Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaacharles View Post
Question: Can someone in the SHU receive photos? One of my friends wanted me to send photos to her loved one but he's currently in the SHU

Yes he can
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2017, 05:14 PM

Pics Are A Go & They Can Receive Mail At ALL Times! No Matter What!
Old 10-04-2017, 05:27 PM

Thank you both so much
Old 10-29-2017, 06:53 PM

My fiancť is getting ready to be sent here. Can anyone tell me what it is like? Are they on lockdown a lot? What are visits like?
Old 10-30-2017, 01:53 AM

I donít know about visits but they are getting out on lockdown a lot! There is a new warden! So everything is changing and theyíre getting lockdown for fog and all sorts of things! But lockdown when something happens is the worst! It seems like forever!! So if u donít here from him check on this site and keep an eye out for somebody to report theyíre on lockdown! This site has saved a lot of pain and stressing and anxiety of not knowing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neesey72 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-30-2017), MrsEAllen (10-30-2017)
Old 11-05-2017, 07:38 AM

Default Mail issues

I'm so sick of this Bs my husband said it toke 8 days to get 1letter I sent 4.. and I also sent pics.. he said they won't take cards or postcards no other documents jus black and white only.. if we all can come together and send an email to the warden about this... Cards? the holidays are coming.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gracelove For This Useful Post:
Vicwifey321 (11-19-2017)
Old 11-05-2017, 10:51 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,660 Times in 13,041 Posts

I never encountered any of those restrictions in a federal prison, but USP Lee is a harsh prison, and bop wardens can get away with almost anything by uttering the mantra "safety and security". If the prison mailroom has a scheduled "open house", he can go there and find out for sure.

The inmate rules (A&O handbook) and the USP Lee web page include information about inmate mail, so if the written rules are different than the actual rules, he can file an inmate grievance.
https://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/lee/
Old 11-06-2017, 07:51 AM

Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to Gracelove For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-06-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 02:00 PM

My husband is in the shu and has been told the same..no cards. You can send pics if u use a printer to print them on paper, no regular photos. Theyre gettin real stupid..i hope they move mine soon
The Following User Says Thank You to HisQueen1977 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisQueen1977 View Post
My husband is in the shu and has been told the same..no cards. You can send pics if u use a printer to print them on paper, no regular photos. Theyre gettin real stupid..i hope they move mine soon
Yeah that's all too much.i sent report cards and perfume on a few letters... talk to the mail room they said they sent out a meno but he didn't get the meno..he will be getting moved soon. The CO's got charges but the inmates get punished that's so crazy.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:39 PM

Hi ladies I'm new to this group can anyone tell me about the visits
Old 11-28-2017, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laya View Post

Theyíre on lockdown! No visits right now
The Following User Says Thank You to Neesey72 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-29-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Always call b4 you go.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gracelove For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-29-2017), MrsEAllen (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neesey72 View Post
Theyíre on lockdown! No visits right now
Thank you ladies
Old 12-03-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsEAllen View Post
Oh my gosh! Your iPhone took a beating from that guy stepping on it! I pray we all get calls tomorrow! Iíve had mine on my hip all day just in case they were able to call today.

