Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: would you let your mate tke a year to do nothing?
yes why not 22 9.17%
no 3months maybe 51 21.25%
Heck NO! 148 61.67%
not a year but 6months 19 7.92%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2011, 04:45 PM

me and tha boo talked about this not to long ago i made it clear then that he had 2 maybe 3 months tops to find a LEGIT job be it MacDonald or something else cuz lil money is better than no money cuz aint no way in hell that after holding everything dwn for 3 yrs that ima let u get out and i still have to do it i mean I AINT SAYING IM A GOLD DIGGER BUT............... LOL

In It Til Tha Casket Drops
***I Love Him So Much***
He's
My Knight In Thug Attire
He's My Best friend

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2011, 02:01 PM

Yeah right. Over my dead body. Girl dont let him play these mind games with you. Put his ass to work
Old 11-14-2011, 08:49 PM

Right he's already doin nothin!! Wen he comes home he owes it to you to work his butt off and sum!! he's not in the army he's in prison he should have more than enough energy to want to come home in go straight in support mode! Girl don't let him trick you into taking care him inside and out!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:57 AM

Maybe you shoukd be the one with a year off. If you told him I have a feeling he wont like the idea. if you dont get it then why should he. Just my thoughts

Sent from my HUAWEI-M835 using PrisonTalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheRomeros For This Useful Post:
heartbreak (11-21-2011), nimuay (11-21-2011)
Old 11-20-2011, 09:09 PM

UH NO!!! My husband would never do that, although or kids will be grown when he comes home, we have things to do...retirement and what not. Sheez he's been on a break already, we should be able to kick back and relax since we've been holding it down without them.
The Following User Says Thank You to 100%Hiz For This Useful Post:
heartbreak (11-21-2011)
Old 11-20-2011, 09:11 PM

We've been planning for that anyway. We put away money for a business that will allow him to meet the conditions of probation without involving employers and still enjoy being home.
The Following User Says Thank You to 100%Hiz For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (01-20-2012)
Old 11-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Love Conquers All!

I'm sorry but say that again he wanna do what. If he wanna do that tell him can go back to prison if he wanna have moree time and relax. It's time to get on get it mode.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:19 PM

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts

We are planning on saving so neither of us has to work and time can be spent on travel, each other, etc. for how long we don't know. Maybe buy a sailboat and sail forever. My son will be grown and I'll be too old to have kids. He was self employed before and will do that somewhat again.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Missing my Husband deeply

hell I don't know when my husband is coming home but even so I already have him a job lined up. He has sat on his azz in there while i bust mine. I think we deserve to sit on our azz and do nothing why they bust there making up time.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:48 PM
HisBlueDiamond

umm no if anything I AM taking a time out! I have been the one working 2 jobs taking care of our girls and making sure he is taken care of... sorry but on this one I'd have to snap out if he ever said some mess like that to me! Fortunately mine understands all this and has told me when he gets home he wants me to be able to relax a little and he's gonna do all he can to take as many burdens from me as he can

Old 01-18-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremrzC View Post
O goodness here goes another thread lol. Well Von & Myself have discussed our future together on many occasions from careers to how many children we will have. Von wants me to birth 2kids while he is still incarcerated and 1 more when he comes home. He ALSO wants to take a year to himself to relax and do nothing and readjust to outside life. My problem with this is with me supposedly havin all these kids you want to stay home all whole year doing nothing WTF!? I could deal with a few months of him lounging around but a YEAR no way I refuse to bust my ass working and payn bills while he's chills and does nothing !

Would you let your man tke a year to "readjust" ?

I'm I reading this correct? Your man wants you to have sex with other men and get pregnant 2x while he's in jail? And then he wants to come home and sit around for a year?

Last edited by BerryBad; 01-18-2012 at 03:31 PM..
Old 01-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryBad View Post
I'm I reading this correct? Your man wants you to have sex with other men and get pregnant 2x while he's in jail? And then he wants to come home and sit around for a year?
Sleep with other men & get pregnant?!? Where that come from lol we are getn married next year so they will be his kids & he has changed his idiotic thoughts since this thread was made
Old 01-18-2012, 09:20 PM

Thanked 1,096 Times in 598 Posts

yay he changed his mind!!

