Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: What does he do
Draws artwork 23 31.08%
A love song 2 2.70%
Poem 8 10.81%
Love letter 41 55.41%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2013, 10:00 AM

Smile What does he do to cheer you up?

I know we always talk about what we do for our man to cheer them or just to be romantic, so my question is what does he do to cheer you up or to be romantic. For me my boyfriend writes me poems or create love stories about us I just be amazed at how talented he is at writing them. So ladies what does he do?
Old 03-07-2013, 10:16 AM
JuliusGirl

I always get love letters, but he always manages to slip in some artwork along with cards and even love stories! It's amazing the things that he comes up with, he likes to surprise me a lot... Think I'm spoiled rotten now

I'm his FOREVER & He's my FOREVER.... There's not a thing you can do about it
The Following User Says Thank You to JuliusGirl For This Useful Post:
AfricanQueen26 (03-07-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliusGirl View Post
I always get love letters, but he always manages to slip in some artwork along with cards and even love stories! It's amazing the things that he comes up with, he likes to surprise me a lot... Think I'm spoiled rotten now
Yes I be smiling from ear to ear I just love them so much. Its always the simplest things that mean so much
JuliusGirl (03-07-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Crazy about him

For me is more of a what DOESN'T he do for me, ya know. I've gotten flowers at work for no reason other than just to say he loves me.... poems, cards, drawings, hankies, picture frames with a meaningful picture in it, teddy bears... For special occasions, forget it, that's when he really goes all out! I just feel bad for his family that has to go crazy finding everything he requests and mailing it to me lol lol - He goes all out

Engaged to the most amazing man in the planet 11/20/10!

Married 5/30/2011
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to O's Sweetheart For This Useful Post:
AfricanQueen26 (03-07-2013), Mrs.Haml1n (03-08-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 11:03 AM

Thanked 1,466 Times in 822 Posts

My poor guy can't draw or write poems or sing to me, etc. Nor does he like to "say nice words" since its not how he was raised and he's just too damn manly sometimes! haha! But he has written me some amazing letters which I read often. They are few and far between but when he writes I know it's from his heart...and I know he will never repeat those same words again. I wish he could, but it's just the way he is. What HIS way of showing his love for me is that he always wants to be around me (calls, visits) and he's always concerned about my health and well being. When he calls he almost never talks about what is going on with him...it's all about me (as Justin Bieber would say...hahaha!! j/k) I have to PRY to get him to talk about anything else other than me. He wants to solve every problem I have and he pushes me to do my best. He comes up with sweet or funny nicknames for me and when he knows I'm having a hard day he puts aside EVERYTHING to do whatever he can in his power to put a smile on my face...and somehow he just knows how to do it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NeverDull For This Useful Post:
AfricanQueen26 (03-07-2013), Jinty62 (03-08-2013), Mrs.Haml1n (03-08-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Default Love letters!

Eric writes the most amazing long love letters!!! I can get lost in them!

He also loves a good naughty letter every now and then!

The best way he cheers me up is calling me angel or baby doll.

But when things are at its worst, he tells me he is "bubbling over"... this is our highest state of "in-love" where you are just bubbling over with so much love you can't contain it any longer!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Donation Award 

All of D's letters are love letters. We don't write that much anymore because we talk on the phone and visit in nearly all of my spare time - there isn't a whole lot more to write about after all of that.

He also draws on my cards (he said he is working on my Future-Mother Mother's Day card ) He drew Simba and Nala for my Valentine's day one. (I love the Lion King).

Right now he is working on writing me a country love song. (:
He sang me a few lines of it the other day and it was actually pretty good!

Oh I love him.
Hold on say yes, while people say no
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kocha79 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kocha79 View Post
All of D's letters are love letters. We don't write that much anymore because we talk on the phone and visit in nearly all of my spare time - there isn't a whole lot more to write about after all of that.

He also draws on my cards (he said he is working on my Future-Mother Mother's Day card ) He drew Simba and Nala for my Valentine's day one. (I love the Lion King).

Right now he is working on writing me a country love song. (:
He sang me a few lines of it the other day and it was actually pretty good!

Oh I love him.
Eric pays other men to draw my cards- he is not artistic -- but I treasure them all!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanQueen26 View Post
I know we always talk about what we do for our man to cheer them or just to be romantic, so my question is what does he do to cheer you up or to be romantic. For me my boyfriend writes me poems or create love stories about us I just be amazed at how talented he is at writing them. So ladies what does he do?
My King sends love letters, poems, cards that says just the right words, he made me a beautiful scarf with my name on it, and he always seems to call right when I am feeling lonely and want affection! My King is so sweet and so thoughtful and 99% of the time he keeps a constant smile on my face. The other 1% just comes with being with a man inside the walls and that's something that I can deal with.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,103 Times in 1,724 Posts

My babe sends me gifts one of those gifts was a beautiful clock with our names on it, he sends me handkerchiefs, drawings, poems, naughty letters, he sends me jewelery, but when I am really down he calls me and just lets me know he is there.

