Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MEDICAL & HEALTH > General Health Care
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Health Care Prison Health Care.. Medical, medications and all that go with it related to health care in the prison system...

Old 05-04-2017, 12:06 AM

Exclamation Brother's creatinine levels dropping, medical not helping

My brother recently tested with a low creatinine for during a surprise routine drug test. Medical refused to see him. They said he is not taking any medications that would cause that. He is currently in the hole for this violation. My issue is that I got (from an inside source) his past 3 creatinine levels. 90,30, then most recent 8.5. I am a Medical Laboratory Scientist, and frankly this trend concerns me. They refused to do a serum creatinine or even repeat his random urine. As someone who tests people all day everyday I know that as a waste product, creatinine should be filtered through the kidneys and you should normally have a larger concentration in the urine. I'm at worried that the DOC is overlooking a potential medical issue. What can I do??
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2017, 10:00 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,317 Times in 10,449 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I'm sorry for what your brother, and you are experiencing with his lack of appropriate medical care. He can continue seeking help from the prison by signing up for sick call, and/or filing an inmate grievance that includes the correct treatment and RX medications for his condition. You can locate their approved RX formulary through an internet search for " missouri prison RX formulary", and if the correct medication is listed, he should be able to receive it.

Here's a link to Corizon's Missouri prison healthcare web page.
http://www.corizonhealth.com/
Old 05-05-2017, 02:59 PM

Creatine levels are normally 0.5-1-2. Those numbers have to be a different test. Someone with bad kidneys would be about 5