Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California Topics & Discussions specific to Wasco State Prison located in Wasco, California.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 10-11-2013, 04:42 PM
mommieof5's Avatar
mommieof5 mommieof5 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hemet Ca
Posts: 73
Thanks: 19
Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju's wife View Post
Well I foundout he got transferred already.....to soledad which he wasn't suppose. I'm so devasted because that is like 5 plus hours away from us. But I am already approved so that's good to hear now to find a carpool buddy!
A "V" that sounds like a old #? Maybe he is a level 4 or has a short amount of time they won't transfer him? I had a frend who her husband was in RC his whole 10months because he was a level 4 and needed to be in a 180 yard.

Good luck to those still waiting.......
Congrats on him getting moved wish you guys the best of luck and great visits
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mommieof5 For This Useful Post:
ju's wife (10-12-2013)
Sponsored Links
  #102  
Old 10-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Staystrong Staystrong is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California
Posts: 72
Thanks: 64
Thanked 42 Times in 29 Posts
Default

I'm so thankful for this forum. My boyfriend was recently transfer to Wasco reception. I know that he is allow to receive letters but how about book? and do any of you know how many stamped envelopes I could send? I already sent 10 envelopes but I read that they are allow to receive 40, is this true? Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 10-13-2013, 06:34 PM
mommieof5's Avatar
mommieof5 mommieof5 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hemet Ca
Posts: 73
Thanks: 19
Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts
Default

welcome...im not sure about books but i have sent 100 pieces of paper, 40 envelopes and a book of stamps and he gets it all....
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mommieof5 For This Useful Post:
Staystrong (10-14-2013)
  #104  
Old 10-13-2013, 11:39 PM
ju's wife's Avatar
ju's wife ju's wife is offline
Miss my KiNg
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: So CaLi~~I.E.
Posts: 2,495
Thanks: 808
Thanked 776 Times in 636 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inti View Post
I'm so thankful for this forum. My boyfriend was recently transfer to Wasco reception. I know that he is allow to receive letters but how about book? and do any of you know how many stamped envelopes I could send? I already sent 10 envelopes but I read that they are allow to receive 40, is this true? Thank you!
He can have books and magazines. You can have them shipped from Barnes and Noble for free!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ju's wife For This Useful Post:
noboundries (07-25-2014), Staystrong (10-14-2013)
  #105  
Old 10-14-2013, 12:33 PM
krc1abc1 krc1abc1 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: California USA
Posts: 1,220
Thanks: 175
Thanked 1,840 Times in 691 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju's wife View Post
He can have books and magazines. You can have them shipped from Barnes and Noble for free!
40 stamps is true
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to krc1abc1 For This Useful Post:
Staystrong (10-15-2013)
  #106  
Old 10-14-2013, 02:43 PM
TangledHeart TangledHeart is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 66
Thanks: 179
Thanked 88 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inti View Post
I'm so thankful for this forum. My boyfriend was recently transfer to Wasco reception. I know that he is allow to receive letters but how about book? and do any of you know how many stamped envelopes I could send? I already sent 10 envelopes but I read that they are allow to receive 40, is this true? Thank you!
What I did and you may think about doing,(my guys is in Wasco RC as well)I sent two separate envelopes.(Large White, 99 cent store(Manilla are not allowed, I think because of the clasp)) In each envelope I put stamps, I did 10 a sheet, with 10 envelopes and 80 sheet notebook.(cardboard back removed)
I send extra in case he needs things between canteen trips. He said it has helped a lot... One more suggestion, buy the stamps and mail the envelope(mine was $3 and change each. I live about 2 1/2 hours from there.) either at the counter or in the machine where you have a receipt, so if they dont show up, you have proof you bought and sent them. Pease
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TangledHeart For This Useful Post:
Staystrong (10-15-2013)
  #107  
Old 10-14-2013, 11:36 PM
ju's wife's Avatar
ju's wife ju's wife is offline
Miss my KiNg
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: So CaLi~~I.E.
Posts: 2,495
Thanks: 808
Thanked 776 Times in 636 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangledHeart View Post
What I did and you may think about doing,(my guys is in Wasco RC as well)I sent two separate envelopes.(Large White, 99 cent store(Manilla are not allowed, I think because of the clasp)) In each envelope I put stamps, I did 10 a sheet, with 10 envelopes and 80 sheet notebook.(cardboard back removed)
I send extra in case he needs things between canteen trips. He said it has helped a lot... One more suggestion, buy the stamps and mail the envelope(mine was $3 and change each. I live about 2 1/2 hours from there.) either at the counter or in the machine where you have a receipt, so if they dont show up, you have proof you bought and sent them. Pease
Manilla are allowed just remove the clasp, I been doing that for years. Sometimes in each letter I'll send extra papers that way it will cut my cost down when just sending envelopes. Also if your man has NO money on his books, he can get 5 FREE state issued envelopes with postage.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ju's wife For This Useful Post:
noboundries (07-25-2014), Staystrong (10-15-2013), TangledHeart (10-18-2013)
  #108  
Old 10-15-2013, 01:21 PM
Staystrong Staystrong is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California
Posts: 72
Thanks: 64
Thanked 42 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Thank you so much! for all the information. Ladies you are all a blessing. :-)
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Staystrong For This Useful Post:
ju's wife (10-15-2013), mommieof5 (10-15-2013)
  #109  
Old 10-16-2013, 09:00 AM
loczrwc's Avatar
loczrwc loczrwc is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bay area Ca
Posts: 281
Thanks: 77
Thanked 52 Times in 39 Posts
Default

