Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:49 PM
gachristy

Default Herlong lockdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellaboese View Post
No word. Feels like forever..I know it has only been since Thursday...but the days are dragging. Hopefully it will lift soon. With them increasing the population and splitting the yard, we are going to have to start getting use to this. Looks like it will be getting worse, before it gets better....
It does feel like forever, doesn't it??? My husband went to Herlong in May. He has done alot of state time, this is his first time in Federal prison, he's never seen anything quite like this. And now I went on that website that was posted regarding any incidents at Federal Prisons and it scares me!!! He got 63 months...boy it's going to be a long road!?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2011, 08:14 PM

Default gachristy

Federal Prison is a lot different that state prison. Most the lockdowns have been shorter... This place has changed so much in the last 8 months. They are talking about increasing the shot level, imposing fines...we went from being able to sit next to them to having the whole visiting room re arranged, and now you have to sit across from them. No contact other than the hello and goodbye. They are getting strick on the dress code. They gave a couple girls a hardtime when I was there recently. They are suppose to double the population. They are bringing in rival gangs, and there has been nothing but tension. Wait until they split the yard. I seem to pray a lot these days...worry a lot when I do not hear from him. I got a letter yesterday, and he was expecting to come off lockdown before I got it. I can not imagine what this lockdown is going to the tension in that place. I hate feeling so helpless....
Old 07-20-2011, 09:13 PM

Oh wow reading thru all these posts scares me since my man will be home in 2 months!! I hope this lockdown lets up before next week its already been a week tmrw :-(
Old 07-20-2011, 09:29 PM

I did get a letter from Jason today, he says the way theyre talking its not gonna be anytime soon for this lock down lift ladies!!!! Brace yourselves, it could be weeks!! Yikes! Thought I'd share.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:24 AM

Wow weeks huh....that's crazy. Our poor Men....I was hoping for a week lock-down but from you said Mrs. Missin' JAY...doesn't look like it . Thanks for the info
Old 07-21-2011, 07:53 PM

Smile

I don't know too much about the facility but I know visiting is no joke. Just make sure you have a few change of clothes because they look you up and down before coming in. Well atleast for me they did. Then the phone calls are only 15mins a piece and they get 300 mins a month...but you get to email his if you would like...I think if it weren't for that I would lose my mind!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:02 PM

Yea I didnt hear from my man for 2 days and I worried like hell. Wondered why he hasn't emailed me...called me...nothing. But when I browsed the Internet I found out why...lock down in regards to race. It's just so sad to me because what do they expect a bunch of men to act like all lockEd up like they have them. It's ridiculous...these facilities. Lady's just stay strong...we will need it if it's going to be weeks before they lift the lockdown. I'm worried because it's nothing for them to give out more time for the smallest thing! Lady's....hold on tight it's gonna be a ride. :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladyred0901 For This Useful Post:
Al'sFRSTLDY (07-22-2011)
Old 07-26-2011, 11:00 AM

How much longer? The lock down last year only lasted ten days! We are going on twelve. Has anybody heard anything.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:42 AM

So save your dresses, I wouldnt marry in a prison....Especially since there is no conjugal visits, thats just me! LOL
Old 07-26-2011, 03:20 PM
gachristy

Default Herlong lockdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellaboese View Post
Federal Prison is a lot different that state prison. Most the lockdowns have been shorter... This place has changed so much in the last 8 months. They are talking about increasing the shot level, imposing fines...we went from being able to sit next to them to having the whole visiting room re arranged, and now you have to sit across from them. No contact other than the hello and goodbye. They are getting strick on the dress code. They gave a couple girls a hardtime when I was there recently. They are suppose to double the population. They are bringing in rival gangs, and there has been nothing but tension. Wait until they split the yard. I seem to pray a lot these days...worry a lot when I do not hear from him. I got a letter yesterday, and he was expecting to come off lockdown before I got it. I can not imagine what this lockdown is going to the tension in that place. I hate feeling so helpless....

