Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 01-21-2017, 01:12 AM

Default Intro--Suzynina from United Kingdom

Hi there - im a sister of someone who has just been sentenced to 40 months. He is devastated and lost everything. He knows he did the crime so he has to pay for that but he's really struggling. We are as a family very worried about his mental state as he is so torn up. 0rison must be the worst place and you hear so often how easy it is for criminals. He is only category c which makes him a person that is no threat to anybody and he didnt steal. His girlfriend has abandoned him and i think thats whats taken him over the edge. Im on this site hoping to find someone kind who can write to him. He's 40 years old and needs a penpal how can i find one? Any help would be so appreciated - his release date is feb 2018
Thanks in advance for any advice x
The Following User Says Thank You to Suzynina For This Useful Post:
maytayah (01-22-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2017, 02:46 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,783 Times in 2,077 Posts

Hello and welcome to Prison Talk! I am sorry you are going through this but I am glad you found us and decided to join - lots of people here in the same situation with you and your family....hopefully you will find support and friends in our community!

I can see that you are in the UK so I assume your brother is incarcerated over there as well --- we do have a pen pal forum here where you can post an ad for your loved one...please see HERE.. If you scroll down that page you will see a forum for the UK there as well. Alternatively, if you'd wish our members to send some cheer to your brother with cards, please check our forum Elsa's Inmate Card Projects HERE.

Outside of this community you can also find many websites that post ads for inmates, some with a fee. Good luck and welcome again - we are here for you!

The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
maytayah (01-22-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 06:13 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,496 Times in 12,954 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Sentencing day, and everything else that happens early on, is the hardest time for him, and for his loved ones too. He will get used to prison rules and conditions quickly. He will find a group of inmates to associate with, so things will (should) improve quickly for him.

Is 40 months really 40 months to serve, or is he eligible to be released earlier?
Old 01-21-2017, 08:11 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 11,251 Times in 4,675 Posts

Hi how are you? I am sorry to hear of your situation I can imagine its very hard for you. Sarianna has told where to post for a penpal for your brother.
Also as sarianna says definately consider posting for him to recieve some mail in Elsa card project here, http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=219 it may cheer him up.

Also if he is in cat c and he has a 40 month sentence he will serve 20 with good behaviour and he may be eligible for earlier release on electronic tag monitoriung.That will be explained to him as he progresses through the system.

He may also be eligible for cat D fairly quickly and open prisons are not punitive places they are about reintegration and building up responsibilty and trust and learning new skills. He will also be able to apply for home day release and weekend release. In all probability he will serve less than 2 years will the remainder on home supervision.
Things will get better for you all. If you need any support just ask.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.

Last edited by maytayah; 01-22-2017 at 06:49 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-21-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 04:17 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,687 Times in 1,394 Posts

Welcome to our forums. Am sorry for the circumstances which led you here, but glad you are.

"
There is no question that in virtually all circumstances in which people are doing things in order to get rewards, extrinsic tangible rewards undermine intrinsic motivation." the New Scientist (12th April 2011, pp 40-43)

" Every life you touch, every fear or pain you ease, every loved ones' heart that you ease the burden from is the reason you are here."
The Following User Says Thank You to jadah For This Useful Post:
maytayah (01-21-2017)