Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California Topics & Discussions specific to Wasco State Prison located in Wasco, California.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:23 PM

Thanked 1,865 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default Wasco State Prison (WSP) Reception Q & A Thread

Wasco reception question,
concerns, & info thread.
Please ask all your questions
and concerns about reception here
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to traviesita For This Useful Post:
Ladydiva310 (04-16-2014), momof234 (04-28-2018), sandykakes14 (04-17-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 12:32 AM
BB ♥

Can't stop smiling! This year is already starting off great, he finally seen his counselor and he'll be leaving soon! Whoo hoo thank God so I can finally hear his voice and visit him ))))
Old 01-04-2013, 11:00 PM

Default Frustrated with mailroom

My husband has been at Reception since 11/30/2012. He had been receiving mail fairly regularly until the last couple of weeks. I know it probably has to do with the holidays but it's taking a lot longer for him to get my letters than it's taking for me to receive his! He's starting to get down because he hasn't heard from anyone in weeks because letters are getting help up in the mailroom. Anyone else experiencing similar problems?
Old 01-05-2013, 12:48 AM
BB ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by escrappy818 View Post
My husband has been at Reception since 11/30/2012. He had been receiving mail fairly regularly until the last couple of weeks. I know it probably has to do with the holidays but it's taking a lot longer for him to get my letters than it's taking for me to receive his! He's starting to get down because he hasn't heard from anyone in weeks because letters are getting help up in the mailroom. Anyone else experiencing similar problems?
I've been receiving my mail regularly I got mail today. Try sending him a postcard they get those in 2-3 days. Mailroom just probably backed up due to the holidays!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seredipity View Post
Can't stop smiling! This year is already starting off great, he finally seen his counselor and he'll be leaving soon! Whoo hoo thank God so I can finally hear his voice and visit him ))))
Glad he finally got a move date! Mine is still waiting to see his counselor. We haven't spoken or seen each other in over a month (which is the longest we've ever gone!)
Old 01-05-2013, 07:17 PM
BB ♥

Quote:
Glad he finally got a move date! Mine is still waiting to see his counselor. We haven't spoken or seen each other in over a month (which is the longest we've ever gone!)
Thank you I'm overly excited he's finally moving to his final place before coming home. Girl I know how you feel we going on 3 months no calls or visits.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Thank you I'm overly excited he's finally moving to his final place before coming home. Girl I know how you feel we going on 3 months no calls or visits.
That's really tough! While he was in county awaiting trial we could talk on the phone almost every night and I was able to visit every other week...so this has been a drastic change. And he finally got 2 of the 4 letters that I'd sent out! Hopefully they're on track now
The Following User Says Thank You to escrappy818 For This Useful Post:
Seredipity (01-06-2013)
Old 01-06-2013, 06:04 PM
BB ♥

Whoo hoo finally!!!! Girl I know this mess was driving me crazy but I got to see his sexy self today I'm still in awgh.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Whoo hoo finally!!!! Girl I know this mess was driving me crazy but I got to see his sexy self today I'm still in awgh.
That's great!! I can't wait to see my husband! But knowing my luck he'll be mainlined before my visitation approved. Or he may even get released! Still don't have a date :-(
The Following User Says Thank You to escrappy818 For This Useful Post:
Esdwrd (08-30-2017)
Old 01-07-2013, 11:56 PM

Default lucky

Ya'll girls are lucky that your men are going to be moved soon...My man has been in reception there since July 2012 and still hasn't been transported to Avenal (where he was told he was probably going to go). I'm so hoping that he gets transferred soon, but it'll also suck cuz I'd have to get approved for visitations all over again. But the contact visits and being able to get phone calls will be so worth is.

So when ya'lls men get transferred just remember to have them send you a visitation form as soon as they get to their new prisons. But congrats ladies.
since 3/18/2011

Old 01-08-2013, 01:22 AM
BB ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBug9 View Post
Ya'll girls are lucky that your men are going to be moved soon...My man has been in reception there since July 2012 and still hasn't been transported to Avenal (where he was told he was probably going to go). I'm so hoping that he gets transferred soon, but it'll also suck cuz I'd have to get approved for visitations all over again. But the contact visits and being able to get phone calls will be so worth is.

So when ya'lls men get transferred just remember to have them send you a visitation form as soon as they get to their new prisons. But congrats ladies.
Dang girl he's been there forever how come so long? Mine may go to Avenal too but I'm hoping he doesn't that's way to far from me and home. And you don't have to resend a visiting form it lasts for 2 years and follows them wherever they go, only time you send a new one is if there release and reoffend.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:

I still don't know when my husband is being transferred...he hasn't seen his counselor yet. But he's only been there since 11/30/12
Old 01-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBug9

Lovebug,

Why do you say you would need to re apply for visits? That is incorrect.
All his approvals should follow him where he is mainlined.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Dang girl he's been there forever how come so long? Mine may go to Avenal too but I'm hoping he doesn't that's way to far from me and home. And you don't have to resend a visiting form it lasts for 2 years and follows them wherever they go, only time you send a new one is if there release and reoffend.
Well my man got into one fight sorta early on after he was there for a month or so. But when I actually went to see him a couple weekends ago, he just got off of disciplinary action. So that might have had something to do with him being there so long. I actually was talking to some ladies and stuff that have loved ones in there when I went to see my man. And they're loved ones have been to all sorts of prison (long sentences) and they said that it all depends on the prison for visitation. Some prisons will not let approvals transfer and some will. I just hope when my man goes, it'll transfer. If not I have no problem with sending in another visitation form
since 3/18/2011

