Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Louisiana that do not fit into any other Louisiana sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:21 PM

Default Need info, suggestions lockdown at iberia parish jail

My husband is in lockdown at iberia parish jail. Are lockdown procedures different at every facility? My concern is that they took all his writing materials, paper, prepaid envelopes and pen. My other concern is everything the inmates have to do is done on kiosk machines, from scheduling visits to any kind of request or grievance that needs to be filed. So that being said he wants to be transfered to a doc facility. My husband is already a doc inmate, he wrote a request to the warden for a geographical transfer, the warden wrote back..you aint going no where. Should i call the jail and ask their procedures for lockdown? Do they follow doc rules and procedures and disciplinary actions for doc inmates at parish facilities? Im not quite sure how all of this works but my husband is heated and says they are violating his rights. He finally called tonight after 6 days. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2017, 09:53 AM

Thanked 1,738 Times in 695 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarancam416 View Post
My husband is in lockdown at iberia parish jail. Are lockdown procedures different at every facility? My concern is that they took all his writing materials, paper, prepaid envelopes and pen. My other concern is everything the inmates have to do is done on kiosk machines, from scheduling visits to any kind of request or grievance that needs to be filed. So that being said he wants to be transfered to a doc facility. My husband is already a doc inmate, he wrote a request to the warden for a geographical transfer, the warden wrote back..you aint going no where. Should i call the jail and ask their procedures for lockdown? Do they follow doc rules and procedures and disciplinary actions for doc inmates at parish facilities? Im not quite sure how all of this works but my husband is heated and says they are violating his rights. He finally called tonight after 6 days. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.
I would reach out to Jimmy LeBlanc. He is the Secretary with the LA Dept of Public Safety & Corrections. I met him in 2016 at a criminal justice reform summit in Baton Rouge. He was a guest panelist & I was impressed at his real desire to make things better. His # is (225) 342-6740. He is THE guy that can check into the situation & possibly get him moved. Here is a link to the DOC Facebook page & it mentions that he went to Angola to talk about reform.

Good luck & hope you get help soon.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaReform View Post
I would reach out to Jimmy LeBlanc. He is the Secretary with the LA Dept of Public Safety & Corrections. I met him in 2016 at a criminal justice reform summit in Baton Rouge. He was a guest panelist & I was impressed at his real desire to make things better. His # is (225) 342-6740. He is THE guy that can check into the situation & possibly get him moved. Here is a link to the DOC Facebook page & it mentions that he went to Angola to talk about reform.

Good luck & hope you get help soon.
Thanks so much for the info!
Old 09-06-2017, 12:50 PM

Thanked 1,738 Times in 695 Posts

Sorry, the link to the DOC Facebook page didn't show up in my original post.https://www.facebook.com/LaDeptofCorrections/

Keeping fingers crossed for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
Sarancam416 (09-06-2017)