I think berrybad is not understanding how you'd get prego since he's in jail...I'm assuming you will get family visits where he's at?

i have to say i did lol bout his wanting to take a yr off to chill! WOW! but anyways he changed his mind! My guy is so ready to start working and is frustrated that he's not working yet and he only left prison recently not even full 3 weeks yet and is in hwh which limits how much time he can rlly spend job hunting! he's so frustrated right now! i feel so bad that he's goin thru so much to get a job and it jus made me crack up that there are other's out there that's locked up that wnana come home and chill for months n months - maybe a few days or whatever but dang! He didnt even chill anytime to adjust - he jus wanna get a job! his chilling is FORCED cuz he can only leave so long! he hate's it that they restrict so much of his time out to look for a job! While he's very happy to be able to have time out to look for a job he jus hates how it's done, 4hrs on a pass, while time spent on a frikkin bus to get from place a to b and so forth wasting up a good portion of his 4hrs plus his travel time back!
now we still wait for a move!!!!
i love n miss mi papi like crazy!
Old 01-19-2012, 11:58 PM

I wouldn't accept that. I'm not the type of woman who tells my man what to do, but I wouldn't accept him telling me, "Hey, I'm just going to relax and rest for an entire year and not contribute to our relationship because I feel like I deserve a break." He should want better than that for himself and for me. Also, I don't see myself being attracted to a man who isn't a go-getter who wants to take care of himself. When my man was on the run from the law, he didn't have a job, but he did hustle and make money. He's been through times where he just had nothing on the horizon and I don't fault him for the circumstances but that's different. It's different to not be ABLE to work and to choose not to work. A real man will choose to work, that's one of the main attributes of a real man - hard work.
Now, if he wants to come home and lounge around for a few weeks or a month or whatever, that's cool. But my man already has everything set up to be back on the grind four days after he returns. Last time he was in prison, he came back and took like 2 weeks of relaxing and adjusting, and then another 2 weeks searching to get a job and a side-hustle. I thought that was reasonable.

The Following User Says Thank You to BadGrlGoneGood For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (01-20-2012)
Old 01-20-2012, 12:52 AM

No way in hell would I allow that! Now maybe if your man is independently wealthy and doesn't need to work but even then doing nothing would getting boring.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:26 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Hell no. My husband better have a job within a week. I've worked two jobs the whole time he's been locked up to keep up our way of life for our kids. But this would not be a problem, he hates that I send him money now. No way would my husband allow me to work while he sat around and "readjusted"!! fuck outta here!!

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Old 01-20-2012, 09:26 AM
in it 4 eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinezWifey
Hell no. My husband better have a job within a week. I've worked two jobs the whole time he's been locked up to keep up our way of life for our kids. But this would not be a problem, he hates that I send him money now. No way would my husband allow me to work while he sat around and "readjusted"!! fuck outta here!!

In a WEEk?!. Lol... In this economy ?. I wouldnt go for the yr. To lay around either.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy_Bella

In a WEEk?!. Lol... In this economy ?. I wouldnt go for the yr. To lay around either.
Yep. A week. I bet he will be back to work 2 days after being home. Lol. But my hubby is a tattooist so he can pretty well work anywhere. If there is no openings he can roof. His dad owns a roofing company. There is NO reason for him to not work.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:30 PM

Thanked 1,425 Times in 886 Posts

Quote:
O goodness here goes another thread lol. Well Von & Myself have discussed our future together on many occasions from careers to how many children we will have. Von wants me to birth 2kids while he is still incarcerated and 1 more when he comes home. He ALSO wants to take a year to himself to relax and do nothing and readjust to outside life. My problem with this is with me supposedly havin all these kids you want to stay home all whole year doing nothing WTF!? I could deal with a few months of him lounging around but a YEAR no way I refuse to bust my ass working and payn bills while he's chills and does nothing !

when mine came home, he had about 3 weeks of relaxing before we opened the shop.
id be ok with a month or two of doing nothing, but not a year. i think my husband would lose his mind not working for that long.

hes been home since 12/29/09
&
off probation since 5/28/13
Old 01-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Broken Hearted

Oh hell to the no!!!! I would be done with his ass so fast it would make his head spin! My guy told me today he can/t wait till he gets out and is able to work. To me, certain things have to be on an equal level and working is one of them.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:

Wow what a fantastic offer for you (not) how could you refuse a deal like that.
I wouldnt have any children until he sorted himself out first he seems to want you to have these children in the order he wants, does he know how hard it is looking after children from babies onwards and that its a 24/7, very tiring hard job bringing up children and costs a fortune for things they need?
I would give this alot of thought before you make a rod for your own back.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:06 AM

No. just no. this would not happen.

~I live for our love and I'd die for it too~
Old 02-26-2012, 06:57 PM

Easy answer : HELL NO.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Lovin_Adam

Default a year to kick it lol

i would have laughed! im sorry but my man already knows! when you find out when you are being released you had best figure out that job situation before you get out! i am not busting my butt working and finding us a place of our own for him to come out and just be lazy! I agree with the idle hands quote too. the longer you kick it the more you may be tempted to get yourself in sticky situations!

like i say " you can shape up or SHIP out" this girl isnt an ATM!
Old 03-10-2012, 06:52 PM

Here's an idea!! How about ME taking a YEAR off when he comes home??