Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California Topics & Discussions specific to Wasco State Prison located in Wasco, California.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:26 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Does n e 1 kno if there is a sny yard while in reception.. and witch yard it would b. Thank you
<3
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2013, 02:36 PM

Default Visitation

Hi ladies, are any of you visiting your loved ones this weekend?
Has your LO have taken part on a Hunger Strike before? if yes do you think it will be a good idea to let new inmates or the ones that haven't experienced it how it is? I heard that some inmates are saving their food for the strike and that it is possible the officers will take the food away. in that case I would prefered for my LO to eat now instead of the food been thrown away.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuerrita82 View Post
Does n e 1 kno if there is a sny yard while in reception.. and witch yard it would b. Thank you
<3
I received a letter from my old man and he said that everyone is mixed together there since its reception, and they are all waiting to be transferred. D yard is low security. All the way to A yard being high security.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroysHeart View Post
My bf just got to Wasco 4 days ago. Does anyone know how long it typically (as typical as the CDCR can get, lol) takes for them to see a counselor and get to their final destination?
Supposedly, the counselors have up to 90 days to see inmates and get them processed. According to my husband, who is there, he says that the inmates have been typically having to wait about 60 days.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morazan View Post
Hi ladies, are any of you visiting your loved ones this weekend?
Has your LO have taken part on a Hunger Strike before? if yes do you think it will be a good idea to let new inmates or the ones that haven't experienced it how it is? I heard that some inmates are saving their food for the strike and that it is possible the officers will take the food away. in that case I would prefered for my LO to eat now instead of the food been thrown away.
I heard about the hunger strike, but are you sure it is happening at Wasco State Prison RC as well?
Old 06-29-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyslady View Post
Yay my man talked to his counselor a few days ago!! Hopefully he gets transferred soon. He's been in Wasco for 2 1/2 months. Does anyone know how long to transfer after they speak with their counselor?
My husband said that his celly saw his counselor, and transferred within a week. He says that is usually the time frame although sometimes it can take 2 weeks.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:55 AM

Hi everyone my hubby just got transferred to wasco RC n I just want to know how to make appoinments to visit? I already sent in my form just waiting to get approved but wanted to have the number or info ahead of time so once I get the approval..can somebody help me please..
Old 08-18-2013, 11:23 AM

Hi everybody my husband was just sent here on friday im planning on mailing him his writing stuff can anybody just confirm for me how many pieces of paper and how many envelopes ans stamps i can send it would be appreciated thanks
Old 08-21-2013, 03:27 AM
Missing My #1 King

I think its 100 sheets of paper, 40 envelopes and 40 stamps.
mommieof5 (08-21-2013)
Old 09-05-2013, 03:20 PM

Default JPay email at reception?

I was wondering, do the inmates in reception at wasco receive email? I have been using the email program from jpay to send my friend emails and i was wondering is he even receiving them..? I'm getting worried that this might all be for nothing and he might think i've just abandoned him. I'm writing him snail mail today just in case but if he hasn't received my emails I'm going to feel terrible.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Missing My #1 King

I believe they do because my boyfriend has been getting the emails I have sent to him. SOmetimes he gets it quick in like a week but in August I think it took them like 2 weeks to give to him >:[
Old 09-11-2013, 08:38 PM

Default Writing supplies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommieof5 View Post
Hi everybody my husband was just sent here on friday im planning on mailing him his writing stuff can anybody just confirm for me how many pieces of paper and how many envelopes ans stamps i can send it would be appreciated thanks
My son was just there and I sent 20 pre stamped envelopes from the post office and a tablet of150 sheets of paper that I tore the front and back off of so it just stuck together with the glue. I sent it in a 9 by 12 Manila envelope that I made sure the metal part was pulled off . They got thru in about 5 days and I had no problem . I have heard you can also send regular envelopes and stamps in sets of 20 but did not want to take a chance. Hope this helps . Good luck to you and your husband
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2muchmisery4me For This Useful Post:
Melshoney (10-22-2013), mommieof5 (09-11-2013)
Old 09-14-2013, 12:28 AM
Miss my KiNg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell805 View Post
I was wondering, do the inmates in reception at wasco receive email? I have been using the email program from jpay to send my friend emails and i was wondering is he even receiving them..? I'm getting worried that this might all be for nothing and he might think i've just abandoned him. I'm writing him snail mail today just in case but if he hasn't received my emails I'm going to feel terrible.
Postcards are fastest in about 2 days. My husband never received the emails from jpay, idk if that depends on the facility or what..... but this was at Delano a few years ago. But we been getting mail pretty regular, to him in about 5 days and I get his in 2 days.

Last edited by ju's wife; 09-14-2013 at 12:29 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 09-21-2013, 02:28 PM

hey ladies does anybody know how long its taking for them to see there counselors after the go to medical?
Old 09-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Miss my KiNg

Hi Ladies,
My husband has been in RC for about 50 days and we had a pretty good
routine of corresponding but I haven't received my letter this week.
Maybe its just running way behind than the normal as I'm use to getting a letter
every Weds and Saturday. I look forward to them and I'm kinda bummed I haven't received
anything.......so I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem? He's on the
C yard.

