Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Headed to Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Headed to Prison Dedicated to those who are facing incarceration. What to expect; what you can do to prepare; Q&A's; support.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:27 PM

Default Will I get more charges?

I was sentenced to 4 yrs in federal Prison but given time to self surrender. I did not know I was still reporting ect. PO called saying I missed a UA. I explained but it start looking like they were going to detain me then, so I did not go, nor have I called on UA"s ect. I messaged that I would still be surrendering on the day ordered, but that I was not gonna come in and get arrested. I have not been told I have a warrant and have been in contact with my lawyer daily, but a neighbor called and said they had to come to my house looking for me. If I turn myself in on the date ordered, can I be charged with a new crime. Anyone heard of a similar situation?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1967 View Post
I was sentenced to 4 yrs in federal Prison but given time to self surrender. I did not know I was still reporting ect. PO called saying I missed a UA. I explained but it start looking like they were going to detain me then, so I did not go, nor have I called on UA"s ect. I messaged that I would still be surrendering on the day ordered, but that I was not gonna come in and get arrested. I have not been told I have a warrant and have been in contact with my lawyer daily, but a neighbor called and said they had to come to my house looking for me. If I turn myself in on the date ordered, can I be charged with a new crime. Anyone heard of a similar situation?
So... what has your lawyer said about all of this? She/he could try to talk to the PO and set something up to hopefully get things rolling so that you can self surrender but you're going to have to comply with the UA or whatever else the PO asks for or things won't likely go well for you. They absolutely can file for a warrant, and take you into custody. But they should also be in touch with your attorney. I can't imagine that your attorney is advising you that this is a "smart" move.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Girl22472 For This Useful Post:
Ms Sunny (06-26-2020), She'sMyAngel (06-29-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 04:14 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,920 Times in 13,725 Posts

Expect to be arrested. That's why they came to your house. The only way to manage what you are facing is if your lawyer can get the prosecutor to agree to a deal.

New charges depend on your State's laws, and the prosecutor's intent. If there is a law in place that you can be charged with, (if it is a federal case, there is an available statute), it will be up to your prosecutor. Even if they won't agree to withhold the arrest warrant, it still may be possible to schedule turning yourself in, which should reduce the drama when you do.