I think u need to be approved for each facility?
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 10-16-2013, 11:30 AM
ju's wife's Avatar
ju's wife ju's wife is offline
Miss my KiNg
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: So CaLi~~I.E.
Posts: 2,495
Thanks: 808
Thanked 776 Times in 636 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loczrwc View Post
I think u need to be approved for each facility?
The visitor app should follow you. I applied to Wasco when hubby was a RC in August, he just mainlined to Soledad and they said I was approved already and I never sent a visitor to Soledad. I know you have to renew if few years to keep things current.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 10-18-2013, 09:59 PM
TangledHeart TangledHeart is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 66
Thanks: 179
Thanked 88 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju's wife View Post
The visitor app should follow you. I applied to Wasco when hubby was a RC in August, he just mainlined to Soledad and they said I was approved already and I never sent a visitor to Soledad. I know you have to renew if few years to keep things current.
Yep that is true! It's only one time per ride, you have to do the visitor waiting game. Thank goodness for something making life in the big house a little easier! LOL Peace
Hey M, when are you up for your first visit? Soon I hope!
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 10-18-2013, 11:03 PM
ju's wife's Avatar
ju's wife ju's wife is offline
Miss my KiNg
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: So CaLi~~I.E.
Posts: 2,495
Thanks: 808
Thanked 776 Times in 636 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangledHeart View Post
Yep that is true! It's only one time per ride, you have to do the visitor waiting game. Thank goodness for something making life in the big house a little easier! LOL Peace
Hey M, when are you up for your first visit? Soon I hope!
Yes I'm going so. I'm just busy until mid November.....thank goodness for mail and phone calls.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ju's wife For This Useful Post:
TangledHeart (10-21-2013)
  #113  
Old 10-25-2013, 05:41 PM
s62693 s62693 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: los angeles ca
Posts: 32
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I have been waiting since august for my visiting form to be approved did it take this long for the rest of you ladies?????? Will his counselor tell me if I have been approved to see him????? it's behind glass but anything will do at this point...
How do you go about finding out who the counselor is.... Is there a number I can call????
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 10-25-2013, 10:02 PM
mommieof5's Avatar
mommieof5 mommieof5 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hemet Ca
Posts: 73
Thanks: 19
Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s62693 View Post
I have been waiting since august for my visiting form to be approved did it take this long for the rest of you ladies?????? Will his counselor tell me if I have been approved to see him????? it's behind glass but anything will do at this point...
How do you go about finding out who the counselor is.... Is there a number I can call????
I have been waiting since the end of august also but my hubby said its taking about 8 weeks to get approved so hopefully any day now
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 10-25-2013, 10:26 PM
ju's wife's Avatar
ju's wife ju's wife is offline
Miss my KiNg
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: So CaLi~~I.E.
Posts: 2,495
Thanks: 808
Thanked 776 Times in 636 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s62693 View Post
I have been waiting since august for my visiting form to be approved did it take this long for the rest of you ladies?????? Will his counselor tell me if I have been approved to see him????? it's behind glass but anything will do at this point...
How do you go about finding out who the counselor is.... Is there a number I can call????
You should be able to call and ask visiting your status of the application. Just call the main number and listen for either records or visiting and ask who is his counselor.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 10-27-2013, 02:39 PM
s62693 s62693 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: los angeles ca
Posts: 32
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju's wife View Post
You should be able to call and ask visiting your status of the application. Just call the main number and listen for either records or visiting and ask who is his counselor.
thanks
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to s62693 For This Useful Post:
ju's wife (10-28-2013)
  #117  
Old 11-11-2013, 09:26 PM
ILoveYouRobert ILoveYouRobert is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: california, us.
Posts: 50
Thanks: 11
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

