Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:27 PM

Default FCI--Berlin

[COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]Hey Everyone! I have been a member on here for almost a two years or so. I stay in Dallas, TX. My husband was once in Ft. Worth, Texas and they move him to Beaumont Camp. They are now moving him to this new prison in Berlin, NH camp. If anyone can provide me with any information that you would be great! Thank you!!![/color]

Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.Psalms 37:4
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2012, 03:09 PM

hi my sweety is in the nh prison system so i have heard of the berlin camp. Up there from what ive been told its new id say only 5 yrs old and they have the federal prison plus a state prison right next to it. Up there frrom what ive been told its total woods not much entertainment up there.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:19 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,205 Times in 2,544 Posts
Default FCI--Berlin

The Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) in Berlin, New Hampshire, is a medium security facility housing male offenders. An adjacent satellite prison camp houses minimum security male inmates.

FCI Berlin is located in northern New Hampshire, 100 miles north of Concord, New Hampshire, and 100 miles west of Portland, Maine.

You can read more about FCI Berlin by clicking on this link.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:12 PM

Default FCI Berlin

FCI Berlin, New Hampshire is tucked in the White Mountains and is very beautiful. The prison is brand new and surrounded by a lot of green space. The minimum security camp is open for inmates and they now house about 40, but will eventually have 128. The new warden is very nice and previously was a warden at Raybrook, New York. If you enjoy outdoor living, Berlin is a great place with every outside activity that a person could think of. The medium security inmates will start arriving in the early part of 2013. There is a state prison and a hospital within five miles of FCI Berlin. Your LO will be very fortunat3e if he gets transferred there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Irish17 For This Useful Post:
Maushel (04-12-2013)
Old 08-18-2014, 01:44 PM

Hello - I just found out my husband was designated to this facility today. Does anyone have any recent info to share? How's visting? The programs they offer? Thank you in advance
Old 03-17-2015, 02:15 PM

does anyone know of a van or bus going to berlin from the nyc area
Old 03-17-2015, 06:45 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 21,921 Times in 12,661 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Ask your LO to check the inmate bulletin boards for ads for vans or ride shares. I hope you find one.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:10 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,871 Times in 858 Posts

I don't know of any van services but you can take Bolt or Megabus from NYC to Boston then hop on Concord Trailways to Berlin NH. I'm not sure if there is a taxi service to the prison but there are 2 taxi companies. EZ Taxi and Red Eye.

I ride Megabus and Bolt to NYC and I like both. I think Megabus goes to Portland Maine. There might be service from there to Berlin also.

Bethel is a beautiful area. I have a camp about an hour from there. Bethel Maine is a sweet little town east of there.
The Following User Says Thank You to shs76 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-18-2015)
Old 03-17-2015, 09:32 PM

Does anyone know if Berlin is on lockdown or if corrlinks is down?
Old 03-18-2015, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenniejen2611 View Post
Does anyone know if Berlin is on lockdown or if corrlinks is down?
I got an email from our friend yesterday morning, but nothing since. That is not out of character for him though to only email once. He doesn't talk about them being locked down too often and he has been there since the facility opened.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretzellogic79 View Post
I got an email from our friend yesterday morning, but nothing since. That is not out of character for him though to only email once. He doesn't talk about them being locked down too often and he has been there since the facility opened.
I got an email this morning from my husband that they are on LD and then another email at 7 am pst sayin they are going on LD again. Its noon and i still haven't heard from him
The Following User Says Thank You to Jenniejen2611 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-18-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
I got an email this morning from my husband that they are on LD and then another email at 7 am pst sayin they are going on LD again. Its noon and i still haven't heard from him
Thanks. I haven't heard from our friend yet either. I hope that whatever is going on is subdued by this weekend. I'd really like to get up there to see him since the weather has finally broken...sort of. It can't make up its mind apparently. I left work and it was 52...by the time I got home, it was 37 and snowing.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I haven't heard from our friend yet either. I hope that whatever is going on is subdued by this weekend. I'd really like to get up there to see him since the weather has finally broken...sort of. It can't make up its mind apparently. I left work and it was 52...by the time I got home, it was 37 and snowing.
Ill be visiting 4/18 and 4/19 and I'm coming all the way from CA... I have no idea what to expect weather wise. Oh, they are still on lockdown. Hopefully they are off by morning. I hope you get to visit this weekend
fbopnomore (03-19-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Ill be visiting 4/18 and 4/19 and I'm coming all the way from CA... I have no idea what to expect weather wise. Oh, they are still on lockdown. Hopefully they are off by morning. I hope you get to visit this weekend
Me too!! He has not had a visit since 2003, so I'll be his first That's a huge honor for me. He and my bf have been friends for a long time and were actually housed together at another prison years ago for a short period. We have a "dinner date" scheduled for when he gets out which will be awesome.

