (12-21-2011)
Old 12-21-2011, 04:57 AM

my fiancee also in lancaster..so hard on me cause im having our first child in april 2012 and he will still be there
Old 12-22-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly6005 View Post
hello ladies....My brother has been in lancaster for over a year and has about 5 and a half more to go (drug charges). I have been there several times (twice monthly) it use to be a reform school for boys then it was turned into a prison. It also had the reputation as a gladiator prison (fight school) BUT from what my brother says....Its nothing like that at all. They do live in a dorm like atmosphere but they are able to somehow lock up their things....
JUST AN F.Y.I.
WATCH WHAT YOU SAY ON THE PHONES.....THEY ARE LISTENING TO CONVERSATIONS....
My brother just did 90 days in the hole there over a phone conversation....Beware of what you say!!!!!

usually the guards in control bored and listening, plus the system is set up where they program specific key words, and when ever someone says a key word, that call is flagged and will pop up on their screen to be listened say the next day.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:30 PM

Default Mother 2 Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMarto View Post
I'm very worried about my son. I know that he has to watch his things all of the time. Do they get a box or something to lock up their belongings? How does that work at this institution? He's at Southeastern Corr. Inst. in Lancaster, OH. I don't understand why they don't have cells. Having everyone together in a dorm setting is not good. I'm sure a lot of attitudes get going. I just pray that he's ok. He's not use to being incarcerated. I'm trying to get him moved closer to home. I feel like I'm loosing my mind worrying about him. It's like I can't protect him and I feel so helpless. I know that he's 22 but he was so use to going to college, being a kid. Sorry to rattle on and thanks for your comments! Deb
I became a member just so I could tell you something. Do not worry about rattling on. I am a mother of a 22 yr old son as well. They are still our babies. My son was moved to Lancaster on Monday. This is his 1st time. I am like you, I have so many questions. I am so scared for him. This prison is known as The Gladiator Prison. Not to scare you, but I have heard it is pretty rough, which frightens me even more. I cant stop thinking about him. I am stressed and so fearful. I will pray for you as well as your son. Here is my personal email address, if you would like to keep in contact with me. I just want you to know that you are not alone.

Last edited by Terrified Mommy; 01-11-2017 at 03:16 PM..
Old 01-11-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopster View Post
usually the guards in control bored and listening, plus the system is set up where they program specific key words, and when ever someone says a key word, that call is flagged and will pop up on their screen to be listened say the next day.
I have been hearing alot of this so called "Gladiator Prison", My son was sent there on Mon. I am scared to death of what he might endure while in there.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debjo View Post
We seem to have a lot in common. My name is also deb and also my son is placed at southeastern. He was 22 but recently had a birthday.
Aside from the dorm rooms and prison confinements it is not as bad as CRC

Seems the most of us have sons the same age. I pray for each and every one of these boys. My son just left CRC Mon, I spoke with him multiple times and he said it wasnt bad at all. He was there for about 2 month before being placed at Lancaster. Now after hearing about this place and the new warden, I am terrified for him.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:24 PM
Former Inmate

Quote:
I have been hearing alot of this so called "Gladiator Prison", My son was sent there on Mon. I am scared to death of what he might endure while in there.
I'm going to age myself here, but, when I was at SCI in 1999/2000, it was hardly a gladiator camp. You had guys who were causing trouble, but, if you kept your head down and did the right thing, you didn't have any trouble.

I had friends who didn't EOS out until 2010: while the hill had its share of problems, they rode out the guys who were causing the most issues and it's your typical minimum/medium camp these days.

*Any* prison has the potential to be a rough place, but, it's how you behave that generally indicates how your time is going to be spent.

Hope this helps calm your nerves;

BigE