Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 05-20-2019, 07:46 PM

Default FCI Phoenix Lockdown?

Does anyone have a LO at FCI Phoenix?
Have not heard from my son since Thursday of last week. I know the week before they were having phone and computer problems. So I am just trying to find out if this is another technical issue or if they are on lockdown.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell1 View Post
Have not heard from my son since Thursday of last week. I know the week before they were having phone and computer problems. So I am just trying to find out if this is another technical issue or if they are on lockdown.
last i heard on Sunday/Monday they were on lockdown. havenít heard anything since then.

i do have a question, my boyfriend was moved from Florence to FCI Phoenix a few weeks ago. i havenít heard from him since then. i was told they donít allow them to use the phone for a week or two until they are settled in. is this true? i keep trying to call for answers but keep being told all info is on website or i have to wait for him to contact me. any info would help. thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cookzter For This Useful Post:
kell1 (05-27-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 09:01 PM

FCI Phoenix has been on lockdown since last Thursday afternoon and there not sure when they will be not on lockdown it may be through the weekend . I received a letter from my boyfriend saying he wasn't sure how long they would be in lockdown and he didn't know the reason why either . But on a separate piece of paper it said please call before coming down to the prison first to make sure inmates weren't still on lockdown and it wasn't my boyfriends writing so not sure when . This really sucks though .
The Following User Says Thank You to Balexander73 For This Useful Post:
kell1 (05-27-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 09:03 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookzter View Post
last i heard on Sunday/Monday they were on lockdown. havenít heard anything since then.

i do have a question, my boyfriend was moved from Florence to FCI Phoenix a few weeks ago. i havenít heard from him since then. i was told they donít allow them to use the phone for a week or two until they are settled in. is this true? i keep trying to call for answers but keep being told all info is on website or i have to wait for him to contact me. any info would help. thanks.
I'm sure he's aloud to contact you now but there on lockdown and have been since last Thursday . Sorry
Old 05-23-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balexander73 View Post
I'm sure he's aloud to contact you now but there on lockdown and have been since last Thursday . Sorry
thank you for the info. i usually hear from him but with two weeks and nothing itís making me worried.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:10 AM

Yes, FCI Phoenix on lockdown since last week and expected to be through Memorial weekend. No reasons given. This after speaking with guard who answered the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to HannahinCA For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-24-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 12:13 AM

Smile FCI lockdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell1 View Post
Yes, they are on lockdown. My brother is there. Spoke with a guard on the phone and confirmed this. Likely through weekend. Itís awful not knowing. Try and have patience and send them good thoughts!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HannahinCA For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-24-2019), kell1 (05-27-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
thank you for the info. i usually hear from him but with two weeks and nothing itís making me worried.
No problem . I just called down there and they said they would probably be locked down through memorial weekend Saturday , Sunday and Monday so it's looking like maybe Tuesday that we might hear from our loved ones . That's a longtime to be locked down in my opinion. So hopefully Tuesday will be the end of this lockdown .
fbopnomore (05-24-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
No problem . I just called down there and they said they would probably be locked down through memorial weekend Saturday , Sunday and Monday so it's looking like maybe Tuesday that we might hear from our loved ones . That's a longtime to be locked down in my opinion. So hopefully Tuesday will be the end of this lockdown .
omg. yes that is a long time. does this happen a lot or this the first time in a while?
Old 05-24-2019, 03:46 PM

This is the first time since my boyfriend has been back there he got there in feb of this year I guess it doesn't happen to often but enough to drive me crazy and worry lol . I'm just very thankful he gets out in sept to a halfway house then he's going to be completely done dec 15 I can't wait .
Old 05-24-2019, 05:10 PM

okay. yea my boyfriend was in Florence then two weeks ago they moved him to FCI Phoenix. he has till October 8th but weíre hoping heíll be home sooner. itís been about two weeks since iíve heard from him so iím worried & a little scared. hoping heís okay.

i was reading about the calls. do they really only get 15mins & 300 min. a month? iím so used to him calling at the other place every day & talking 2-3 times a day.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
okay. yea my boyfriend was in Florence then two weeks ago they moved him to FCI Phoenix. he has till October 8th but weíre hoping heíll be home sooner. itís been about two weeks since iíve heard from him so iím worried & a little scared. hoping heís okay.

i was reading about the calls. do they really only get 15mins & 300 min. a month? iím so used to him calling at the other place every day & talking 2-3 times a day.
Unfortunately yes that's all they get . They also have CorrLinks it's basically emailing each other through out the day and it's cheaper then phone calls and they can do it more often so that's something to think about .
fbopnomore (05-25-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:

That's really awesome not to much longer then . I'm happy for you and I hope the best for you both . Just keep your head up and before you know it he will be out .
Old 05-24-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately yes that's all they get . They also have CorrLinks it's basically emailing each other through out the day and it's cheaper then phone calls and they can do it more often so that's something to think about .
i heard they have that there. so hopefully as soon as i hear from him we can go over how to communicate. iím local & the facility is less than an hour from me so i can visit every week. calls every other day. & letters.

