Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California Topics & Discussions specific to Wasco State Prison located in Wasco, California.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju's wife View Post
Well I foundout he got transferred already.....to soledad which he wasn't suppose. I'm so devasted because that is like 5 plus hours away from us. But I am already approved so that's good to hear now to find a carpool buddy!
A "V" that sounds like a old #? Maybe he is a level 4 or has a short amount of time they won't transfer him? I had a frend who her husband was in RC his whole 10months because he was a level 4 and needed to be in a 180 yard.

Good luck to those still waiting.......
Congrats on him getting moved wish you guys the best of luck and great visits
The Following User Says Thank You to mommieof5 For This Useful Post:
ju's wife (10-12-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2013, 02:18 PM

I'm so thankful for this forum. My boyfriend was recently transfer to Wasco reception. I know that he is allow to receive letters but how about book? and do any of you know how many stamped envelopes I could send? I already sent 10 envelopes but I read that they are allow to receive 40, is this true? Thank you!
Old 10-13-2013, 06:34 PM

welcome...im not sure about books but i have sent 100 pieces of paper, 40 envelopes and a book of stamps and he gets it all....
The Following User Says Thank You to mommieof5 For This Useful Post:
Staystrong (10-14-2013)
Old 10-13-2013, 11:39 PM
Miss my KiNg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inti View Post
I'm so thankful for this forum. My boyfriend was recently transfer to Wasco reception. I know that he is allow to receive letters but how about book? and do any of you know how many stamped envelopes I could send? I already sent 10 envelopes but I read that they are allow to receive 40, is this true? Thank you!
He can have books and magazines. You can have them shipped from Barnes and Noble for free!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ju's wife For This Useful Post:
noboundries (07-25-2014), Staystrong (10-14-2013)
Old 10-14-2013, 12:33 PM

Thanked 1,840 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
He can have books and magazines. You can have them shipped from Barnes and Noble for free!
40 stamps is true
The Following User Says Thank You to krc1abc1 For This Useful Post:
Staystrong (10-15-2013)
Old 10-14-2013, 02:43 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inti View Post
What I did and you may think about doing,(my guys is in Wasco RC as well)I sent two separate envelopes.(Large White, 99 cent store(Manilla are not allowed, I think because of the clasp)) In each envelope I put stamps, I did 10 a sheet, with 10 envelopes and 80 sheet notebook.(cardboard back removed)
I send extra in case he needs things between canteen trips. He said it has helped a lot... One more suggestion, buy the stamps and mail the envelope(mine was $3 and change each. I live about 2 1/2 hours from there.) either at the counter or in the machine where you have a receipt, so if they dont show up, you have proof you bought and sent them. Pease
The Following User Says Thank You to TangledHeart For This Useful Post:
Staystrong (10-15-2013)
Old 10-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Miss my KiNg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangledHeart View Post
What I did and you may think about doing,(my guys is in Wasco RC as well)I sent two separate envelopes.(Large White, 99 cent store(Manilla are not allowed, I think because of the clasp)) In each envelope I put stamps, I did 10 a sheet, with 10 envelopes and 80 sheet notebook.(cardboard back removed)
I send extra in case he needs things between canteen trips. He said it has helped a lot... One more suggestion, buy the stamps and mail the envelope(mine was $3 and change each. I live about 2 1/2 hours from there.) either at the counter or in the machine where you have a receipt, so if they dont show up, you have proof you bought and sent them. Pease
Manilla are allowed just remove the clasp, I been doing that for years. Sometimes in each letter I'll send extra papers that way it will cut my cost down when just sending envelopes. Also if your man has NO money on his books, he can get 5 FREE state issued envelopes with postage.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ju's wife For This Useful Post:
noboundries (07-25-2014), Staystrong (10-15-2013), TangledHeart (10-18-2013)
Old 10-15-2013, 01:21 PM

Thank you so much! for all the information. Ladies you are all a blessing. :-)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Staystrong For This Useful Post:
ju's wife (10-15-2013), mommieof5 (10-15-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 09:00 AM

I think u need to be approved for each facility?
Old 10-16-2013, 11:30 AM
Miss my KiNg

Quote:
Originally Posted by loczrwc View Post
I think u need to be approved for each facility?
The visitor app should follow you. I applied to Wasco when hubby was a RC in August, he just mainlined to Soledad and they said I was approved already and I never sent a visitor to Soledad. I know you have to renew if few years to keep things current.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:59 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
The visitor app should follow you. I applied to Wasco when hubby was a RC in August, he just mainlined to Soledad and they said I was approved already and I never sent a visitor to Soledad. I know you have to renew if few years to keep things current.
Yep that is true! It's only one time per ride, you have to do the visitor waiting game. Thank goodness for something making life in the big house a little easier! LOL Peace
Hey M, when are you up for your first visit? Soon I hope!
Old 10-18-2013, 11:03 PM
Miss my KiNg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangledHeart View Post
Yep that is true! It's only one time per ride, you have to do the visitor waiting game. Thank goodness for something making life in the big house a little easier! LOL Peace
Hey M, when are you up for your first visit? Soon I hope!
Yes I'm going so. I'm just busy until mid November.....thank goodness for mail and phone calls.
The Following User Says Thank You to ju's wife For This Useful Post:
TangledHeart (10-21-2013)
Old 10-25-2013, 05:41 PM