Mid-April should be ok. This winter has been excruciating and we're expecting still more snow tomorrow. I found out today, after having a flat tire last night, that one of my alloy (cheap crap) wheels is bent and has to be replaced. This from hitting a pothole the size of Texas. Hopefully I'll be able to find one and get it replaced before this weekend so I can go see him.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Me too!! He has not had a visit since 2003, so I'll be his first That's a huge honor for me. He and my bf have been friends for a long time and were actually housed together at another prison years ago for a short period. We have a "dinner date" scheduled for when he gets out which will be awesome.

Mid-April should be ok. This winter has been excruciating and we're expecting still more snow tomorrow. I found out today, after having a flat tire last night, that one of my alloy (cheap crap) wheels is bent and has to be replaced. This from hitting a pothole the size of Texas. Hopefully I'll be able to find one and get it replaced before this weekend so I can go see him.
If you can't make it to visit due to car issues by the time i head out there, i can bring you up there.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
If you can't make it to visit due to car issues by the time i head out there, i can bring you up there.
Aww, thanks I should be all set. It's just trying to find the part from a salvage yard so I don't have to pay Honda $500 for a new wheel that's a pain. I just refused to get gouged by the dealership. I also work a long distance from where I live so having the time to do it is an issue too. Plus my bf is in transit and I'm stressed over that so going to see someone else just feels awkward to me even though he's 100% supportive of it. No reason it should feel that way b/c the boundaries are VERY clearly defined, but I'm just struggling with being able to go see someone I care about that isn't the man I'm in love with. I can't see my bf for 18 months so the conscious thought of going to see our friend is painful knowing I can't see my bf for so long. The feelings are hard to explain.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Aww, thanks I should be all set. It's just trying to find the part from a salvage yard so I don't have to pay Honda $500 for a new wheel that's a pain. I just refused to get gouged by the dealership. I also work a long distance from where I live so having the time to do it is an issue too. Plus my bf is in transit and I'm stressed over that so going to see someone else just feels awkward to me even though he's 100% supportive of it. No reason it should feel that way b/c the boundaries are VERY clearly defined, but I'm just struggling with being able to go see someone I care about that isn't the man I'm in love with. I can't see my bf for 18 months so the conscious thought of going to see our friend is painful knowing I can't see my bf for so long. The feelings are hard to explain.
Totally understand... Was just throwing that out there. If you change your mind, send me a PM and I'm sorry you can't see your BF for 18 mo. I only see my husband twice a yr and it really sucks. Have you heard from your friend? I didn't know Berlin went on Lockdown for so long lol. I'm really going thru it not hearing from him. Ugh!
Old 03-19-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Totally understand... Was just throwing that out there. If you change your mind, send me a PM and I'm sorry you can't see your BF for 18 mo. I only see my husband twice a yr and it really sucks. Have you heard from your friend? I didn't know Berlin went on Lockdown for so long lol. I'm really going thru it not hearing from him. Ugh!
As of yet, no. Yeah, my bf is in ATL awaiting transfer to Big Sandy (supposedly) and he can only email me once/day. He lost phone for 18 months too so we're really going through it right now. I have never missed someone so much in my life before. It's all part of the process and I accept it, but I'm hurting and suffering every day not having that interaction with him.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
As of yet, no. Yeah, my bf is in ATL awaiting transfer to Big Sandy (supposedly) and he can only email me once/day. He lost phone for 18 months too so we're really going through it right now. I have never missed someone so much in my life before. It's all part of the process and I accept it, but I'm hurting and suffering every day not having that interaction with him.
Hugs and prayers to you and your loved one hun
pretzellogic79 (03-19-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 09:11 AM

all visits are cancelled this weekend at berlin fci I just called
Old 03-20-2015, 09:14 AM

If I was a more paranoid person, I would be starting to feel like there was some cosmic conspiracy against me causing my LO not to be able to leave his transfer facility and me not being able to go visit our friend.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:21 PM
Donation Award 

Has anyone recently visited FCI Berlin?
Old 09-17-2016, 02:32 AM

My son just arrived to Berlin. Can anyone tell me anything about thiis facility? Is there any complaints about the food? I kno my son saidsomething about they dnt get to go out or walk around like he done at the other fscility. I guess some sbout he had to walk to the chow hall but now thks one is in
Old 10-07-2016, 02:53 AM

Do anyone k ow anything really about FCI Berlin
Old 10-12-2016, 09:24 PM
Donation Award 

Hi, yes! What Would you like to know?
The Following User Says Thank You to WilsAngel For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-13-2016)