Why would they purposely bring rival gangs in to house with the others?! I mean talk about setting them up to fail!!! I just don't understand this!!! It's bad enough that they are in prison, but this is nuts. You'd think they'd want things to go along smoothly, I mean everyone would be a winner. The more tension, they've GOT to know that would put the guards at more of a risk also?! No logic...whatsoever!!! Prayer is all we have now!!! I'm glad we at least have a place to come and vent or can relate with each other!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 08:48 PM

Who knows why anyone does anything in that place. Does not seem to have any sound reasoning. But I don't know why you can not sit next to them in the visiting room anyways....you can't touch...so what is the big deal...just think sometimes they do it because they can.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:24 PM

I heard from my man today they let them out of lock down for an hour in a half. He said the lock down will most likely be lifted by this weekend. Yeah!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 04:26 AM
Account Closed

Default link doesnt work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride4life View Post
There is a thread name FCI Herlong Questions that I might help you. From what I heard its a new prison.

i tried the link... it doesn't work.. it said to contact the administrator
Old 07-29-2011, 04:39 AM
Account Closed

Smile Transfering to FCI HERLONG

Hey everyone,
my man is about to be transferred there i'm from Chicago he just left FCI Greenville. i see they are still on lock down hopefully he will get to his destination soon. Any recent updated info on Herlong is truly appreciated

Thanks
Old 07-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi_angel View Post
i tried the link... it doesn't work.. it said to contact the administrator
Everything about this facility is in this thread so you can go to the top and search subject in this thread. Sorry for the confusion.
The Following User Says Thank You to waiiting4him For This Useful Post:
Chi_angel (07-29-2011)
Old 08-21-2011, 09:21 PM

This is so off the topic, but is anyone going to herlong for visiting anytime soon from the bay area? I would love to go visit but dont want to travel alone..i need to get up there before it starts to get cold and snowing..thanks!!
Old 09-21-2011, 09:40 PM

Default MY BF is going to Herlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTHER OF HIM View Post
My son is at HerLong I will be happy to help in anyway I can he has been In Calf about 5 months -

Mt boyfriend is going to get sent to Herlong. I heard that you get a year off for taking the drug/alochol class in there is this true?? my bf heard it from other guys i hope its true. I live in Oregon and cant stand being away from him this long.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:35 PM

Hey Snoozeberry...My brother is @ Herlong...they sent him there from Alaska. He is doing the drug program so that he can get a year off of his sentence. That is the reason they sent him there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoozeberry View Post
Mt boyfriend is going to get sent to Herlong. I heard that you get a year off for taking the drug/alochol class in there is this true?? my bf heard it from other guys i hope its true. I live in Oregon and cant stand being away from him this long.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:38 PM

Default Hotel & Visiting Info

Ladies,

When visiting Herlong, what hotels do you stay in? Are there any close by the facility in a small town or do you commute from Reno for the weekend? If you have names of the hotels, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, when visiting what is the inprocessing procedure? do you show up and take a number or do you park to catch a bus to the facility? Visiting starts at 0800...so are you there at 0730 to get in early or how does that work? I am a regular visitor to state prison but federal seems to be different.

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:46 PM

ok places near this prison to stay are St. Francis hotel America's best inns Apple inn motel best western trailside inn Bieber motel Budget host frontier inn Dorado inn High country inn thats the list of where you can stay near by the prison hope this is what you needed good luck
Old 10-20-2011, 08:05 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachosen1 View Post
Hey Snoozeberry...My brother is @ Herlong...they sent him there from Alaska. He is doing the drug program so that he can get a year off of his sentence. That is the reason they sent him there.

Really oh wow where do u live?? yeah i guess thats why they didnt want him here in Sheridan bcs he can be home earlier..after this Program he is suppose to be home Next Sept. i cant wait. I really gotta go and visit him though.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Account Closed

Anybody from Reno that goes to Herlong?
Old 11-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Account Closed

Yeah, getting to Herlong is not an easy endeavor. Like many federal prisons it's far from urban and accessible. Sharing a ride would be great and I find meeting new people to be an added plus.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:43 AM

does anybody know when the lockdown in Herlong will be lifted or anything???
Old 11-07-2011, 10:14 PM

Default Herlong Lockdown

Last one that was race related lasted 18 days. They probably have another week..