Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:57 AM

My Fiance is going to be transfered to herlong can anyone provide more information on this prison?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2010, 12:49 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin4reggie View Post
My Fiance is going to be transfered to herlong can anyone provide more information on this prison?
My son is at HerLong I will be happy to help in anyway I can he has been In Calf about 5 months -
Old 03-15-2010, 10:07 AM

Default FCI Herlong CA not the camp

My boyfriend is being transferred to Herlong and any info someone may have would be helpful. Would like to know about programs, classes, food, rec, gangs ??, and how is the staff?

Thanks,
Beth
Old 03-16-2010, 09:37 PM
*****man's Wife

Default Herlong

My husband is in Herlong, it seems to be okay but gangs are there. He said they hang out with their kind so if you don't mess with them they ususally don't mess with you. He said the food is okay, he just started classes for realestate. He hasn't said much about the guards so they must be okay. Reach out if you need to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth423 View Post
My boyfriend is being transferred to Herlong and any info someone may have would be helpful. Would like to know about programs, classes, food, rec, gangs ??, and how is the staff?

Thanks,
Beth
Old 03-17-2010, 10:44 AM

Default Thanks

Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Donation Award 

My son is at Herlong FCI... He said it's ok ?
Old 05-25-2010, 09:22 PM

Default FCI Herlong

Hey All,

I'll be going to FCI Herlong June 18-20 leaving from Los Angeles. If anyone is interested in carpooling and splitting the costs 50-50 please PM me.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:35 AM
Unconditional Love 4 Son

I wish I were even that close! I am in TN..My son just got to the medium facility last month out of hell hole Beaumont, Texas. The people at Herlong CA can't understand why the new inmates coming in from Beaumont are so happy there! Well, except they have some kinks to work out there tho. My son yet has to get into that class as promised, but at least it was finally approved. The drug class, etc. Maybe for an early release, if there is such a thing for federal? yea right..Thanks..
Old 05-30-2010, 08:22 PM

Aww me too! I want to see my loved one, but I'm dreading the drive..I'm looking at aleast 7-8 hours ....could be worse though. I haven't heard anything good about Beaumont, but have read a few posts on here about Herlong and that it seems to be a little bit better...food is better, etc. I hope things work out for your son and that you might be able to visit him soon or that he'll be home soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gale38127 View Post
I wish I were even that close! I am in TN..My son just got to the medium facility last month out of hell hole Beaumont, Texas. The people at Herlong CA can't understand why the new inmates coming in from Beaumont are so happy there! Well, except they have some kinks to work out there tho. My son yet has to get into that class as promised, but at least it was finally approved. The drug class, etc. Maybe for an early release, if there is such a thing for federal? yea right..Thanks..
Old 05-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Unconditional Love 4 Son

Default FCI Herlong

I heard also that they can take college classes if they have at least two years to go. Id like to find more FCI people here as well. Thanks! Gale
Old 08-21-2010, 10:10 PM

Default FCI Herlong Questions

My husband is in FCI Herlong. He was sent there in March. We live in NC. I do not understand why they would send him all the way across the country, Isn't there a rule about that?? Then when he was arrested in April 09, we were not married. We married about 2 months after his arrest. He was sentenced to 10yrs in March 10. When I put in for visit, I filled out the immediate family form and sent it in, they denied me, stating that the PSI said I was his girlfriend and not family. After weeks of trying to get someone there, I was told to resubmit the information along with proof of our marriage. I did that about 3 weeks ago, and now they say his counselor has changed and he is out of the office for about a month.WTF...

How Can I get him back to the east coast? and How can I get a visit? Any suggestions would be appreciated...I feel so helpless.

Thank you
Old 08-22-2010, 01:19 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

You can't get him back to the east coast. He can request a transfer closer at his next unit team meeting but usually he has to be there for 18 months with clear conduct before they'll consider a transfer.

Your husband should find out who is filling in for his counselor - or go to the unit manager - to see about getting your visit application approved without waiting a month. Let him handle it to begin with.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:17 PM

Question First day....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaKimmy View Post
My husband is at Herlong right now, he has been there since July of 07, I use to go up every other weekend but have stopped it now because of the Staff. My husband was one of the first set of inmates to be transfered there. what would you like to know about the prison
Today was my man's first day at Herlong Satellite/Min Security Prison. I don't know what to expect. I can't seem to find any information telling me how long it will be before I can visit him. I'm curious what you mean that you stopped going to visit because of the "Staff"..
Old 09-12-2010, 08:07 PM

Unhappy Hello

I came upon this website when trying to find something about the lock down at Herlong FCI. My husband is incarcerated there. I'm concerned that I have not heard from him since 9/6. How long can they lock the facility down.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:17 PM

I wonder if she meant Staph (like maybe there was something going around)...it's highly possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynda Lou View Post
Today was my man's first day at Herlong Satellite/Min Security Prison. I don't know what to expect. I can't seem to find any information telling me how long it will be before I can visit him. I'm curious what you mean that you stopped going to visit because of the "Staff"..
Old 09-13-2010, 11:19 PM

Well I guess I can stop bugging my loved one about transferring to Victorville or T.I. He's only been there since January 2010 and after the big fight last weekend...he'll be lucky if they don't send him to a USP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda50 View Post
You can't get him back to the east coast. He can request a transfer closer at his next unit team meeting but usually he has to be there for 18 months with clear conduct before they'll consider a transfer.