Old 01-08-2013, 11:33 PM

Default new policies maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog88 View Post
Lovebug,

Why do you say you would need to re apply for visits? That is incorrect.
All his approvals should follow him where he is mainlined.
That's what I've been thinking it's like, but maybe the dept. of corrections have new policies. I mean they have new laws about sentencing now, so things might have changed. I'm no expert, but I guess it's something worth looking into.
since 3/18/2011

Old 01-08-2013, 11:34 PM

Quote:
I still don't know when my husband is being transferred...he hasn't seen his counselor yet. But he's only been there since 11/30/12
All I can say is just be patient, especially since he just got to WSP. It took my man about a month or so to be able to see his counselor.
since 3/18/2011

Old 01-08-2013, 11:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBug9

Well my man got into one fight sorta early on after he was there for a month or so. But when I actually went to see him a couple weekends ago, he just got off of disciplinary action. So that might have had something to do with him being there so long. I actually was talking to some ladies and stuff that have loved ones in there when I went to see my man. And they're loved ones have been to all sorts of prison (long sentences) and they said that it all depends on the prison for visitation. Some prisons will not let approvals transfer and some will. I just hope when my man goes, it'll transfer. If not I have no problem with sending in another visitation form
With all due to respect to those other women and their BS talk, when your man transfers then his vitiators list WILL transfer with him. No need to re apply and do that waiting game all over again. No matter what prison he goes to! Just thought you should know...
Old 01-09-2013, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog88 View Post
With all due to respect to those other women and their BS talk, when your man transfers then his vitiators list WILL transfer with him. No need to re apply and do that waiting game all over again. No matter what prison he goes to! Just thought you should know...
Well aside from those ladies that talked about it. I've also heard the same thing from different people as well. I've also read it on this site in old forums as well. I mean there are such cases where the forms get lost or the information doesn't get electronically transferred to the other prisons. So who knows...I guess I'll have to see whenever/if he does get transferred.
since 3/18/2011

Old 01-09-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
All I can say is just be patient, especially since he just got to WSP. It took my man about a month or so to be able to see his counselor.
Being as patient as possible. Just wish he'd be transferred somewhere that he can have phone access because it gives me peace of mind to hear his voice and not have to wait on letters to tell me he's alright
Old 01-09-2013, 05:19 PM
BB ♥

Quote:
Being as patient as possible. Just wish he'd be transferred somewhere that he can have phone access because it gives me peace of mind to hear his voice and not have to wait on letters to tell me he's alright
I know exactly what you mean but there's no phones in reception period smh sucks. Who came up with this rule? Pretty dumb.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean but there's no phones in reception period smh sucks. Who came up with this rule? Pretty dumb.
yeah and it seems like they are there for a long time regardless of the length of their sentence!! Like he might end up doing the remainder of his time there!! lol, I may never even get visitation! But if it means he's coming home, I'm alright with that!!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Well aside from those ladies that talked about it. I've also heard the same thing from different people as well. I've also read it on this site in old forums as well. I mean there are such cases where the forms get lost or the information doesn't get electronically transferred to the other prisons. So who knows...I guess I'll have to see whenever/if he does get transferred.
When we first arrived to Wasco, I was told I needed to fill out another app, because he just transfered here. I came in on my 1st visit, filled out the visitors app (same one we all fill out to get approved), then I went in to visit. I believe they just update your info, even if it hasnt been passed 2 years since you were approved. But fyi..even tho i was still able to keep visiting, they still ran a background check on me. My husband received the notice about 8wks later that i was approved again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Halo18 For This Useful Post:
escrappy818 (01-10-2013), LoveBug9 (01-11-2013)
Old 01-11-2013, 12:33 AM
BB ♥

Hey ladies! Hope you all had a great day, mines has been the GREATEST! I got a call from my baby he is soooo happy to be out of Wasco after nearly 3 months. Hope you guys men are moved soon.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:27 AM

Default that first phone call

Quote:
Hey ladies! Hope you all had a great day, mines has been the GREATEST! I got a call from my baby he is soooo happy to be out of Wasco after nearly 3 months. Hope you guys men are moved soon.
Yeah I'm hoping my man gets transferred soon. I mean when I saw my man for the first time since he's been in there. It reminded me just how much I missed hearing his voice. I really can't wait for him to get transferred and be able to get that first phone call from him. I'd be jumping up and down for joy. I just wish I had the money to go and see him every weekend at least. But I don't and it completely sucks.
since 3/18/2011

Old 01-11-2013, 10:33 AM
BB ♥

Quote:
Yeah I'm hoping my man gets transferred soon. I mean when I saw my man for the first time since he's been in there. It reminded me just how much I missed hearing his voice. I really can't wait for him to get transferred and be able to get that first phone call from him. I'd be jumping up and down for joy. I just wish I had the money to go and see him every weekend at least. But I don't and it completely sucks.
He will just pray on it! Girl that first visit is truly amazing especially after soooo long I was jumping for joy lol I didn't know who was calling me ahaaha. It's okay things will work itself out trust me it could always be worst.