Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:25 AM

Question Securus or (OTS) Confused Please Help, Thanks

So, Im registered with Secures. And we used Secures while he was in the county. But hes been transferred to a transfer unit a week ago. Of course, I havent heard from him. He is suppose to be transferred to an Isf unit which is privately own. And I read that the Isf units you have to register with Offender Telephone System, (OTS). So, Im not quite sure what to do. I have money on Secures. But Im not registered with this (OTS). Does anyone have suggestions on what I should do?? Of course, I want him to be able to call when he gets where he is going. And will Secures give me my money back?? Id probably leave that account open just in case. Weve never used (OTS) And Im not even sure about it. And help is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:59 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,249 Times in 15,256 Posts

There's a Sticky thread at the top of this forum that has phone info. Here is part of what it says:

Quote:
Before you can receive calls from a TDCJ offender, you must first register your telephone number:

Internet: texasprisonphone.com

Note: You will need the offender's TDCJ ID Number to register to receive phone calls from him or her.

If you do not know their number you can find it through the online offender search or by phone at (936) 295-6371 or (800) 535-0283. The phones are answered from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday. Telephone: (866) 806-7804

Here is the link to that post:
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=701255

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
LadyRunner (11-27-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 03:49 AM

I have another question now since I found out where he is now. He’s at a State Jail now. So do I still have to be registered thru Tdcj?? I was told by Securus when he calls since I will not be approved assuming until today that when he calls that it will prompt me to put in my credit card number to be able to have the call go through. Just trying to figure this out & get things done since I’m sure he’ll call soon. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:15 AM

You have to register your number with TDCJ. You can't get calls until that is approved and he can't make calls until he has done the voice recognition. The voice recognition can take some time one he hits TDCJ.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:53 PM
TDCJ hand

Thanked 1,374 Times in 749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRunner View Post
I have another question now since I found out where he is now. Hes at a State Jail now. So do I still have to be registered thru Tdcj?? I was told by Securus when he calls since I will not be approved assuming until today that when he calls that it will prompt me to put in my credit card number to be able to have the call go through. Just trying to figure this out & get things done since Im sure hell call soon. Thanks in advance.

Yes, state jails are TDCJ units.
The Following User Says Thank You to TDCJ hand For This Useful Post:
LadyRunner (11-28-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 02:49 PM

Hopefully my last question. Thanks in advance for all your help. Is there a wait period once they arrive at the unit that they will serve thier time at before they can call home?? He’s finally at an Isf unit. Which is where he told me he was going. I called this am & my registration was approved through Tdcj. I was suprised not to have received a call by now. I apologize. I’m am a little anxious to hear from him. And making sure I have my ducks in a row. And since I’m registered with Tdcj how do I add funds for him to call?? Thanks so much.

Last edited by LadyRunner; 11-28-2018 at 02:53 PM..
Old 12-06-2018, 08:59 AM

Getting your phone approved is only part of the process. The inmate has to get there voice recognition done for the phones. This can take a while. When my girlfriend transferred it took 3 weeks. I have heard that is on the fast side. You can add funds through jpay.