Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Louisiana that do not fit into any other Louisiana sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:02 PM

Question New - Glad to be here.

Hello Everyone, First off, I am so glad that I found you. I just wish I would have found you months ago but lack of computer for about a year messed that up. I met my fella through a friend and we hit it off right away. He is about 8 years younger than me, we are both in our 50s, and he is finishing up a 15 year sentence. It has been a long and trying year for us but it is almost over. He was at St Tammany Parish until it closed I moved to the edge of Florida to be closer so that I could visit him on a regular basis. That lasted for 2 weeks before he was transferred to Rayville work release from hell. He was there for 3 months before he was transferred to Lafourche. It was great because I do get to see him now every 2 weeks, not as good as St Tammany was but Ill still take it. Soon we will be having our very last visit!! Then the following week he is to be released, I cant wait. He did put in an Interstate Compact but that was denied .. his parents told them they could not do the visit when they wanted to because of the holidays and everyone was there. So of course, it was denied. Florida will not let him come to me because we are not married. We were just informed this last week eeeek! So now I am going crazy trying to find us a place in Louisiana. I cant make the trips needed to apartment search but I have been at it every day on the phone. It is so hard to find a place that will rent to us, no problem for me but Im not the felon. I know I am going to have to just make a day of it and go running around to find something I hate this part of. I never knew that it was going to be this difficult.

Does anyone possibly know anywhere I could look in the Kenner, New Orleans, Metarie, Harahan, area. I really need to find something before his release date of March 11. Or who I could contact?

Thank you so much. I am really glad to be here, I am no longer alone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tlhrescue For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (02-23-2018), patchouli (02-22-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2018, 09:11 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,884 Times in 16,527 Posts

Hello & welcome to PTO Whoooo Hoooo, Congratulations on his soon Homecoming

I'm not familiar with Louisiana, but we do have a Super Moderator that lives there that hopefully will have some ideas for you. She isn't online at the moment, but do keep checking this thread for replies

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 02-23-2018, 07:23 AM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,997 Times in 7,365 Posts

Hello and Welcome to PTO!! Congratulations on the homecoming!! I am about 150 miles west of where you're apartment hunting, so I'm rather stumped as for help. Can he not release to his parents? What about halfway houses? I know there are some in that area. I just don't know where.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:49 PM

He put in for an Interstate Compact to Florida (where his parents are) but it was denied. Why? Because when they showed up for the home inspection his dad told him not now because he had a houseful of family (Christmas time), so they denied it. Guess his dad didn't realize that they only gave you one chance. Kind of upset me because his dad never told my guy that they even showed up, work release/parole never told the results - we finally asked about it and that is when they informed us of the denial, a week ago.

He does have a place lined up to go but we are hoping to find a place so that we could start our life together. I didn't realize that it is hard to find a place when your felon. But I am in for the long haul and I know that eventually we will find a place. Just so stressful.

Thank you for the ideas, appreciate it.