Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Wives & Girlfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wives & Girlfriends in Prison For everyone who has a wife, girlfriend, or female partner incarcerated.

Old 11-28-2018, 12:50 PM

Default Help, wife in disciplinary lock down and need help

Hi.im new here and have a problem with my wife in jail. She's in jail for probation violation from 2 offense DUI and resisting arrest. Her original sentence was 45 days in parish jail, 2 years probation, and 1 year house arrest with alcohol monitoring. She has am ankle bracelet on each leg which is very expensive. Her po violated her cause her alcohol monitor gave a positive reading and she failed a drug test. She got rearested and sentence to 6 months in parish jail. So one month in, she got into a fight with her cellmate cause she was stealing her commessary and got taken to lock down for 45 days for not breaking up the fight and resisting commands. Here's the problem, during the fight, her shower sandals came off and she hasn't gotten them back. The guards won't give her a pair and that's the only footwear they have. She's been barefoot the whole time in lock down and doesn't have anything to wear while showering. She's concern about getting a fungus. She don't mind being barefoot except for the shower. She tells the guards and they don't care and tell her she shouldn't have fought. Who can I notify this to help her out. She only gets 2 calls a week and 1 visit a month while on lock down. When I visited her, she showed me how dirty her feet were. I tried to make light of the situation and said that's how they look at the house cause you never wear shoes anyway. That made us laugh a little. She kinda likes being away from other inmates but does get lonely. One other complaint is that every morning, they remove the Matt from the cell and don't give them back until lights out. when she is allowed out the cell, she has to cuffed and shackled at all times and they get soggy bologna sandwich for lunch band nutrition bread for supper. Anyone else has a lo in the hole, and who can I call to try to get her shower sandals back
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2018, 02:02 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 5,116 Times in 1,974 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benm887 View Post
Hi.im new here and have a problem with my wife in jail. She's in jail for probation violation from 2 offense DUI and resisting arrest. Her original sentence was 45 days in parish jail, 2 years probation, and 1 year house arrest with alcohol monitoring. She has am ankle bracelet on each leg which is very expensive. Her po violated her cause her alcohol monitor gave a positive reading and she failed a drug test. She got rearested and sentence to 6 months in parish jail. So one month in, she got into a fight with her cellmate cause she was stealing her commessary and got taken to lock down for 45 days for not breaking up the fight and resisting commands. Here's the problem, during the fight, her shower sandals came off and she hasn't gotten them back. The guards won't give her a pair and that's the only footwear they have. She's been barefoot the whole time in lock down and doesn't have anything to wear while showering. She's concern about getting a fungus. She don't mind being barefoot except for the shower. She tells the guards and they don't care and tell her she shouldn't have fought. Who can I notify this to help her out. She only gets 2 calls a week and 1 visit a month while on lock down. When I visited her, she showed me how dirty her feet were. I tried to make light of the situation and said that's how they look at the house cause you never wear shoes anyway. That made us laugh a little. She kinda likes being away from other inmates but does get lonely. One other complaint is that every morning, they remove the Matt from the cell and don't give them back until lights out. when she is allowed out the cell, she has to cuffed and shackled at all times and they get soggy bologna sandwich for lunch band nutrition bread for supper. Anyone else has a lo in the hole, and who can I call to try to get her shower sandals back

It's not a simple process of making a phone call and making a couple demands and having your wishes granted. The parish jail's officers are not going to care about the fairness or unfairness. About the only thing you can do is contact whatever the equivalent of their watch commander is and explain what happened and your concerns about her health and possible fungal infections.

They still might not give shower shoes to her. But if you explain calmly and ask politely...maybe.

Unfortunately, jails do not treat inmates fairly and don't follow their own policies. Fighting with them will get no results. Being calm and polite MIGHT.

-Eric

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
safran (11-28-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 04:40 PM

Just got back from her court hearing and she had her shower sandals on. I figured they wouldn't allow her to go to court without them. Although it's always painful yo see her lik
e that but she seemed in good spirits. Hopefully she can call this evening, crossing my fingers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benm887 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-28-2018), missingdee (11-29-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 01:17 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,303 Times in 7,151 Posts

What parish jail is she located in, if you don't mind my asking?

Old 12-01-2018, 03:35 PM

Jefferson parish correctional facility
The Following User Says Thank You to benm887 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 06:13 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,303 Times in 7,151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benm887 View Post
Jefferson parish correctional facility

Oh boy. SMH. Tell her to just lay low and stay out of trouble for heaven's sake.

The Following User Says Thank You to LifeTraveler For This Useful Post:
missingdee (12-03-2018)