To the world you might just be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Klewis For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 01:23 PM
He's my heart

He does his sweet letters and amazing artwork. When he was allowed to he would draw on the envelopes and I fell in love with them. He will call me his Reyna or another pet name that in itself melts my heart.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricsMrs View Post
Eric pays other men to draw my cards- he is not artistic -- but I treasure them all!

Lol my bf too he made me a love letter for our anniversary and it had a beautiful drawing of flowers I thought he draw it but he told me no he pay for someone to draw it for him.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:48 PM

Thanked 1,466 Times in 822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanQueen26

Lol my bf too he made me a love letter for our anniversary and it had a beautiful drawing of flowers I thought he draw it but he told me no he pay for someone to draw it for him.
I'll never forget the first time I got a letter with a drawing on it. He used to tell me all the time that he would send me flowers every day if he could. And his Christmas letter to me had roses all over the envelope and each page of his letter. He didn't say it out loud (again, not his style!) but I knew it was his way of sending me flowers. So sweet. And at one point he asked me to send him pictures of when I was growing up. There were a few of me at DisneyWorld when I was little that I sent him and after that he would have guys draw pictures of Mickey courting Minnie Mouse. It was cute. It's little things like how they remember what you like or something from your past that makes all the difference. It shows they listen to you and are genuinely interested in your life...how can you not love a man like that?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NeverDull For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 01:48 PM
I Love You Teddy Bear❤💖💞💘

Quote:
My baby writes beautiful poems and long love letters . Ironically they always come when I need them the most.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDull View Post
I'll never forget the first time I got a letter with a drawing on it. He used to tell me all the time that he would send me flowers every day if he could. And his Christmas letter to me had roses all over the envelope and each page of his letter. He didn't say it out loud (again, not his style!) but I knew it was his way of sending me flowers. So sweet. And at one point he asked me to send him pictures of when I was growing up. There were a few of me at DisneyWorld when I was little that I sent him and after that he would have guys draw pictures of Mickey courting Minnie Mouse. It was cute. It's little things like how they remember what you like or something from your past that makes all the difference. It shows they listen to you and are genuinely interested in your life...how can you not love a man like that?
Awwwwwwww thats so cute
Old 03-07-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roluvsreik3 View Post
My baby writes beautiful poems and long love letters . Ironically they always come when I need them the most.
I swear thats so true they just know when we need that
Mrs.Haml1n (03-08-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:

My husband is in the process of sending me a portrait he told me and that I will love it. He usually sends hankies and cards. So thoughtful I love him!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to 4_U_2_Envie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 03:56 PM

Default All of the above

my husband doea all of the above and more...always finds a way to make me feel special even across the miles <3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Traviesos_Queen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2013, 02:08 AM
BB ♥'s BB

My husband never misses an opportunity to write or tell me how much he loves me and how special I am to him. That cheers me up just reading his letters. He is a wonderful artist and sends me drawings often and he gets really cool cards from the Chaplain to send to me. I wasn't feeling well once and I got a "Get Well Soon" card in the mail. It was really sweet and I know he gives his listening ear and encouraging words to cheer me up also!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sad_Eyes For This Useful Post:
AfricanQueen26 (03-08-2013), Mrs.Haml1n (03-08-2013)
Old 03-08-2013, 02:20 AM
Life,love,stress&setbacks

An early morning call from him as I'm getting ready for work, can put a smile on my face even on the roughest day.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VinnysGirl For This Useful Post:
AfricanQueen26 (03-08-2013), Joeysgirl74 (03-08-2013), Mrs.Haml1n (03-08-2013)
Old 03-08-2013, 02:37 AM

Funny that i stumbled onto ur question of the day..which is right up my block. lol The minute he gets a chance to call me.. in between the convos he might sing me a few lyrics to our song such as Avant "Dont take ur love away" or Kci & Jojo All my life. He will always find a way even on my worst days to bring a giggle or laugh out of me and reassure me that all will C aight.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 300prcnt For This Useful Post:
AfricanQueen26 (03-08-2013), Mrs.Haml1n (03-08-2013), valentine7 (03-08-2013)
Old 03-08-2013, 10:40 AM

He is an amazing writer and writes me beautiful letters and poems. He is not much of an artist but he has been watching others and having them teach him. This morning he called me just to hear my voice and it immediatley made me smile since it was early and I was on my way to work. He always knows just what I need!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joeysgirl74 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2013, 11:07 AM

I get a letter weekly and in his letter he sent me a drawing of me, it makes me so happy he takes the time to do that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jojolovesu8 For This Useful Post:
AfricanQueen26 (03-08-2013)
Old 03-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Starry Eyed

Staff Superstar Winner 

Thanked 4,033 Times in 1,887 Posts

He sends me gifts. He comes up with some cool stuff... A bouquet of scented paper roses, leather wallets, belt buckles, and drink coozies, a spiked leather collar for my dog even. Candles, vases, wooden key chains, boards, canvas paintings, cards, panos, any kind of art you could imagine he's made for me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeAmbition For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2013, 10:56 PM

Every letter he writes to me is a love letter! So he sends poems and drawings on special occasions!
AfricanQueen26 (03-09-2013)