Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #226  
Old 11-17-2016, 08:37 PM
mariaacharles mariaacharles is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 819
Thanks: 22
Thanked 155 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
The new prison will decide if he will live in their SHU, or be assigned to general population. Since his move is because of "trouble" at his current prison, he may go from SHU to SHU.

Either way, he will receive your mail. Once he shows up at a new location on the bop inmate locator, write to him there.
Oh ok. What do they do if they decide to move him to general population?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #227  
Old 11-18-2016, 07:15 AM
fbopnomore fbopnomore is offline
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 29,329
Thanks: 46,509
Thanked 22,477 Times in 12,944 Posts
Default

He will be assigned a bed in whichever housing unit the new prison decides on. His SHU punishment from his current prison may, or may not carry over to his new one. Don't be surprised if he is put in the SHU again.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 11-19-2016, 07:43 PM
mariaacharles mariaacharles is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 819
Thanks: 22
Thanked 155 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
He will be assigned a bed in whichever housing unit the new prison decides on. His SHU punishment from his current prison may, or may not carry over to his new one. Don't be surprised if he is put in the SHU again.
Oh ok. So, if he does get put in the SHU in the new prison, how long does he have to be in there before he gets moved to general population?
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 11-20-2016, 06:29 AM
fbopnomore fbopnomore is offline
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 29,329
Thanks: 46,509
Thanked 22,477 Times in 12,944 Posts
Default

If he is serving the punishment from his old prison, that should determine when he is released from the SHU. If not (and possibly even if that's why he would go from SHU to SHU) it will depend on when the custody staff at the new prison decides to release him. He should be able to learn the details from them.

If he is sent to general population, then his old trouble will be finished, unless and until he gets in trouble again. Conduct violations are usually cumulative, the more there are, the harsher the punishments.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 11-22-2016, 06:43 PM
mariaacharles mariaacharles is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 819
Thanks: 22
Thanked 155 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Just to let you all know that visiting at USP Canaan has been suspended until further notice due to security concerns. Does this affect the telephone, email and mail as well? I just ordered my LO 5 books today to be sent to him since he's still in the SHU and his letter should get there on Friday.
Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old 11-22-2016, 07:02 PM
fbopnomore fbopnomore is offline
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 29,329
Thanks: 46,509
Thanked 22,477 Times in 12,944 Posts
Default

In the SHU, he only receives one short phone call each month, and no email at all. The mail (including books) still runs at SHU speed, which is often slower than mail delivery to general population housing units.

During prison lockdowns, even prisoners in regular housing often lose their access to phones, email & visits too.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 11-22-2016, 08:41 PM
Jenn717 Jenn717 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: PA, US
Posts: 110
Thanks: 52
Thanked 39 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaacharles View Post
Just to let you all know that visiting at USP Canaan has been suspended until further notice due to security concerns. Does this affect the telephone, email and mail as well? I just ordered my LO 5 books today to be sent to him since he's still in the SHU and his letter should get there on Friday.
Yes and he probably wont get all 5 books. My LO was only allowed 2 at time when he was in the shu.
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 11-22-2016, 08:55 PM
mariaacharles mariaacharles is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 819
Thanks: 22
Thanked 155 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn717 View Post
Yes and he probably wont get all 5 books. My LO was only allowed 2 at time when he was in the shu.
I didn't know that. When I called a few days ago asking them about the books, the person on the phone told me that they can have 5 books at a time
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 11-23-2016, 06:28 AM
fbopnomore fbopnomore is offline
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 29,329
Thanks: 46,509
Thanked 22,477 Times in 12,944 Posts
Default