I have been waiting since august for my visiting form to be approved did it take this long for the rest of you ladies?????? Will his counselor tell me if I have been approved to see him????? it's behind glass but anything will do at this point...
How do you go about finding out who the counselor is.... Is there a number I can call????
Old 10-25-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s62693 View Post
I have been waiting since august for my visiting form to be approved did it take this long for the rest of you ladies?????? Will his counselor tell me if I have been approved to see him????? it's behind glass but anything will do at this point...
How do you go about finding out who the counselor is.... Is there a number I can call????
I have been waiting since the end of august also but my hubby said its taking about 8 weeks to get approved so hopefully any day now
Old 10-25-2013, 10:26 PM
Miss my KiNg

Quote:
Originally Posted by s62693 View Post
You should be able to call and ask visiting your status of the application. Just call the main number and listen for either records or visiting and ask who is his counselor.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
You should be able to call and ask visiting your status of the application. Just call the main number and listen for either records or visiting and ask who is his counselor.
thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to s62693 For This Useful Post:
ju's wife (10-28-2013)
Old 11-11-2013, 09:26 PM

My boyfriend/baby daddy was just transferred from county to Wasco about a week ago. I am new ttwo this whole thing and would appreciate any info I can get. Its tough being pregnant not having him around. He was sentenced 2 years with half time and a strike. Any idea around how much time he'll being doing? And what are his chances of being transferred or parole? thank you thank you thank you<3
Old 11-12-2013, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveYouRobert View Post
My boyfriend/baby daddy was just transferred from county to Wasco about a week ago. I am new ttwo this whole thing and would appreciate any info I can get. Its tough being pregnant not having him around. He was sentenced 2 years with half time and a strike. Any idea around how much time he'll being doing? And what are his chances of being transferred or parole? thank you thank you thank you<3

hey there welcome, Im sure from what you have already read everybody experiences are a lil different like my hubby was sentenced and transferred to wasco back in august he is doing 3 yrs with half and a strike and we have about 15 months left so depending on how many days yurs already has served yurs should be home in less than a year.i completely understand the pregnant thing im due in 4 weeks and its been rough but as soon as he sees his counselor he will be able to write and let you know everything whether he will be transferred and what is parole date should be....wish u the best of luck
Old 11-15-2013, 12:25 AM

Default Question about Counselors

My fiancee, is at Wasco and probably going to see his counselor in a month or so. Do any of you know where I can find some information about possible questions the counselor is going to ask? Or do any of you know anything about this process? and Do you also know any information about the "point system"? How does that work? I'm sorry for asking so many questions but this is the first time dealing with having a love one incarcerated. Thank you so much in advance!
Old 11-17-2013, 08:14 PM

Hello ladies I have a question about visiting IM having an issue and I need to know my husband just got transfered to reception in wasco and when I would see him in county I wouldn't have a problem but since he's in prison now I need to know I had my first ticket a few months ago I made payment arrangements but I got laid off I have not been able to pay they suspended my license but the thing is I've never had my license before only my.California id will I be able to go in I do gave a good record and I've never had an issue getting approved when he hits prison it's not his first time. Can anyone help thanks
Old 11-17-2013, 08:58 PM
Miss my KiNg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane909 View Post
Hello ladies I have a question about visiting IM having an issue and I need to know my husband just got transfered to reception in wasco and when I would see him in county I wouldn't have a problem but since he's in prison now I need to know I had my first ticket a few months ago I made payment arrangements but I got laid off I have not been able to pay they suspended my license but the thing is I've never had my license before only my.California id will I be able to go in I do gave a good record and I've never had an issue getting approved when he hits prison it's not his first time. Can anyone help thanks
Welcome to PTO. As long as you don't have a warrant you should be fine. When he sends you the visiting application just include the ticket info which should be because your doing payments. Its taking about 3 months to get approved.... so be patient.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:10 PM

Thank you so much this help so much ..
Old 11-17-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Welcome to PTO. As long as you don't have a warrant you should be fine. When he sends you the visiting application just include the ticket info which should be because your doing payments. Its taking about 3 months to get approved.... so be patient.
Thank you so much this helps alot
The Following User Says Thank You to Diane909 For This Useful Post:
ju's wife (11-19-2013)
Old 11-18-2013, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommieof5 View Post
hey there welcome, Im sure from what you have already read everybody experiences are a lil different like my hubby was sentenced and transferred to wasco back in august he is doing 3 yrs with half and a strike and we have about 15 months left so depending on how many days yurs already has served yurs should be home in less than a year.i completely understand the pregnant thing im due in 4 weeks and its been rough but as soon as he sees his counselor he will be able to write and let you know everything whether he will be transferred and what is parole date should be....wish u the best of luck

thank you sooo much and congrats!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ILoveYouRobert For This Useful Post:
mommieof5 (11-19-2013)
Old 11-20-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
i called yestreday and i was told by visiting that i have to pay my ticket first before being approved you cant have any type of hold on your lisence no tickets, suspended or anything like that. im so bummed so that means i have to come up with 700 dollars so i can see my loved one :/