Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Correctional Training Facility, Soledad (CTF) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Correctional Training Facility, Soledad (CTF) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Correctional Training Facility located in Soledad, California.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:42 PM

Thanked 1,865 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default CTF Lockdown Q & A (ONLY)

Anything regarding lockdown info, questions or concerns goes here
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to traviesita For This Useful Post:
Ramira34 (02-27-2013), tcortez13 (01-17-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 04:10 PM
truly, madly, deeply

I cannot believe they are having another lockdown already. It is ridiculous how often they put these guys on lock down. My husbands counselor said they are doing cell searches for security reasons. Ugh. I hate when he can't call for so long.

Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison.
Henry David Thoreau

No longer waiting, the date changed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shenson For This Useful Post:
Jennv3 (01-15-2013), KKimball (01-17-2013)
Old 01-15-2013, 01:03 AM
Jenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenson View Post
I cannot believe they are having another lockdown already. It is ridiculous how often they put these guys on lock down. My husbands counselor said they are doing cell searches for security reasons. Ugh. I hate when he can't call for so long.
Thanks for posting about them being on lockdown. I was worried as to why my husband hasn't called and couldn't get anyone on the phone at all.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:29 PM
truly, madly, deeply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennv3 View Post
Thanks for posting about them being on lockdown. I was worried as to why my husband hasn't called and couldn't get anyone on the phone at all.
no problem, I know the worry feeling

Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison.
Henry David Thoreau

Old 01-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Jenn

Quote:
no problem, I know the worry feeling
Would you happen to know if they can still get mail in and out during lockdown ?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:12 PM

Thanked 1,840 Times in 691 Posts

They can but sometimes it slows it down.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:14 PM

is everyone on lock down? i saw my hunny on the 5th for a visit and he mentioned that there might be a lock down again but wasent sure and i havent got a call from him since 1/6/2013.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:12 PM
truly, madly, deeply

What the counselor told me was that the whole prison was on lock down. Yes, they still get mail in and out but it goes in slower for some unknown reason when they are on lockdowns. Not sure if it somehow slows everyone down or just the mail room. I did get an email saying that they were still having regular visiting though.

Henry David Thoreau

The Following User Says Thank You to shenson For This Useful Post:
qwerty (01-16-2013)
Old 01-16-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
What the counselor told me was that the whole prison was on lock down. Yes, they still get mail in and out but it goes in slower for some unknown reason when they are on lockdowns. Not sure if it somehow slows everyone down or just the mail room. I did get an email saying that they were still having regular visiting though.

Hello, I'm still new to the site and I had a question for you. Do you mean to say that the entire prison has been on lockdown and not just North building, etc. I've been worried sick not having received a call or letter. Does the mail also slow down? I thought it didn't slow down maybe I'm just driving myself crazy not knowing if he's ok. Also, the visits don't normally get affected, right? I got an email stating visits are scheduled as "normal". Sorry for all the questions, I've just been worried sick and it's been hell not hearing from my baby.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

I know how it is to worry!

The mail was slow before the lockdown and even SLOWER now. My guy just got a letter I sent Dec. 18th. In his letter he said they just finished searching his cell and they are doing the whole cell by cell search for everyone... again.

But yes, they still have visits, thank goodness!

Let's give 'em something to talk about!

Old 01-16-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
I know how it is to worry!

The mail was slow before the lockdown and even SLOWER now. My guy just got a letter I sent Dec. 18th. In his letter he said they just finished searching his cell and they are doing the whole cell by cell search for everyone... again.

But yes, they still have visits, thank goodness!
Thank you so much for your reply!!! I've going crazy, figured something was up. I just let stress get the best of me. Good to know visits don't get affected....THANK GOD!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:13 PM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

You're very welcome.

I've been there, believe me! Hopefully we'll find out more this weekend.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:40 AM

My husband wrote me a letter and said that there was another kite dropped and they had to search all the buildings. He said that he didn't think there was a kite dropped but that was the excuse they were giving because a gas line broke on the yard and they are taking their time to fix it. It might be a while before they come off lockdown because most of us remember the situation with the generator.
The Following User Says Thank You to KKimball For This Useful Post:
qwerty (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 09:51 AM
truly, madly, deeply

I got a letter from my husband yesterday also and he said that they had just finished searching his building but it would be a long lock down because the supposed kite that got dropped was about an attempted escape. He agrees, its just more excuses for long lock downs.