My boyfriend/baby daddy was just transferred from county to Wasco about a week ago. I am new ttwo this whole thing and would appreciate any info I can get. Its tough being pregnant not having him around. He was sentenced 2 years with half time and a strike. Any idea around how much time he'll being doing? And what are his chances of being transferred or parole? thank you thank you thank you<3
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 11-12-2013, 12:32 AM
mommieof5's Avatar
mommieof5 mommieof5 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hemet Ca
Posts: 73
Thanks: 19
Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveYouRobert View Post
My boyfriend/baby daddy was just transferred from county to Wasco about a week ago. I am new ttwo this whole thing and would appreciate any info I can get. Its tough being pregnant not having him around. He was sentenced 2 years with half time and a strike. Any idea around how much time he'll being doing? And what are his chances of being transferred or parole? thank you thank you thank you<3

hey there welcome, Im sure from what you have already read everybody experiences are a lil different like my hubby was sentenced and transferred to wasco back in august he is doing 3 yrs with half and a strike and we have about 15 months left so depending on how many days yurs already has served yurs should be home in less than a year.i completely understand the pregnant thing im due in 4 weeks and its been rough but as soon as he sees his counselor he will be able to write and let you know everything whether he will be transferred and what is parole date should be....wish u the best of luck
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 11-15-2013, 12:25 AM
Staystrong Staystrong is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California
Posts: 72
Thanks: 64
Thanked 42 Times in 29 Posts
Default Question about Counselors

My fiancee, is at Wasco and probably going to see his counselor in a month or so. Do any of you know where I can find some information about possible questions the counselor is going to ask? Or do any of you know anything about this process? and Do you also know any information about the "point system"? How does that work? I'm sorry for asking so many questions but this is the first time dealing with having a love one incarcerated. Thank you so much in advance!
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 11-17-2013, 08:14 PM
Diane909 Diane909 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: riverside county
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hello ladies I have a question about visiting IM having an issue and I need to know my husband just got transfered to reception in wasco and when I would see him in county I wouldn't have a problem but since he's in prison now I need to know I had my first ticket a few months ago I made payment arrangements but I got laid off I have not been able to pay they suspended my license but the thing is I've never had my license before only my.California id will I be able to go in I do gave a good record and I've never had an issue getting approved when he hits prison it's not his first time. Can anyone help thanks
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 11-17-2013, 08:58 PM
ju's wife's Avatar
ju's wife ju's wife is offline
Miss my KiNg
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: So CaLi~~I.E.
Posts: 2,495
Thanks: 808
Thanked 776 Times in 636 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane909 View Post
Hello ladies I have a question about visiting IM having an issue and I need to know my husband just got transfered to reception in wasco and when I would see him in county I wouldn't have a problem but since he's in prison now I need to know I had my first ticket a few months ago I made payment arrangements but I got laid off I have not been able to pay they suspended my license but the thing is I've never had my license before only my.California id will I be able to go in I do gave a good record and I've never had an issue getting approved when he hits prison it's not his first time. Can anyone help thanks
Welcome to PTO. As long as you don't have a warrant you should be fine. When he sends you the visiting application just include the ticket info which should be because your doing payments. Its taking about 3 months to get approved.... so be patient.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 11-17-2013, 10:10 PM
Diane909 Diane909 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: riverside county
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thank you so much this help so much ..
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 11-17-2013, 10:11 PM
Diane909 Diane909 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: riverside county
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju's wife View Post
Welcome to PTO. As long as you don't have a warrant you should be fine. When he sends you the visiting application just include the ticket info which should be because your doing payments. Its taking about 3 months to get approved.... so be patient.
Thank you so much this helps alot
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diane909 For This Useful Post:
ju's wife (11-19-2013)
  #124  
Old 11-18-2013, 11:28 PM
ILoveYouRobert ILoveYouRobert is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: california, us.
Posts: 50
Thanks: 11
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommieof5 View Post
hey there welcome, Im sure from what you have already read everybody experiences are a lil different like my hubby was sentenced and transferred to wasco back in august he is doing 3 yrs with half and a strike and we have about 15 months left so depending on how many days yurs already has served yurs should be home in less than a year.i completely understand the pregnant thing im due in 4 weeks and its been rough but as soon as he sees his counselor he will be able to write and let you know everything whether he will be transferred and what is parole date should be....wish u the best of luck

thank you sooo much and congrats!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ILoveYouRobert For This Useful Post:
mommieof5 (11-19-2013)
  #125  
Old 11-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Diane909 Diane909 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: riverside county
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju's wife View Post
Welcome to PTO. As long as you don't have a warrant you should be fine. When he sends you the visiting application just include the ticket info which should be because your doing payments. Its taking about 3 months to get approved.... so be patient.
i called yestreday and i was told by visiting that i have to pay my ticket first before being approved you cant have any type of hold on your lisence no tickets, suspended or anything like that. im so bummed so that means i have to come up with 700 dollars so i can see my loved one :/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
appointment, mail, reception, visit, visiting

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WASCO 2012 Reception Q&A Thread D4C Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California 482 12-31-2012 12:39 PM
HIV-Wasco state prison-reception missinmypartner General Health Care 2 09-15-2012 03:56 AM
Inmate Riot Wasco state reception center 4ever love California Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events + 3 Strikes 0 06-26-2012 08:58 PM
WASCO 2011 Reception Questions, Concerns & Info Thread Shari Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California 174 12-22-2011 12:43 AM
WASCO STATE PRISON - RECEPTION CENTER in WASCO NJR102000 Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California 7 09-22-2004 01:13 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:30 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics