Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:41 PM

How was your visit? I am interested in knowing the process once you get there. I will be hopefully going to Pollock sometime this month

Quote:
Originally Posted by FridyrrLikn View Post
There was just a 2-1 fight at the USP in A unit, I was on the phone with my hubby when it happened. They broke it up quickly but at least that unit is on lockdown. Probably not for long though. Just letting everyone know.

I'll be there in 3 days for a long planned visit...I hope people can keep their hands to themselves long enough for me to see my husband for our anniversary!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2013, 09:07 AM

Thanked 3,990 Times in 1,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbabe View Post
How was your visit? I am interested in knowing the process once you get there. I will be hopefully going to Pollock sometime this month
The visits were great, I had no problems getting in, or with the ion scan. A little slow processing some days but I was there before 8 every day and got in before count. If you aren't there with the first group you will NOT make it in time. It is FREEZING inside the prison so dress accordingly but you can't wear sweatshirts or jackets
Old 09-06-2013, 09:08 AM

Has anyone heard from their LO at USP Pollock today? I haven't heard from my hubby which is very strange. We are waiting on a transfer so I'm just trying to see. I know they are about due for a lockdown as well, been trying to prepare the best we can

Thank you in advance!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FridyrrLikn View Post
Has anyone heard from their LO at USP Pollock today? I haven't heard from my hubby which is very strange. We are waiting on a transfer so I'm just trying to see. I know they are about due for a lockdown as well, been trying to prepare the best we can

Thank you in advance!
False alarm, hubby is just sick and sleeping
Old 09-06-2013, 10:30 AM

I got an email from my son this morning about 8:00 but haven't heard from him since. He said something about hearing it was time too. He has only been there a out a month so we are still trying to get use to everything.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
I got an email from my son this morning about 8:00 but haven't heard from him since. He said something about hearing it was time too. He has only been there a out a month so we are still trying to get use to everything.
It's a shitty place to be for sure but our guys seem to manage. I just got this email: "something happened on the yard...if you don't hear from me we got locked down. hopefully it wasn't too crazy and won't be locked down. this is a just in case email! "
Old 09-06-2013, 01:54 PM

Grrrrr...."another fight on the yard. they didn't lock us down on the first one, so we'll see about this one. hopefully not! but if you don't hear from me, this is why!"
Old 09-07-2013, 09:13 AM

Just wondering... Anyone heard from USP today?

Old 09-07-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageGirl View Post
Just wondering... Anyone heard from USP today?
Yep, I've had like 7 emails, the last one was written at 8:40 Louisiana time. Hope you hear from your LO soon!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fridyrr.Likn For This Useful Post:
VintageGirl (09-07-2013)
Old 09-07-2013, 10:22 AM

Thanks. I just heard from him.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:32 PM

FCI is on Lockdown. Not sure of exact details. Just know there was a fight. Hopefully its not a long one.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:11 AM

Default Lockdown

My fiancé emailed me last yesterday at 830pm from Pollock. He said there was an incident, and to call tomorrow and see if there was a lock down ...Hate Lockdowns
Old 09-10-2013, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntbk4 View Post
FCI is on Lockdown. Not sure of exact details. Just know there was a fight. Hopefully its not a long one.

I pray it doesn't affect visits this week...!!
Old 09-10-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCRS View Post
I pray it doesn't affect visits this week...!!
Well i got a couple emails today. Apparently they were let out this morning but then there was another fight. The have a new captain though and I guess he doesn't like lockdowns. Hopefully they'll stay out.

Old 09-13-2013, 03:59 PM

My brother just got sent to FCI Pollock this past week. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Or need to know? I received a letter from him stating that he is only allowed one phone call a month, is that normal or is phone calls something earned?
Old 09-14-2013, 06:26 AM

My son is in Pollock and he calls almost every night. He should get 300 minutes a month and he can get email services. We are fairly new to the Federal system. My son has been in Pollock for a month. I talked to him last night and he said things were getting pretty tense and don't be surprised if I don't hear from him. I am hoping things have calmed down since last night but I haven't heard yet. I will keep everyone posted as soon as I get information. from our understanding lock down happens often in Pollock..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyPeanut View Post
My brother just got sent to FCI Pollock this past week. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Or need to know? I received a letter from him stating that he is only allowed one phone call a month, is that normal or is phone calls something earned?
Old 09-14-2013, 12:01 PM

anyone know if the usp cellblock c is on lock down?? haven't heard from my baby and I usually get a phone call or an email by at least noon..
Old 09-15-2013, 07:47 PM

I haven't heard anything from my friend since Friday but then again we don't email or speak everyday. But he usually call me Monday or Tuesday night, so if I don't hear from him, probably something is up. Will post here if I hear anything. Hopefully some other ladies here might know something.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Not sure if this might help, but here are some info on FCI: http://www.bop.gov/locations/institu...aohandbook.pdf

Old 09-21-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Is he in solitary for some reason? They do only get 1 call a month. General population gets 300 minutes a month and 400 in November and December. He does have to get your # approved but that usually takes less than a couple hours. Overall FCI is pretty ok compared to other locations I have heard about. Been there a year and only had a handful of lockdowns and only 1 of those was for a whole week.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:43 AM

Has anyone visited FCI Pollock Med? I'm going to be visiting in October and this will be my first time visiting any prison and not sure what to expect, how early can I get there, what can I take in with me (keys, money), I've heard some people say don't wear lotion, perfume, jewelry, if anybody can help me that would be great.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:13 PM

Anyone know anything about unit B or C in USP Pollock being locked down Sunday night thru yesterday afternoon? I haven't gotten a call or email since early yesterday afternoon either. I haven't seen any posts about it, but that's what my man told me so figured I'd ask before calling him out on it? I'm pretty sure he's in B, but not positive. He also said something about a phone system upgrade over the weekend??
Old 10-02-2013, 02:58 PM

My so is in unit B and I talked to him today and yesterday. I know the phones and emails haven't been working for the past few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinhim143 View Post
Anyone know anything about unit B or C in USP Pollock being locked down Sunday night thru yesterday afternoon? I haven't gotten a call or email since early yesterday afternoon either. I haven't seen any posts about it, but that's what my man told me so figured I'd ask before calling him out on it? I'm pretty sure he's in B, but not positive. He also said something about a phone system upgrade over the weekend??
The Following User Says Thank You to cbabe For This Useful Post:
missinhim143 (10-02-2013)
Old 10-02-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
My so is in unit B and I talked to him today and yesterday. I know the phones and emails haven't been working for the past few days.
Thank you!
Old 10-04-2013, 09:47 AM

Anyone with loved ones at USP POLLOCK hear from A UNIT today? I'm trying not to freak out...I know the other units are open, just need to hear about my husband's. Thanks!