Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:41 AM

Default Lockdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmalarie View Post
Does anyone know if FCI GILMER is on lockdown? I know that there have been several fights on A4 this week and I haven't heard from my husband since this afternoon. Just curious if anyone has heard anything. I am worried.
yes I read this on a web site....At 7:30p.m., approximately 100 gang member inmates jumped approximately 20 gang rival inmates with rocks, horseshoes, fists, and boots in the recreation yard. One officer was hit in the face with a rock, but he continued working. DCT was activated. Five inmates are in the hospital. One inmate was beaten severely with a horseshoe and isn't critical condition. The institution is on lock down status.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2010, 09:42 AM

Does anyone know how long they stay on lockdown for this stuff?
Old 09-27-2010, 01:03 PM

My boyfriend will be there 2 years this Oct and the longest that I can remember that they were on lockdown at Gilmer is about 10 or 12 days, but I know that some of the federal prisons can be on lockdown for months. I hope that doesn't happen!
Old 09-27-2010, 02:01 PM

Default SCP Gilmer: Need Info

I am reporting to SCP Gilmer on Wed can anyone give me some advice and what it is like?
Old 09-27-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok15241 View Post
I am reporting to SCP Gilmer on Wed can anyone give me some advice and what it is like?
My boyfriend just got moved there (FCI) today. He heard it was pretty OK, but there was just a HUGE gang fight (I think at the FCI) last week and it's been on lockdown. Go to the BOP website to check it out. You can read the handbook and other stuff.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj9429 View Post
My boyfriend will be there 2 years this Oct and the longest that I can remember that they were on lockdown at Gilmer is about 10 or 12 days, but I know that some of the federal prisons can be on lockdown for months. I hope that doesn't happen!
I know! They just moved my boyfriend today. I sent him money this afternoon, I'm mailing my first letter to him tomorrow and today I mailed my visiting form up there as well. I know, I heard I'm SUPPOSED to mail it to his counselor, but I figured it couldn't hurt to send it "Re: Visitation Information Form". It's got all his info, they know who to route it too. I want to hopefully get approved by Friday so I can go see if Saturday if the lockdown is over. I know, I keep high hopes. But I am blessed and highly favored.

Last edited by 1stAndLastTime; 09-27-2010 at 06:18 PM..
Old 09-27-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj9429 View Post
Thanks hes only been there since may and they have only been on lockdown for a day this is the longest I hope its not long..Can they still get mail?
Old 09-27-2010, 08:03 PM
family -cradle to grave
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,351 Times in 704 Posts
Default fci gilmer

Yes Gilmer is lockedown I read it was 120 inmates involved. So lockdown may last for a few weeks. that mens no commissary no emails or calls and no visits. . Possible no mail All meals in your cell. They activated DCT That is a disturbance control team to restore order. Not all of the prison is involved but all will pay the price of a few. It is not a bad place my grandson tells me. There are gangs there but mainly they dont create much trouble. This is the first serious lockdown in a year. There have been short lockdowns but nothing of this extent.since 2009.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donazerozero View Post
Yes Gilmer is lockedown I read it was 120 inmates involved. So lockdown may last for a few weeks. that mens no commissary no emails or calls and no visits. . Possible no mail All meals in your cell. They activated DCT That is a disturbance control team to restore order. Not all of the prison is involved but all will pay the price of a few. It is not a bad place my grandson tells me. There are gangs there but mainly they dont create much trouble. This is the first serious lockdown in a year. There have been short lockdowns but nothing of this extent.since 2009.
Crap. Why the heck did this have to happen right when my guy got sent there. Well, guess I just have to be patient until I hear from him.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:42 AM
family -cradle to grave
Donation Award 

Default fci gilmer

I called today. They are restoring order but it takes time. They are answering phones so that is good. Also there is mail going in and out. but no phones or email yet. All inmates are locked down 24 7
Old 09-28-2010, 12:22 PM
family -cradle to grave
Donation Award 

Default gilmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok15241 View Post
We all will pray for u and may your stay be short and uneventfull. God bless
Old 09-28-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donazerozero View Post
I called today. They are restoring order but it takes time. They are answering phones so that is good. Also there is mail going in and out. but no phones or email yet. All inmates are locked down 24 7
Goodness gracious! This is so bad for him. He HATES lock down, especially because he NEVER causes any trouble. At the last place he was the COs just loved him. They wave and smile when the see him. He gets so bummed that other people's wrongs get him punished. But, then again, maybe that will be more fuel for him to stay the heck out of there!
Old 09-29-2010, 07:14 AM

Default HELP! - FCI Gilmer - Someone post as soon as you hear...

Could someone please post as soon as you hear the lockdown is lifted at FCI Gilmer?

My bf was taken there on Monday in the midst of this gang fight lockdown. Poor thing, he has to start off his sentence without being able to use the phone or email or even get commissary. Probably can't even write unless his cellmate is cool and loans him some supplies and a stamp.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:41 AM

my son wz transfered to Gilmer and did not call me, shouldn't they have allowed one call? This is new to me and thanks to this site I can get sum info, if section A is fightinf does that mean the whole place is on lock down, what kinda gangs are fighting ? thanks ! to anyone that can answer
Old 09-30-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmalarie View Post
Does anyone know if FCI GILMER is on lockdown? I know that there have been several fights on A4 this week and I haven't heard from my husband since this afternoon. Just curious if anyone has heard anything. I am worried.
My husband is in Gilmer as well and have not heared from him in days as well. Where can you find info on this.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:47 AM

I read that Gilmer is on lockdown and has been since sept 23,2010 and some inmates were injured. I have been calling down there, and as usual they dont want to answer calls. So I will be on edge until my husband calls home which will give me some assurance. I know he isnt apart of the activity that went on, but i just hate for him to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:58 AM

Default Fci gilmer

Is there anyone on here from Cleveland Ohio with a loved one at FCI Gilmer.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heem's Wife View Post
Well, I'm not from Ohio, but my bf is in Gilmer.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:21 PM

I emailed some questions yesterday afternoon and haven't gotten a response either. I haven't talked to him since Sunday when he was still in holdever in Ohio. I heard mail goes in and out, but he just got there so he didn't get a chance to order anything. I understand it's prison for them, but why do they have to make it prison for us. They could at least give us some info. I'm most worried because I want to make sure he's getting water. At the state jail he said the juice was like syrup and when he was in the hole (case of mistaken identity; he was vindicated), all he got was that juice and coffee. He was so dehydrated!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:23 PM

I recieved a letter from Gilmer yesterday saying they r on lockdown and have been since Friday evening. Hope I helped.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:33 PM

Default FCI Gilmer Lockdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heem's Wife View Post
I'm not from Cleveland but my son is in Gilmer. Have you gotten any mail this week?
Old 09-30-2010, 06:40 PM

Default FCI Gilmer Lockdown

Are prisoners ever denied mail during a lockdown? Our son always maintains contact with us but we haven't received any mail and lockdown has been going on for a week and counting. Has anyone received mail from Gilmer this weeK? Thanks..and the best to you all...
Old 09-30-2010, 08:01 PM

I read in another post where someone did.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:43 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatin777 View Post
Are prisoners ever denied mail during a lockdown? Our son always maintains contact with us but we haven't received any mail and lockdown has been going on for a week and counting. Has anyone received mail from Gilmer this weeK? Thanks..and the best to you all...
no contact her .....angry
Old 09-30-2010, 09:43 PM

here