Henry David Thoreau

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shenson For This Useful Post:
KKimball (01-17-2013), qwerty (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 10:29 AM

my man is in north yard a and havent talked to him in a week. I scheduled a visit on the 26th im coming from AZ. He has no idea becasue i couldnt talk to him. Do they still get visitis? I would hate to come all that way and not see him.

on Another note lol I wear clip in extensions. I have seen a lot of thoughts and opinions on going through the medical dectors with them but has anyone actually done it and got thru ???

Thak you MIA
Old 01-17-2013, 10:48 AM

i just called the prison and they are on lock down. he said when they have lock down you cant visit ??
he said to call 800-374-8474 ext 122 every thursday after 5pm for an update.

Has anyone gone to visits on lockdown? I already booked my flight.. im praying
Old 01-17-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKimball View Post
My husband wrote me a letter and said that there was another kite dropped and they had to search all the buildings. He said that he didn't think there was a kite dropped but that was the excuse they were giving because a gas line broke on the yard and they are taking their time to fix it. It might be a while before they come off lockdown because most of us remember the situation with the generator.

do you know how long lock down usually last ?
Old 01-17-2013, 01:14 PM

Default Does anyone have an appt jan 26th for ctf soledad north yard

I am worried becuase i heard they are on lock down and i am flying from AZ for my apt 01/26. Does anyone have any updates im so stressed
Old 01-17-2013, 01:17 PM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

They DID have visits during the last two lockdowns since my man has been there, so I don't know why they told you that. There are different levels of lockdowns.

However it is always good to check the telephone update line. But as of now, I am visiting this weekend! I'll let you know if there is any change.

The last lockdown in December lasted what, a month? Too long anyway...

Old 01-17-2013, 02:47 PM

I've got a visit for the 26th also, but my understanding is they still have visits. I got 4 letters from my man and he stated they were going to be off lock down Mon or Tues of this week. He hasn't called so I guess that wasn't the case. I've been getting emails from the V-Pass CDCR visiting site and this week for B yard is on normal schedule, so I'm going to assume that next weeks visits will be normal as well. My man has told me numerous times, that although they have lock downs they are allowed their visits which is a good thing. But I agree calling the 800# is a good idea just in case!! I so happy that I finally heard from him. This has been driving me crazy!!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 03:05 PM

Thank god for this site, i cant express my feeling to anyone else and am going crazy. Thank you both that responded that lift my spirits up. Please dont forget about me and let me know how it goes this weekend etc..

mrsbarba - i guess our men are locked up together... maybe ill see you i have only been once and thats was like 8 months ago. I moved to AZ unfortunaltey so its harder for me.

Here is my email if you want to email me maybe we can get to know eachother i have a ton of questions about what to wear hair extensions

Removed per policy; Please contact member via pm system) if you want to .. my name is Mia..

Last edited by patchouli; 01-17-2013 at 10:59 PM.. Reason: removed email addy
Old 01-17-2013, 03:09 PM

and yes the seargant randall i spoke with today said when they go on lockdown they get no visits.. but they probably just say that i hope lol
Old 01-17-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcortez13 View Post
I am worried becuase i heard they are on lock down and i am flying from AZ for my apt 01/26. Does anyone have any updates im so stressed

I have a appointments for the 26th & 27th. Just this Monday 1/14 I got an email from CDCR's visiting site and they're having visits this weekend for B. If this is the case, A should be fine next weekend. I know my man's told me that they still can get visits even when they have them on lock down.
The Following User Says Thank You to shrte78 For This Useful Post:
tcortez13 (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcortez13 View Post
and yes the seargant randall i spoke with today said when they go on lockdown they get no visits.. but they probably just say that i hope lol

LOL my man told me to never believe what they say. They will probably say anything to get you off the phone, etc. I'm going to stay on top of this by calling that 800# and watching for those emails.

BTW I sent you an email. My name is Martha.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:30 PM

Default Visits during lockdown

My husband is in north facility and I just got a letter from him today. He said they still get visits and as a matter of fact his cell mate had a visit last weekend. So no worries ladies...just make sure to take a printed copy of your vpass reservation with you. Good luck to all and let's hope this lockdown BS is over soon.