Property limits, and how they are enforced, is often specific to that prison, so I hope the person who told you 5 books is the limit at the Canaan SHU knew what they were talking about.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 11-23-2016, 01:24 PM
mariaacharles mariaacharles is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 819
Thanks: 22
Thanked 155 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Property limits, and how they are enforced, is often specific to that prison, so I hope the person who told you 5 books is the limit at the Canaan SHU knew what they were talking about.
I hope so too. I tried to call the prison to make sure that 5 is the limit amount but they didn't answer so I'm trying to see when would be the best time to call
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 11-24-2016, 12:42 AM
mariaacharles mariaacharles is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 819
Thanks: 22
Thanked 155 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Does anybody know when is the best day and time to call the prison normally? I called yesterday to try to verify something and nobody didn't pick up the phone. I'm assuming they didn't pick up due to the holidays.
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 11-24-2016, 07:57 PM
Jenn717 Jenn717 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: PA, US
Posts: 110
Thanks: 52
Thanked 39 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaacharles View Post
Does anybody know when is the best day and time to call the prison normally? I called yesterday to try to verify something and nobody didn't pick up the phone. I'm assuming they didn't pick up due to the holidays.
If I have to I usually do around 3 or so. Never really had an issue.
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 11-24-2016, 08:24 PM
mariaacharles mariaacharles is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 819
Thanks: 22
Thanked 155 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn717 View Post
If I have to I usually do around 3 or so. Never really had an issue.
Okay. Thank you. Have you found out why all visits are cancelled?
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 11-28-2016, 01:41 AM
boobear79 boobear79 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Any updates? I know they are still on LD but wondering what's going on. The website says visit cancelled to further notice.
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 11-28-2016, 06:30 AM
lolo21216 lolo21216 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,215
Thanks: 904
Thanked 829 Times in 416 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobear79 View Post
Any updates? I know they are still on LD but wondering what's going on. The website says visit cancelled to further notice.
I got a letter in the mail on Friday from my LO that he wrote on Tuesday just saying they were on LD but no details as to why. Hopefully they get off LD this week....like today would be nice lol
Reply With Quote
  #241  
Old 11-28-2016, 07:01 AM
mariaacharles mariaacharles is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 819
Thanks: 22
Thanked 155 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo21216 View Post
I got a letter in the mail on Friday from my LO that he wrote on Tuesday just saying they were on LD but no details as to why. Hopefully they get off LD this week....like today would be nice lol
Lol and I know right. My LO is still in the SHU until they send him over to another institution somewhere. I really hope I get another letter from him soon
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mariaacharles For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-28-2016)
  #242  
Old 11-28-2016, 08:01 AM
lolo21216 lolo21216 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,215
Thanks: 904
Thanked 829 Times in 416 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaacharles View Post
Lol and I know right. My LO is still in the SHU until they send him over to another institution somewhere. I really hope I get another letter from him soon
Just got a phone call, they are off LD
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lolo21216 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-28-2016)
  #243  
Old 11-28-2016, 08:22 AM
mariaacharles mariaacharles is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 819
Thanks: 22
Thanked 155 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo21216 View Post
Just got a phone call, they are off LD
Thank you for telling me I know everyone was worried sick about our LO
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 11-28-2016, 12:16 PM
boobear79 boobear79 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

No emails this morning I'm sure the lines to use the computers are hell long
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 11-28-2016, 01:30 PM
mariaacharles mariaacharles is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 819
Thanks: 22
Thanked 155 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobear79 View Post
No emails this morning I'm sure the lines to use the computers are hell long
They are probably long but you will hear from yours soon
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 12-15-2016, 07:20 PM
mariaacharles mariaacharles is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 819
Thanks: 22
Thanked 155 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Has anybody heard from their LO today? The last time my LO called me was at 7:23 this morning and the last email that I got was at 11:20 this morning from someone that knows him and I didn't get anything after 11:20 which I thought was kind of strange.
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 12-16-2016, 08:22 AM
lolo21216 lolo21216 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,215
Thanks: 904
Thanked 829 Times in 416 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaacharles View Post
Has anybody heard from their LO today? The last time my LO called me was at 7:23 this morning and the last email that I got was at 11:20 this morning from someone that knows him and I didn't get anything after 11:20 which I thought was kind of strange.
I hope you hear something today!
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 12-16-2016, 10:11 AM
mariaacharles mariaacharles is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 819
Thanks: 22
Thanked 155 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo21216 View Post
I hope you hear something today!
Thank you and so far, I haven't heard anything from him or the inmate that knows him
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 12-21-2016, 04:07 PM
mariaacharles mariaacharles is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 819
Thanks: 22
Thanked 155 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Has anybody heard from their LO so far today? The last email I got from him was Saturday and the last phone call that I got from him was Saturday as well. My 24th birthday was yesterday and I was hoping that he would call or email me and wish me a happy birthday but he didn't. I know he wouldn't forget but stuff happens there and I understand.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mariaacharles For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-21-2016)
  #250  
Old 12-21-2016, 07:00 PM
lolo21216 lolo21216 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,215
Thanks: 904
Thanked 829 Times in 416 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaacharles View Post
Has anybody heard from their LO so far today? The last email I got from him was Saturday and the last phone call that I got from him was Saturday as well. My 24th birthday was yesterday and I was hoping that he would call or email me and wish me a happy birthday but he didn't. I know he wouldn't forget but stuff happens there and I understand.
Happy Belated Birthday!!

I haven't heard anything in over a week now but that's because my guy is in the SHU. =/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
United States Penitentiary - Big Sandy fudgiesgirl Other Federal Prisons 3478 Today 08:58 AM
United States Penitentiary - Victorville scarletrose USP Victorville 2017 07-27-2019 08:15 PM
United States Penitentiary - Lompoc TragicsLady Other Federal Prisons 160 04-29-2019 01:49 PM
How many have ties to a United States Penitentiary? kintml2u Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 164 04-26-2019 09:39 PM
United States Penitentiary Lewisburg janicel Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information 8 07-28-2009 03:34 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:43 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics