Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InmateLover67

It is easy for people to try and plant doubt in our minds when we are feeling low and vulnerable. What did your friend say that caused you to be doubtful? Is your relationship with your man based on communication and trust? If your love is strong enough, you will make it through this, and be stronger for it.

I am sorry your man got transferred and hope that you are able to talk to him soon. Are you two married? Have you thought about moving to Florida, to be closer to him? I know that is a long ways, but if it would help keep your relationship strong, you might want to look into that. I have no clue what your situation is, but I hope you find a way to get through the next few years.

May I ask how you have been so strong all these years? I suggest you keep doing what you have always done and know that you are half way there.

Take a deep breath....do something nice for yourself. Trust that you are right where you are supposed to be, doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing.

Peace~
Yes we are married, it was easy to be strong when i seen him all the time and talked on the phone everyday. Now with out those things I'm finding it very hard almost feels like when he first went it all over again. I'm going to school now and working trying to stay busy, but some how still manage to battle my thoughts. I was doing better until my friend had to say the things he did...im thinking he had ulterior motives. People always seem to act differently when my mans not around. I trust my husband to the fullest 110% we can talk about anything. I started writing him today about this and that got the tears wanting to flood out. my man don't want me going to Florida alone he says its dangerous, and he will be brought back to Oregon once he hits minimum status so pointless to pack up and move to have to move back...i am working on getting life situated for when he gets out. I just need to push these ugly thoughts out of my head. Thank you for helping. Means allot all of you ladies. Its so nice to have encouraging words.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2012, 09:21 PM

Thank all of you ladies!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:27 AM

Red face

I had my man go in on valentines day this year then propse not long after , the day after my birthday, we arent allowed to marry for some reason, but we will when he gets out after being with him for the two years while he was under house arrest, having only 12 minutes a week to talk and 1 1/2 hrs face to face a fortnight is hard as im sure you all know... ive never been in a relationship and not be able to have the close contact to thrive although clichè as it is its true absense makes the heart grow fonder i miss him more than i though was humanly possible i even call his phone just to hear his voicemail... not having him by my side makes things financially physically and emotionally harder, but i made q commitment to him knowing he was going away and im sticking with it till death do us part, the one thing i wont quit i love him now and forever with every inch of my soul
we have the next 2 years and 4 months to go
Old 04-30-2012, 10:46 AM
TWIN'S WIFEY

HELLO LADIES, IM NEW TO THIS N KINDA SHY BOUT POSTING THINGS BUT IM SO DEPRESSED ABOUT MY HUSBAND BEING LOCKED UP THIS JUNE WILL B 1 YEAR HIS BEEN AWAY N ITS HITTING ME HARD ON HOW MUCH I MISS HIM I THINK ABOUT HIM EVERYDAY , I CRY AT NITE WISHING HE WAS NEXT TO ME TO HOLD ME N TELL ME HOW MUCH HE LOVES ME..... BLACKLOVE N BROWNPRIDE
Old 04-30-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Tink
HELLO LADIES, IM NEW TO THIS N KINDA SHY BOUT POSTING THINGS BUT IM SO DEPRESSED ABOUT MY HUSBAND BEING LOCKED UP THIS JUNE WILL B 1 YEAR HIS BEEN AWAY N ITS HITTING ME HARD ON HOW MUCH I MISS HIM I THINK ABOUT HIM EVERYDAY , I CRY AT NITE WISHING HE WAS NEXT TO ME TO HOLD ME N TELL ME HOW MUCH HE LOVES ME..... BLACKLOVE N BROWNPRIDE
Hugs to you. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time right now "This too shall pass" Glad you were able to open up even why shy. I know how hard it can be to step out of your shell.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:57 PM

I joined prisontalk today and I am amazed how supportive and insighful this site is! I too miss my man horribly. He's been gone for quite some time now. Although I visit and speak to him on the phone regularly it still doesn't amount to him being home. I am so lonely and truthfully, I don't think this empty feeling and loneliness will subside until he comes home. Waiting is the most painful part of it all. I have no choice but to keep my head up and I have to stay strong for him as well as I. If I hear a love song especially late night I get all teary eyed....what to do, what to do? Glad I can come here and vent and I can definitely relate to what you ladies are experiencing. I genuinely love my man and want no one else but him. Prayer, seeing him at visit and talking to him on the phone is the only thing that gets me by.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luvsmesumhim10 For This Useful Post:
sweetness2829 (11-24-2012), Twinwin615 (05-01-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 02:06 PM

I miss my husband so much. I miss the picnics in the bedroom after kids are asleep. I miss how I feel so safe and protected when he is around. I miss how he pay all bills on time and I never had to worry about them. I love how after 23 years he stills tell me how much he love me and how good I look. I love how this man handles his manly duties and still be a teddy bear behind close doors. BOP has him for 11 1/2 years but I have him for life. If he was here I would not miss a second of sleep worrying about the kids, bills, my job or phoney people. Baby we have a bond and I will remain here for you. God I miss this man so much.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Staying True

