Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Donation Award 

Wow! I had no idea.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2011, 08:31 PM
Ride or Die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonbko View Post
Wow! I had no idea.
Yes, it is very big place, not a fan of it but what do you do....I think about over half are there for life, very sad...
Old 12-31-2011, 09:30 PM

Oh man, this is not what I wanted to see. I hope everyone's LO's are okay, including my own. ;-( I haven't heard from him since early this morning and I was wondering why... argh.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Ride or Die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifish View Post
I just found out the maximum security facility at Pollock is on lock down, 20 people were killed. I am not exactly sure what happened however my friend was just visiting at the minimum security camp and visitation was cancelled for the remainder of the weekend holiday. I am supposed to call back in an hour when hopefully things settle down some to see if they will allow visitation at the satellite camp. If anyone has any further information please let me know, and if i hear anything else I will post. God Bless the families of their loved ones today, what horrible news!
regards,
jenn
I do wanna say this and I am not trying to come off mean or disrespectful, but unless you know the full facts, I think that posting something like this was not necessary....I feel that things were waaaaay over reacted and worrying all of us was not necessary either....I am sure your intentions were not to worry anyone, but I think that you did, a lot more than you planned on...Pollock is not a "playful" place nor is it something to start rumors about....I got maybe 4 hours of sleep, due to this information! All I ask is please next time make sure that you have full details, before posting, or at least lets not go to the extreme like this, that is all I ask, a lot of us in here have guys that are at the Max and the last that we need is to be worried like this, and stressed more than we are now...That is all I have to say on this....
Old 01-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennkadyn
I do wanna say this and I am not trying to come off mean or disrespectful, but unless you know the full facts, I think that posting something like this was not necessary....I feel that things were waaaaay over reacted and worrying all of us was not necessary either....I am sure your intentions were not to worry anyone, but I think that you did, a lot more than you planned on...Pollock is not a "playful" place nor is it something to start rumors about....I got maybe 4 hours of sleep, due to this information! All I ask is please next time make sure that you have full details, before posting, or at least lets not go to the extreme like this, that is all I ask, a lot of us in here have guys that are at the Max and the last that we need is to be worried like this, and stressed more than we are now...That is all I have to say on this....
And with that said do u have the real story or any facts

~1 DAY N A WAKE UP TIL SENTENCING~
Old 01-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Ride or Die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANDI.LICIOUS View Post
And with that said do u have the real story or any facts

No, I don't and that is the point...Pretty sure if there were 20 killed it would have been on the news or online somewhere, that was all I was stating...So not sure on what you were wanting or asking, but I hope you have a great day!
Old 01-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
No, I don't and that is the point...Pretty sure if there were 20 killed it would have been on the news or online somewhere, that was all I was stating...So not sure on what you were wanting or asking, but I hope you have a great day!
I'm not sure about the op but ppl who were there have said something happened not sure 20 ppl died which is where I understand ur frustration but something obviously happened...thanx BTW hope u have a WONDERFUL 2012

Old 01-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Ride or Die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANDI.LICIOUS View Post
I'm not sure about the op but ppl who were there have said something happened not sure 20 ppl died which is where I understand ur frustration but something obviously happened...thanx BTW hope u have a WONDERFUL 2012

Yes that was the frustrating part....I agree something happened, but unless I fully knew what happened I am not sure I would post something I was unsure about ya know...I would of just stated that a lock down was going to occur or something. I just felt the post was a bit drastic that was all and it is hard to take in when you read that and not knowing what is going on, it's even harder than to take it all in, which I am sure you understand....Much love to you momma!
Old 01-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes that was the frustrating part....I agree something happened, but unless I fully knew what happened I am not sure I would post something I was unsure about ya know...I would of just stated that a lock down was going to occur or something. I just felt the post was a bit drastic that was all and it is hard to take in when you read that and not knowing what is going on, it's even harder than to take it all in, which I am sure you understand....Much love to you momma!
Yea when I read 20 I freaked out too having someone at a usp is hard enough then to think ur LO may have been a victim yea drama I agree =)

Old 01-01-2012, 02:15 PM

My husband is at the max....I pray he is ok!
Old 01-01-2012, 03:10 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Hi Jenn,
Happy New Year, Just wondering if you have heard from your hubby or are they still on lockdown?? I been praying for your husband and all the others at the USP and their families... My husband is fixing to transfer out of county to a USP and they keep telling him he is going to Pollock but it's doesn't say yet on the BOP, but hearing this worries me already and he's not even out of county

Love & Prayers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennkadyn View Post