Last edited by ju's wife; 09-28-2013 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 09-28-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju's wife View Post
Hi Ladies,
My husband has been in RC for about 50 days and we had a pretty good
routine of corresponding but I haven't received my letter this week.
Maybe its just running way behind than the normal as I'm use to getting a letter
every Weds and Saturday. I look forward to them and I'm kinda bummed I haven't received
anything.......so I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem? He's on the
C yard.

I had the same issue this week i just got 3 letters today going back until the 20th so maybe they had some mail back up issues
Old 09-29-2013, 11:16 PM
Miss my KiNg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommieof5 View Post
I had the same issue this week i just got 3 letters today going back until the 20th so maybe they had some mail back up issues
Thank you I hope thats the case. Praying I get it all tomorrow!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Donation Award 

Mine, from him(Wasco RC) has been coming thru quickly, 2 days usually... He just needs to get his ass writing more to catch up with my weary fingers! LOL My mail to him has been sporadic. He sometimes gets 2 at a time, and they were all sent at different times. The email I sent via Jpay, was sent the 12th(Sept) and he received it on the 26th(Sept)
I hope that helps...I know I read all the time to compare and get a better feel of what is happening and what to expect. I wish I had not taken a short break and missed this post, cuz I had a pity party and reacted poorly for not receiving mail for a week... Sigghhhhhh Aint gona be the last I'm sure, but I am trying to be understanding. Peace Y'all

Last edited by TangledHeart; 10-04-2013 at 04:01 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to TangledHeart For This Useful Post:
ju's wife (10-07-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 08:15 AM
Donation Award 

Does anyone have a clue how to make contact with your LO's counselor? I had a weird request, directing me to call them, as soon as I get the green light, but to be prepared. He mentioned a name, but I can't seem to locate it in any of the directories...
Any ideas? It's W. Stamps
At first I thought it was a joke, and maybe some kind type of code word... lol
I have read and RE Read and still nothing pops out of it that makes it more clear. Maybe some of you have heard names of counselors and can shed some light here... Thanks
Peace
Old 10-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Miss my KiNg

How long after they see there counselor are they transferred?
I can't wait to touch him once he mainlines!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ju's wife For This Useful Post:
TangledHeart (10-14-2013), timdan121 (04-24-2017)
Old 10-10-2013, 09:06 PM

I was wondering that too. My husband has been in Reception since June 12th. I call his counselor every week and still nothing. He said they are switching all the files to digital so everything is delayed. I look forward to that first visit with NO glass! Can't wait to see him this wknd even if it's only for an hour!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:00 PM

Mine has been to medical and still hasn't seen his counselor and hes been there since August....and does anybody know how long its taking to get approved to visit right now>
Old 10-10-2013, 11:29 PM
Miss my KiNg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofFaith View Post
I was wondering that too. My husband has been in Reception since June 12th. I call his counselor every week and still nothing. He said they are switching all the files to digital so everything is delayed. I look forward to that first visit with NO glass! Can't wait to see him this wknd even if it's only for an hour!
Holy cow he's been in RC since June? Mines been there since Aug 6, did medical around
3 weeks ago and just seen his counselor this week. He said he should be transferring
Within a week, not sure if he's saying that cuz he knows the routine (cuz he ain't no
Rookie) or that's what he's been told? He told me not to write him anymore until I hear from him......so now I'm confused since your guy has ben waiting since june? I won't drive 3.5 hours to see him for a 1 jour visit, I can wait.....
Old 10-11-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju's wife View Post
Holy cow he's been in RC since June? Mines been there since Aug 6, did medical around
3 weeks ago and just seen his counselor this week. He said he should be transferring
Within a week, not sure if he's saying that cuz he knows the routine (cuz he ain't no
Rookie) or that's what he's been told? He told me not to write him anymore until I hear from him......so now I'm confused since your guy has ben waiting since june? I won't drive 3.5 hours to see him for a 1 jour visit, I can wait.....

I'll say a prayer for you & your LO! Hope he does get moved soon! I drive 2 1/2 hours to go see him, so I know your pain. Almost everyone that rode up with him has been transferred already. One of the clerks in records told me it might be because his # starts with a "V", never heard of that before! His counselor knows I'll be calling every Thursday!
My application took 2 months to get approved.
ju's wife (10-12-2013), mommieof5 (10-11-2013), uconley88 (10-27-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Miss my KiNg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofFaith View Post
I'll say a prayer for you & your LO! Hope he does get moved soon! I drive 2 1/2 hours to go see him, so I know your pain. Almost everyone that rode up with him has been transferred already. One of the clerks in records told me it might be because his # starts with a "V", never heard of that before! His counselor knows I'll be calling every Thursday!
My application took 2 months to get approved.
Well I foundout he got transferred already.....to soledad which he wasn't suppose. I'm so devasted because that is like 5 plus hours away from us. But I am already approved so that's good to hear now to find a carpool buddy!
A "V" that sounds like a old #? Maybe he is a level 4 or has a short amount of time they won't transfer him? I had a frend who her husband was in RC his whole 10months because he was a level 4 and needed to be in a 180 yard.

Good luck to those still waiting.......