Todays a good day for me! Sitting here reflecting on the love and the memories we've shared. It feels so good to know that somebody loves me as much as I love them. At times it seems like it will be impossible to wait 5 years for him. Then others days its like I cant see myself with anyone else. Call me indecisive but this is all new to me and i'm going thru the motions. I feel like our love is worth the wait. I would rather wait it out for this man who I know will be the best man for me, then to waste my time searching for something that wont feel the same. Ladies what kind of day is it for you??
The Following User Says Thank You to Twinwin615 For This Useful Post:
sunshyne86 (09-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 05:02 PM

Its a missing him like crazy day for me!! I went to the gym to try and burn off this feeling, but it didn't seem to work!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:24 PM
i love him
Donation Award 

Default missing him sooo bad

I find myself missing J today a lot more than normal. I don't know if it is because i am out of town for work or what. But it is taking everything i have not to break down and cry. Then he calls tonight and is in a real bad mood because people in there were getting on his nerves. I'm just at a loss today and finding it so hard to keep it together. I miss him so much my heart hurts today

Old 05-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Missing My #1 King

I hate that I can't talk to him on the phone now that I don't work. I write daily but its not the same as if I were to talk to him. I'm blessed that I can visit him on the weekends, but 30 minutes is still not enough especially now that i'm stressed out because all of my college finals are due and I still have to choose a university blahhhh. I just wish I could talk to him at this very moment. He always finds a way to calm me down when i'm super stressed and manages to steer me in the right direction to make a conscious decision. I miss my babe
Old 05-02-2012, 02:36 AM

Default 9 yrs and 3 mths so far!

me and my love were high school sweethearts, and we jus fell head over heels for each other and he got arrested when we were 18 and were now 28, were married now and our love is even stronger then anyone could ever imagine~ he was sentenced 12yrs, so we are hoping that he can come home on the 85% rule but so far he has been locked up for 9yrs and 3mths, and i have been by his side every bit of the way, its been a very long time, BUT when u have that true love for someone trust me all will work out! its def a test to see how strong your love really is for one another! best of luck to you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesGirl3 View Post
Mine is still in county - we haven't even gotten sentencing yet but we're looking at 10 years. I am hurting so bad. The 15 minutes I get to talk to him every day are no where near enough. My heart hurts that he's not here. I keep looking at the front door waiting for him to walk through it, but it never happens. I'm so alone and I'm hurting so bad.. this isn't fair and I just want him home again...
The Following User Says Thank You to taylorgang1016 For This Useful Post:
natasha2223 (11-26-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 02:56 AM

I miss him so much and I can't wait till 2014... But I will....

All the shares on PTO help so much.

He calls me babedolls...
The Following User Says Thank You to babedolls For This Useful Post:
natasha2223 (11-26-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 06:51 AM
Forever in love with him

I just wanted to post and say thank you to you all for being there for the little bit of time he was in. It was just too hard for me to imagine him being in for anything. Also, we found out that if he got slapped with failure to register (if he would have stayed in until this upcoming weekend), he would have gotten five years and if he would have got what the judge wanted to give him for what happened (all misdemeanors thankfully- no felonies), it would have been four years. Ladies, I don't think I could have handled nine years without him! I've been with him three years here in August, I can't live without him!

So, I just wanted to say thank you for being there!

in love with a registered sex offender.

The Following User Says Thank You to HisBabygirl_09 For This Useful Post:
natasha2223 (11-26-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 04:27 PM

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 PTOQ Editorial Team Member Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Winner 

Thanked 1,875 Times in 1,190 Posts

Missing my bf like crazy he's on home confinement but we're on opposite side sof the world (we're MWI) counting down until I see him again in July

USA Green Card DV 2017 Lotto Winner for OC CN7**
The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, forgetting that you are special too
Previous International - Long Distance - MWI Relationship
Old 05-02-2012, 04:38 PM

I'm missing my baby today bad. We are out of phone time and it will be tomorrow before we have any. He is suppose to be out this month, I hope they don't drag their feet and he is home soon. Seems like the closer it gets to him coming home the more I miss him.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:16 PM

Default This is hard! Missing him!