Old 01-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Ride or Die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesmnm View Post
Hi Jenn,
Happy New Year, Just wondering if you have heard from your hubby or are they still on lockdown?? I been praying for your husband and all the others at the USP and their families... My husband is fixing to transfer out of county to a USP and they keep telling him he is going to Pollock but it's doesn't say yet on the BOP, but hearing this worries me already and he's not even out of county

Love & Prayers....
No, I haven't heard anything yet, but its not uncommon to not hear from them for a few days if they are on a lockdown, that is pretty normal...I am guessing that they are still on lockdown....I would think that fights are common at any USP, more than at other lower facilities....All you can do is just keep his spirits up, every little bit helps....
Old 01-01-2012, 09:03 PM
#thereisnoMewithoutHim

If it's any consolation my Hubby told me no one was killed there but there were plenty of ambulance and co's rushing to the USP. Not sure how he found that out but I hope it makes you feel a little better.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Donation Award 

MrsMurray - I can testify that your info is correct! I saw the COs running (and let me tell you, some can't run very fast...I wanted to yell "HURRY UP! SOMETHING BAD IS HAPPENING!!"). They were running back and forth from the camp to the USP, and back again. I guess the camp is a sort of "home base" for them maybe? It's so close, it wouldn't surprise me. I also saw the ambulances, but I only saw ONE leaving with sirens on. The camp is off of lock down (they were taken off last night), and they were allowed visitors today and again tomorrow. My hubby hasn't said much about it today except that he felt like it was blown out of proportion and that the COs were preparing for the worst. Let's pray this is the case as I know many have been worried sick over this for the last 24 hours.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jacksonbko For This Useful Post:
Jennkadyn (01-02-2012), mrssmith2006 (01-01-2012), nakleo (01-01-2012)
Old 01-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

A friend of mine obtained the following information from a news reporter in Baton Rouge:

No one died. There was a fight Saturday at 11:35 a.m. among 15 inmates. Five were hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries. Four have since been returned to the prison, one remains hospitalized. No staff were injured. The prison remains on lockdown.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zelda50 For This Useful Post:
Jennkadyn (01-02-2012), mrssmith2006 (01-02-2012), VintageGirl (01-01-2012)
Old 01-01-2012, 11:50 PM

Wow no wonder I didn't hear from my friend for the last 2 days. I hope USP comes off lockdown soon and everyone hears from their loved ones soon.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:31 AM

Thanked 1,097 Times in 598 Posts

here is an article posted online http://www.wtop.com/?nid=209&sid=2690155

here is also a website, that posts lockdowns and so forth - however I don't believe it's always up to date time wise, sometimes may take days for things to show up, i haven't looked at this particular site in several yrs, but here's the link anyways http://www.cpl33.info/id33.html
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lovemipapi For This Useful Post:
Jennkadyn (01-02-2012), mallafri (01-02-2012), rodrose (01-02-2012), VintageGirl (01-02-2012)
Old 01-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Donation Award 

Can the title of this thread be edited in any way?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacksonbko For This Useful Post:
Jennkadyn (01-02-2012), Zelda50 (01-02-2012)
Old 01-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonbko
Can the title of this thread be edited in any way?
Just find a mod online

~20 HOURS TIL SENTENCING~
Old 01-02-2012, 06:39 PM

Has anyone heard anything more?
Old 01-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Ride or Die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciaflk View Post
Has anyone heard anything more?
Nothing more than what is posted...I am guessing that since it was a Holiday today, that they will be let out tomorrow that is my guess, but we shall see...
Old 01-02-2012, 10:33 PM
his Peanut Butter

Well I came in here trying tonfind out whatvwas going on now I'm freaking out. As soon as I hear anything unwilling post I hope you all do the same.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Donation Award 

Don't freak out! It wasn't as bad as originally thought. No one was injured to the point of death, and I don't think many injuries were considered serious. My husband said the max is still on LD, but I'll let y'all know if I hear anything else.
The Following User Says Thank You to jacksonbko For This Useful Post:
VintageGirl (01-03-2012)
Old 01-03-2012, 07:48 AM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,206 Times in 2,544 Posts

I changed the title of this thread to reflect the actual events at the facility. As a reminder, please do not post information like this unless you can cite factual information (newspaper link, news TV link, etc.). Something like this can cause undo stress to families of those at a facility.

Here is a link to the actual events of the facility:

US prison in N. Louisiana on lockdown after fights

Last edited by MiniMoose; 01-03-2012 at 07:55 AM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MiniMoose For This Useful Post:
Jennkadyn (01-03-2012), mrssmith2006 (01-03-2012), patchouli (01-03-2012), sidewalker (01-03-2012), stayin'down (01-03-2012)
Old 01-03-2012, 10:04 AM
his Peanut Butter

Still have not heard anything BLAHHHHH I hate this.