what makes things hard to deal with is he donít have a good relationship with his family so iím the only contact for him. i give them updates but they donít seem to care. sometimes dealing with all this is difficult, stressful, & new for the both of us. i thought maybe his family would be more supportive since heís their baby brother. iím just thankful i have my family whoís also been there for him as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cookzter For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-25-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 09:24 PM

Quote:
That's really awesome not to much longer then . I'm happy for you and I hope the best for you both . Just keep your head up and before you know it he will be out .
thank you. weíre suppose to be getting married. the other place he was at we were starting the paperwork but now that heís at this new place i donít know how thatís going to work out.

i keep counting the days which makes it seem longer. so everyone keeps telling me to stop & that heíll be home before i know it.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:08 AM

Smile

Quote:
i heard they have that there. so hopefully as soon as i hear from him we can go over how to communicate. iím local & the facility is less than an hour from me so i can visit every week. calls every other day. & letters.

what makes things hard to deal with is he donít have a good relationship with his family so iím the only contact for him. i give them updates but they donít seem to care. sometimes dealing with all this is difficult, stressful, & new for the both of us. i thought maybe his family would be more supportive since heís their baby brother. iím just thankful i have my family whoís also been there for him as well.
I know what you mean it is very hard to have someone you love some much and there locked up . You can't just call them whenever you want or go see them when you want but these guys are very blessed to have strong good women like us in there life to make there time go by easier and have something to look forward to every week my guy tells me that all the time .theres a lot of guys in there that don't have anyone there women bail is soon as they get locked up . So stay strong like you are and before you know it he will be out and you both can build a great life together with no boundaries are nothing stopping you from doing what you want together . I'm very thankful I only live about 40 mins away I live in Glendale 59th bell area so it's a hop and skip once I reach the freeway . Your a very good women to try and keep he's family informed . I hope you the best of luck with everything .
Old 05-25-2019, 08:25 AM

Default Fci lockdown

Thankful for this thread because I haven't heard anything from my boyfriend since last Friday and I'm very worried I called the prison to see and the guy was an ahole and said I would hear from him when I hear from him. Anybody else get this response ? I just want to know when they will be able to contact us
Old 05-25-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brina311 View Post
Thankful for this thread because I haven't heard anything from my boyfriend since last Friday and I'm very worried I called the prison to see and the guy was an ahole and said I would hear from him when I hear from him. Anybody else get this response ? I just want to know when they will be able to contact us
thatís what i tried to do cause my bf was moved there two weeks ago & i havenít heard from him yet. the guy who answered just told me everything i needed to know was on the website & then i had to wait for him to contact me. i then tried to ask him another question but he hung up on me.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
When called down there yesterday the guy told me that they would be on lockdown till Tuesday morning . But I'm sure if they are then it's going to be a mad house with the inmates trying to use the phones and CorrLinks to contact all there loved ones so I'm sure you will hear from him Tuesday just not to sure what time you know what I mean ? I know it's very hard not knowing what's going on and not being able to talk to your guy but you can only imagine what those guards are dealing with on a daily basis the amount of calls they get everyday I'm sure every sec the phone is ringing with questions but even worse is having to be locked up in a small cell everyday with nothing but time to think . My heart goes out to you and everyone that has a loved one locked up it's very hard but keep your head up and it will soon be over and things will go back to normal .
fbopnomore (05-25-2019)
Old 05-25-2019, 02:30 PM

Well with Saturday almost being over now we only have Sunday and Monday to go then hopefully Tuesday we all will hear from our loved ones finally . I was ready about a few other federal prisons that were on lockdown for a couple months, man I can't even imagine how the hell that would be . Two weeks and I'm already going crazy lol
fbopnomore (05-25-2019)
Old 05-25-2019, 11:27 PM

Default Unfriendly on the phone!

Quote:
Yes, I had the same thing happen when I called. And I had to hold for 50 minutes only to have them tell me to be patient, then hung up on me. They are not helpful and very tight lipped with info. But this is typical with BOP. Hopefully Tuesday it will be over. Hang in there. Weíre all in the same boat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HannahinCA For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-26-2019), kell1 (05-27-2019)
Old 05-26-2019, 11:58 AM

I called today and asked if there still on lockdown till Tuesday they maybe tomorrow or Tuesday so keep your fingers crossed and hopefully tomorrow .
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Balexander73 For This Useful Post:
ABrokus (05-27-2019), fbopnomore (05-27-2019), kell1 (05-27-2019)
Old 05-27-2019, 08:26 AM

Unfortunately FCI Phoenix is still on lockdown today no visits 5/27/2019 Monday . Called first thing in the morning .
fbopnomore (05-27-2019)
Old 05-27-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
I hope we hear from them tomorrow. I know my son is ok, but I am seriously going insane just not getting to talk to him.
Old 05-27-2019, 06:11 PM

I hear ya it's freaking horrible not be able to at least talk to them . My bf was able to send me a message the day they went on lockdown and he said , babe something just happened down hear so we're going to lockdown and since then I receive a letter from him and he wasn't even sure why they were at lockdown so I'm hoping tomorrow we all will be able to rest our minds . This diffently has put some gray hair on my head . Good luck to you I hope all is well .
kell1 (05-27-2019)