Your husband should find out who is filling in for his counselor - or go to the unit manager - to see about getting your visit application approved without waiting a month. Let him handle it to begin with.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:51 AM

Hello my man is there too. You may have already heard from your husband by now. I still have not heard from my man.:-( I know he is okay now.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:56 AM

Hello,

As far as I know the lockdown is over. I heard from my loved one by email and by phone and he was right in the middle of everything that went on. He emailed me yesterday and told me that he was outside playing basketball all day...so if they were locked down, he wouldn't have been outside. He's called a few times as well...he's in the RDAP unit if that makes a difference, and that's were the fight started so if anybody were to still be locked down, it would be that unit. I'm not sure what to tell you...I hope you hear from your husband soon. They can get and receive mail so that never stopped...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaMc View Post
I came upon this website when trying to find something about the lock down at Herlong FCI. My husband is incarcerated there. I'm concerned that I have not heard from him since 9/6. How long can they lock the facility down.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:58 AM
muyas wife

hi and welcome to p.t.o.

my soulmate is now home!!
Old 09-23-2010, 03:00 PM
linda

Default Uncomfortable visit...

Hello. I visited my fiance this past weekend for the first time @ Herlong.
He had been @ FCI Dublin before they transfered him there. I had not seen him for a month. The drive to Herlong is about 5 hours for me. It is definately a long drive, especilaly for our 1year baby boy.
I was so happy to see him & give him a big hug.

During our visit, there were 2 female CO's that were focused on just watching us. (at least it seemed that way). They were both continuously telling my finance to not sit/stand or even get too close to me. Geez, it was ridiculous & embarrassing. I know for a fact that we were not breaking any of the regulations. It kind of seemed that they think the inmates are their (men). Total power trip.

It really made our visit somewhat uncomfortable. As much as I miss my fiance. I dont think I want to deal with those 2 females CO's & their power trip.

Has anyone else experienced the same treatment as we did?
Old 09-24-2010, 11:16 AM

Hello,

I'm glad that you were able to visit your fiance. I wish my drive was 5 hours...it's 7-8 so believe me I understand, but being able to visit with your loved one makes it all seem worth it. To answer your question, when I went there were no female CO's in the visiting room either day. Saturday was more relaxed than Sunday...they seemed to be concerned about what they were looking at on the computer and didn't really bother any of us in the visiting room. Sunday was a different crew...they seemed to be paying more attention, but still let people enjoy their visits for the most part. Sounds like the female CO's were on one last weekend...don't sit or stand too close...what did they want you guys to do...when you can't even move the chairs the way they have them set up ..you're kinda forced to sit next to each other. Don't let them discourage you from visiting your fiance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lduran View Post
Hello. I visited my fiance this past weekend for the first time @ Herlong.
He had been @ FCI Dublin before they transfered him there. I had not seen him for a month. The drive to Herlong is about 5 hours for me. It is definately a long drive, especilaly for our 1year baby boy.
I was so happy to see him & give him a big hug.

During our visit, there were 2 female CO's that were focused on just watching us. (at least it seemed that way). They were both continuously telling my finance to not sit/stand or even get too close to me. Geez, it was ridiculous & embarrassing. I know for a fact that we were not breaking any of the regulations. It kind of seemed that they think the inmates are their (men). Total power trip.

It really made our visit somewhat uncomfortable. As much as I miss my fiance. I dont think I want to deal with those 2 females CO's & their power trip.

Has anyone else experienced the same treatment as we did?
Old 09-29-2010, 11:36 AM

I went to see my guy for the first time last month he is in herlong. I was so nervous because I didnt know what was aloud I was so afraid of getting him in trouble I could'nt enjoy our visit. I didnt see any femal co's.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:51 PM
linda

Default release intenary

Does anyone know at what time FCI Herlong release inmates & do the drive them to the bus station in Reno,Nv?
Old 02-16-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lduran View Post
Does anyone know at what time FCI Herlong release inmates & do the drive them to the bus station in Reno,Nv?
I don't know what time they are released, but they do drive them to the greyhound bus station in Reno.

My Ex-boyfriend was released from there October 2008 and I'm trying to remember what time he called me to tell me to leave....(I live in Sacramento) I'm pretty sure it was around noon though.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynda Lou View Post
I don't think VanillaKimmy is on the site anymore, her boyfriend/husband was released; but I private message'd her and asked her, but I don't quite remember her response.

When I use to visit I didn't have any problems with the staff, all the guards were cool EXCEPT for one. He sent my then boyfriend to the hole for one month for being aroused.
From then on whenever that guard was doing the visitation, I wouldn't come down. And my guy told me that every time they had a "shake down" that guard would come straight to his room first.
I don't know what that guard's problem was with him.

But for the most part I enjoyed my time visiting Herlong, and my guy was in the camp.