Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: WOULD YOU STAY IF HE PICK UP A LIFE SENTENCE WHILE HES ALREADY INSIDE?
YES, I WOULD STAY NO QUESTIONS ASKED 30 27.27%
NO, I WOULD LEAVE 39 35.45%
I DONT KNOW IT DEPENDS 31 28.18%
OTHER 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakeisha99 View Post
Not at all. This is a one shot deal for me. My love was 19 when he committed his crime and because he has shown growth and remorse I stayed by his side. I also expect him to do whatever is necessary to stay out of trouble and he has. If a riot was to break out, he better hide his a** under a bed or something. Swallow your pride babe, and stay out of it. Forming cliques or gangs or whatever tends to get people in trouble, which is why he keeps his circle small. I've been doing this since I was 18, and I'm 31 now. I have it in me, but if you can't get your stuff together and keep it together, you don't deserve me.
LOL I loved this post!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heluvedme1st View Post
I was watching locked up lol and there was this couple that was on there. The guy was doing a bid for 5-10 years and other who was doing 20 years at 65%. While he was in prison there was a racial riot and he did not have a choice but to be involved or have problems with the group of guys. During the riot a man was beating to death. One dude was already serving 170 years, 1 had two life sentences, and one had 39 years to life, then there was the one who was doing 20 years at 65% and the last one who was doing 5-10. There wasnt much they could do to the ones who had life or long sentences but the other two guys were giving life sentences. Smh i believe they both were married. Would you stay? I know for me one thing that keep me holding on is i know that october 2015 they have to let my husband go. Im not sure if i could stay ive already waited a big piece of my life.
Truthfully probably not. I can barely stand the thought of my man doing 6 years but life? I'm 23, I want to do things in my life, I have goals and dreams...and waiting for life is just to time consuming and challenging for me. I want a future with him and that'd be so difficult with him being down for life.
The Following User Says Thank You to DollFaceXo For This Useful Post:
Heluvedme1st (06-21-2013)
Old 06-20-2013, 11:30 PM

I had this conversation with my husband already because he is a two striker. He already knows if he ever gets a third strike and/or is sentenced to life I'm out! Ain't nobody got time for that! I'm gonna be to damn old to be dealing with that crap and if he can't get it together after all this then I can't continue to hold on. Yeah I love him, I will always love him but I need to love myself too...

The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs. Happy For This Useful Post:
Heluvedme1st (06-21-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 01:26 AM

I would kill him if he managed to do something like that so it doesn't matter
Old 06-21-2013, 07:57 AM

This is a hard call. Personally I dont think I could do it. But then I look at some of your signatures, and I think man 10 more years, I dont think I could do that either! I think we're alot stronger than we give ourselves credit for. And like someone else said, we really dont know what we would do unless we were put in that situation. As far as getting into trouble while on the inside...that's a tough call too. Because they can't back down. If they back down to certain people, their lives could be made more of a hell than it already is.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Always and Forever His

Honestly, No one on here knows your relationship with your significant other, If he picked up a life sentence, I don't know what I would do because Im not in that situation. But I love him with all of my heart, and if I chose to leave it wouldn't be because I don't love him, it would be because I love me. I'm twenty-four years old...and any amount of time we put ourselves on hold for these guys is a lot. It's a real risk because we can't honestly say they're going to come home and do right, or that they're going to be with us when they come home. Would they be waiting if the shoe was on the other foot? We could say they would, but we really seriously do not know until that happens. If I went into a coma for two years...Is he gonna wait? (I dont see myself ever going to prison*knock on wood*) The chances we take are based upon our life experiences and our morals. If I left him, as I said, it wouldn't be because I dont love him, it'd be because I love me, and I'm not sure I would be able to give up on kids...and besides, as sad as it is, he already told me that if he ever were given life (he's on a five year stint) he would committ suicide. So I'm not too sure I would have a choice on whether I would wait or not.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mattys_Secret For This Useful Post:
asjones (07-05-2013), Heluvedme1st (06-25-2013)
Old 08-03-2013, 08:51 PM
♥Mike&Dawn♥

I would be gone.. He knows what he has to do. The bad boy life is behind him...

The best way to judge a society is by the way it cares for its prisoners.~Winston Churchill
Old 08-03-2013, 08:58 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,090 Times in 568 Posts

I would have to give it alot of thought. I took my wedding vows very seriously and marriage is suppose to be forever in sickness and health and you have to take the good with the bad. He stood by me in my sickness and trust me that was alot more than anyone should have to do, so I guess I could stand by him. It would be difficult as I didn't sign up for a life sentence in prison. Hopefully he will never put me in that position.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Old 05-18-2019, 09:28 PM
Strength Keeps Me Going

Honestly, he wouldn't want a relationship if he was hit with a life sentence. He would feel like that would make him selfish to keep me away from experiencing being a wife and being a mother. Which I understand because these are things I've always wanted to experience/have. I just couldn't sacrifice that at all if he gotten life. But that doesn't mean I'll abandon him and I would want to still be apart of his life. Even if it's just being friends and having a positive but genuine friendship. I know he would understand and would want the same in return if this was ever the case.

To the women and men that's able to stick by their love ones that's a lifer. My hat goes off to them on a daily!! Because it takes a lot to do that and I don't judge them for it. If this what you truly want to do, I don't knock anyone for deciding to stick/stand by their love ones.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:30 AM
Married May 27, 2017!

Mine already has a life sentence. And yes, I married him knowing that.

I would feel disappointed depending on what gave him another life sentence. But the whole idea of a second life sentence is stupid. Isn't life, life?

I would probably stay though to be honest- if he ever killed anyone on the inside it would be purely out of self defense, though in all honesty at 125 pounds soaking wet he's most likely to be the one killed.