I bought a screen protector and an otter box! A few months back I traded my daughter her 6s for my 7plus! The 6s was giving her problems! I was planning on paying that phone off first and I didnít think that I would be able to finance another phone without paying the other one off!! Thank God I had enough good luck that the girl at the Tmobile store let me! Her 7plus will be paid off real soon! Then Iíll get this phone paid off or at least get my phone bill back down to wha itís suppose to be!! Iím just so happy that I didnít end up having to scramble or waste money on a cheap phone or over pay somebody selling a phone just so I could have one!! So that was good! I started crying when the girl told me the good news!! She set my phone up and gave me a hug!! She even took just a down payment for the otter box and screen protector and put the balance on my bill fr me! She wasnít letting me leave unprotected! Too bad the world doesnít have more people like her in it! PLEASE DONT TAKE OFFENSE ANYBODY!!!!! Just that there are more people in this world that would kick somebody when theyíre down when they should help them up!!!
Old 12-03-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
I bought a screen protector and an otter box! A few months back I traded my daughter her 6s for my 7plus! The 6s was giving her problems! I was planning on paying that phone off first and I didnít think that I would be able to finance another phone without paying the other one off!! Thank God I had enough good luck that the girl at the Tmobile store let me! Her 7plus will be paid off real soon! Then Iíll get this phone paid off or at least get my phone bill back down to wha itís suppose to be!! Iím just so happy that I didnít end up having to scramble or waste money on a cheap phone or over pay somebody selling a phone just so I could have one!! So that was good! I started crying when the girl told me the good news!! She set my phone up and gave me a hug!! She even took just a down payment for the otter box and screen protector and put the balance on my bill fr me! She wasnít letting me leave unprotected! Too bad the world doesnít have more people like her in it! PLEASE DONT TAKE OFFENSE ANYBODY!!!!! Just that there are more people in this world that would kick somebody when theyíre down when they should help them up!!!

I have t-mobile now and omg I got the Apple Watch and she was like make sure you get insurance on it you never know what could happen to your watch. The people at t-mobile have been amazing with me the last month compared to when I was on sprint!
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsEAllen For This Useful Post:
Neesey72 (12-04-2017)
Old 12-03-2017, 05:41 PM

Quote:

Iím happy everything worked out for you! I know tomorrow weíll hear from our men
The Following User Says Thank You to blacks_queen For This Useful Post:
Neesey72 (12-04-2017)
Old 12-03-2017, 05:50 PM

Ladies! FYI if your using Pigeonly check your bank account! They have taken the last 4 months out of my account $2.99 and then last month took $7.99 out on top of the $2.99 they took out. I called 11/15/17 and talked to someone and it was supposed to stop and I was supposed to be refunded all of my money in 10 business days. Well that has passed and they took money out again! Iím calling not only my bank to tell them I never approved of those charges but calling them to chew them out!
Old 12-03-2017, 08:08 PM

Default Phone service

Hi ladies can someone please tell me which company to use for inmate calling what's cheaper and work. Thank you
Old 12-03-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Hi ladies can someone please tell me which company to use for inmate calling what's cheaper and work. Thank you

Iíve always used Google voice. Itís free. As long as they still have local numbers youíre good. Use the zip code closest to the prison which are 24263, 24277 or 24273
Old 12-03-2017, 08:25 PM

Default Phone

Thank you
Old 12-03-2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsEAllen View Post
Ladies! FYI if your using Pigeonly check your bank account! They have taken the last 4 months out of my account $2.99 and then last month took $7.99 out on top of the $2.99 they took out. I called 11/15/17 and talked to someone and it was supposed to stop and I was supposed to be refunded all of my money in 10 business days. Well that has passed and they took money out again! Iím calling not only my bank to tell them I never approved of those charges but calling them to chew them out!
Thank you for telling me! I was using them but I stopped using them once they switched to the monthly only plan since I can't afford monthly plans as of right now and I still got money in my wallet. Do you know if they can send the money from my wallet back to me?
Old 12-03-2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacks_queen View Post
Iíve always used Google voice. Itís free. As long as they still have local numbers youíre good. Use the zip code closest to the prison which are 24263, 24277 or 24273
I thought we couldn't use Google Voice. I was told that I couldn't use it by several prisons that my LO was in
Old 12-03-2017, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Thank you for telling me! I was using them but I stopped using them once they switched to the monthly only plan since I can't afford monthly plans as of right now and I still got money in my wallet. Do you know if they can send the money from my wallet back to me?
What is pigeonly
Old 12-04-2017, 05:21 AM

Quote:

Iím not sure but Iím going to find out today when I call because I want it back.