Ok so here goes a little story. My sweetie and I only met like 2 and a half weeks before he went in. But something with us just clicked. I knew the chances of him going back in were there because he had after we met violated his parole but just minor rule infractions. I knew he could spend up to 18 months in. I told him before he went in I would be here and wait for him. He has been in custody for exactly 2 months tomorrow. I last saw him about a month and a half ago in county. He is in reception center now awaiting his move. He took a job doing detail work in kitchen because he knows this was the only way to get visits and he despretly wants to visit with me. I have done a lot for him out here on the outside. Which the only thing he asked me to do was to go to his court and testify. I have sent him books. I have sent money which he has told me he doesnt like. BUt I want him to have money for stamps and hygenine and anything extra. He NEVER asked me to send it and told me he never would because he does not want me to ever feel like he is using me. I havnt sent him that much but enough. I have met his mother and some of his family and friends since he went in. His mother is proving to be a real piece of work. I think it is cause she is jelous becasue he has more contact with me than her. He calls me and writes all the time. Phone calls have slowed down a bit cause he has gotten moved where he cannot make phone calls as much because there are to many other guys trying to make calls on the yard with only 12 phones. But he still calls every chance he gets. ANd I get at least one good long letter a week if not more. Well he just tells me how appriciative he is of me cause I have done so much for him and I will NEVER know how much it all means to him. He says if I stick by him for this year and a half bid he will have to marry me...lol. I know it seems kinda crazy but I am actually falling in love with him and I cant even tell him because I dont really want to until we can get a visit because over the phone or in a letter is not gonna work for me. Its killing me to not be able to tell him this. The last two days I have had this overwhelming feeling that what if I spend all this time waiting on him and he gets out and well decides I am not good enough? I think it is really my head playing tricks because he always tells me that I am his rock right now and I am beautiful and he just doesnt know what he would do without me right now. Part of it is just being scared to get hurt because I have been hurt so many times before. But in my heart of hearts I feel this man truely is doing the exact thing I am doing right now and that is falling deep. I can tell by his tone when he talks to me about us and our future. His whole tone just changes and is so soft and almost vulnerable. I dunno I am just having a hard time right now. I know I am sticking by him but I guess I am just having a rough time bc I really cant talk to anyone about all this that gets it and knows what I am going through. Ok sorry this is so long! Just I guess needed to vent!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isaacsweetie For This Useful Post:
rockn82864 (06-24-2013), Tysmumma (04-08-2013)
Old 05-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Account Closed

Times are hard for us right now and I try my hardest not to be a big cry baby about things, but the last week has been absolute hell and I just wish more than anything he would call so that we could things through instead of this silent treatment. It's been 2 days and I know thats not much, but it is when in some way shape or form you hear from each other every day. I called to make sure he wasnt in the hole today and the CO laughed at me and said no he's not in the hole an we're not on lock down, maybe hes just busy haha. Yeah not funny buddy. I miss him so much and I love that man so much this is just ridiculous and its killing me... The tears just dont seem to let up im back to crying at the drop of a hat blah.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:00 PM
*In love with an inmate*

I never thought I could miss a person so much!!! These last couple months have been absolutely terrible!!!! After our visit back in Feb each day that goes by my heart hurts more and more. We use to talk every weekend but I told him that just wasnt enough, we had to add in at least one more day or else I was going to go insane.. and he agreed. We had our 1 year anniversary March 21 and I haven't talked to him on the phone since that night! He's been in confinement for freaking tobacco and as of right now he's "under investigation" so we have no idea when he'll be out. I dont know if i want to cry or scream. Its soooo overwhelming.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Crazy Gypsy Lady

It is absolutely 100% okay with you to feel worried. That's normal! Especially since your going into all this after only being together a short period of time.

Have you shared your fears with him? Be very OPEN. Good communication = an understanding relationship. I on the other hand am not always great at communicating with my LO and it bites me in the end.

Try to just follow your heart the best you can. I have heard many ladies on here say "love is always a risk" and it is so true.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:26 PM

No I havnt cause I feel like he constantly assures me of how he feels. I dont want him to feel like I think it is too hard cause he told me several times when he first got locked up I was free to go he didnt want to hold my life up. I assured him he wasnt holding my life up cause he made me happy. He is finally grabbing onto the fact I am not going anywhere cause he said it would hurt like hell for me to stick by him say 6 months and meet a good guy with a nice house and a life togehter for me to dissappear on him. He has been hurt so many times as well. But he has I think finally pushed past worrying about me leaving him while he is in. And now I worry about him leaving when he is out...lol. So ironic. I guess these feelings must be pretty normal...lol.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Donation Award 

you said your relationship just started? im sorry maybe im just a person who is hard to please but to me no where near a year and a half especially when most of it is spent in prison is long enough to date someone before u marry them.......i have known my man for 8 yrs been seeing him 4 straight he will be doing 2.5 yrs in prison and im still no place thinking marriage. i guess maybe my values are different but i say u need to get to know this man
Old 05-02-2012, 07:37 PM

If you think you are in love with him, then everything will be ok. 143forever, is right that you should be open with him about your fears, but I also think that you should wait to truly get to know one another once he is out of prison.

A year and a half will FLY by, even if it doesn't seem like it right now. And I think that if you wait...thats good, but that in that time dont focus too much on getting too serious too quickly, because you had just met, and how he acts in there might not be who he actually is on the outside. I would say if you are really interested, take it slow with one another, and whats meant to be will be.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:01 PM

It isnt like he is gonna get out and we are going to get married. Just fyi I dont want that to seem that case. Of course we take our time. That is all we have right now. And I dont like he is in prison bc of coure I would rather have him out here but its so good cause we can really get to know one another. I dont want anyone to think I am a stupid girl cause I am not.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:04 PM

I don't believe anyone was calling you stupid? Just saying to take caution. But if you are, then I think you have everything figured out already

Love is always a risk, whether they are in prison or not...so you are the only one who can decide you will take the jump and the risk. Only you know if it is worth it.