Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:46 PM

Default How long does it take you to get a response from mail sent?

I sent a letter 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. I'm not waiting for a reply in the mail, I'm just waiting for him to open the letter and send me a Corrlinks request using the email address I sent him. Last time we exchanged letters, he got mine sooner than this. Do timelines often vary, or do you find that the sending and receiving happens in a very routine cycle? And for those of you who use Corrlink, am I waiting for an email in my regular email inbox (even if I'm already signed up for Corrlink)? Any insights are much appreciated, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2017, 02:05 PM

Sometimes mail is delayed for all sorts of reasons, but to answer your question about Corrlink, you will get the email in your regular email inbox, the one you used to sign up for Corrlink, and it will give you a code to use to approve being on his contact list for messaging. I hope you hear from him soon
Old 11-06-2017, 11:09 AM

USPS has a map on their website you can use to estimate how long it takes for mail to get from your zipcode to his. I don't have the link on me right now, but I will go search for it and if I can find it, I will edit this reply to put it on. I have figured out from that map and talks with my husband on the phone that my mail takes about four days to reach him. I then add an extra two days for processing in the mail room. That way, if I send him a Christmas card, I know to mail it out at least six days before Christmas (not including Sundays, of course).

Edit: here you go: ribbs.usps.gov/modernservicestandards/ssmaps/find_map.cfm Enter your zipcode, their zipcode, and what type of mail it is, and they'll give you a delivery estimate. Optimal delivery estimate, but it's a start.

Last edited by NeedA_Name; 11-06-2017 at 11:18 AM..
Old 11-06-2017, 12:06 PM
Coopers disciple

Something between 2 and 4 weeks usually. Takes about 7-10 days to get there, let him take a few days to answer, and then to get here. I live in Germany, my pen-pals mostly live in the US.