Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,441 Times in 801 Posts

ripped soul...

can you elaborate on what kind of things your son has been dealing with at la tuna please? they are serious accusations and warrant attention and should be remedied as soon as possible.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Donation Award 

I just visited there in Sept. it was not that bad. I CO's I encountered over the eight days I visited from 8:00-3:00 were business like and they were not unpleasant at all. When they had to speak to an inmate for doing something they or their visitor we not allowed to be doing, they did so in a polite way. I never got the feeling they were abusive in any way. Of course I do not know what goes on behind closed doors. But remember it is low security and no one wants to see a loved one lose that rating and go up to a medium or max security prison because of causing B.S. so all things being considered, I came away from La Tuna feeling it is not as bad as it could be or that others are. It is not a Hilton and yes things could be better especially if some common sense were used by all. But there are always the ones who make it tough on everyone because they have to see how far the rules can be pushed. I must say the pissiest attitudes I saw was on the part of some female visitors toward the CO's. right or wrong, that is what I observed in the visiting times I was there.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greyhorse For This Useful Post:
aba (12-07-2009), chanjo419 (01-31-2010), STL girl (12-11-2009)
Old 12-08-2009, 12:42 PM

Can you smoke in federal prison?
Old 12-12-2009, 09:03 PM

Default What La Tuna is doing to my son ...

Hi Aba,

I have not been actively involved with this site and I regret that fact. I am learning how to navigate my way around here. I have no idea how my post ended up here, but in searching links to the La Tuna facility, I ended up here and saw my post and yours, Aba. I don't want to scare anyone, but I think you all should be prepared as should your loved ones. Things are VERY bad for my son. La Tuna has been a nightmare for me (on the outside) and can only imagine how it is for my son If this is "Low", I can't imagine what "Medium" and "High" are like.

Where do I start?

Before my son went to La Tuna, he was a strong, healthy and fit man. Now he is in horrible shape. My son sent me his medical reports, as he has had enough and I need to help him. He sent me a letter a week ago that said he is being sexually assaulted. I pray that they let him see a doctor so it could be recorded. He had 2 reports of back injury a few months ago. It said also that he had a bite! He was scared at that time to tell me more. He was bruised up and knocked around in the past, as well. If they let you go to the doctor, it seems that sometimes there are doctors in the medical facility and sometimes you have non-MDs who are incompetant idiots. 2 days before my son was rushed to emergency they said he was faking being dizzy. My son sent me the emergency report which stated that he now has a chronic illness that can cause him to go into a coma and die! They act like the guards don't have a clue what is wrong with him and they write him up when he can't stand or do heavy manual labor.

I am not trying to scare anyone. I just want you to be prepared if you should be victimized. I am not sure if it is a racial thing. Most of the guards and inmates are Hispanic. My son is not Hispanic and has been subjected to racial slurs by the C.O.s.

My advice is to write up EVERYTHING with all the details (dates, times, etc.) and send it in according to the bureaucratic process that they have (BP9, BP10 and BP11), make copies of these reports and try to send them to your loved ones. If you report assault by the Correction Officers, they will put you in solitary confinement (the "hole" or the "SHU") until the investigation is done. They say "it is for your protection". Ya sure, the C.O. has access to you in there. I think they put you there as a form of torture, until you will retract your allegations, but we shall see. This is why so many just take it and don't report it. If it is not investigated by the Department of Justice and the ACLU, it will continue.

One or two people will not make the waves strong enough for anyone to take this seriously. Some changes have been made in some facilities, but it takes a lot of complaints. I suggest you make a list of contacts and forms to have sent to you from your loved ones, eg. addresses to Warden (Braggs), Regional and Central BOP, who will likely do nothing, but you have to follow the process. However, you may get further with the Texas ACLU, U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division - CRIPA, etc. Google all this now and print out what you need for someone you can count on to send to you when you go in. Give all these resources to any advocates you have on the outside. It would not hurt to find a good "post conviction" attorney! Apparently that is a specialty that your pre-conviction attorney will not handle.

I can't find out much about my son, even though he has signed a BOP "Authorization for Release of Information" to me and he gave me a notarized power of attorney. He is on phone restriction for 10 months, for minor offenses (eg. not following orders to get to work when he is feeling faint, from his newly diagnosed physical illness from when he was rushed to the Hosptial Emergency). They say he can write to me. That is a very slow torturous (for me) way to communicate with my son. It must be so much worse for him.

This is all very new to me and I am reaching out to those who have more experience to direct me and help me with this process. I invite them to participate and correct me, if I am wrong about any advice that I am sharing.

I pray that others with similar experiences will contact me anonymously here. My name here is "Ripped Soul". Report this all, so that it will stop!

Now I must go back to work on trying to help my son. BTW, if anyone has the name of a really good post sentence attorney and/or a good civil rights attorney, please give me their information

It appears that the ACLU may be helping. I will keep you all updated.

I pray that we can change this nightmare for my son and other victims of the system.

RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aba_in_elpaso View Post
ripped soul...

can you elaborate on what kind of things your son has been dealing with at la tuna please? they are serious accusations and warrant attention and should be remedied as soon as possible.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:35 PM

Default That's what they say when to us ...

when they are on phone restriction, too. Write and tell him to write you back and let you know why he hasn't called you.

Write to him at
His name and Reg # go here FCI La Tuna
Federal Correction Institution
P.O. Box 3000
Anthony, New Mexico 88021 .

You can get postal money orders for the phone and send them to:
His name and Reg # go here
Post Office Box 474701
Des Moines, Iowa 50947-0001

Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ1973 View Post
My son was a SS to LaTuna on Sept.24. I have not heard from him. I have called there. The guard told me he can't understand why my son has not called. Then said to me maybe he doesn't want to talk to you. His name is Robert anyone know anything? Thank you for your help.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Donation Award 

Default Can you Smoke in Federal Prison?

No it is not allowed nor are the visitors.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:45 PM

my dad is in la tuna and i would like to know if there are anyways we can get extra visiting points, my family do not live in the states and when we visit we hope that we will be able to spend more time with him.

Last edited by yuannedaine; 12-15-2009 at 09:46 PM..
Old 12-15-2009, 11:35 PM

Hi Yuannedaine,

I am sorry, but I can't help you with this question. You have to be careful to not touch money or other things, as the scanners are sensitive and can prohibit some from getting in. There are posts about that in here. If they have lock down you can't get in. I would say to give yourself more time there, in case there is some sort of adversity.

Good luck. Do let us know how it goes. Everything may be fabulous and you will be able to send quality time with your dad

RS
The Following User Says Thank You to RippedSoul For This Useful Post:
aba (12-15-2009)
Old 12-16-2009, 01:51 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,379 Times in 4,637 Posts

Yuanne - Your inmate should requst, in advance, extra points by writing a cop-out (written request) to his counselor. He should explain the dates you wish to visit and where you are traveling from. If the counselor approves it, he/she can send a written memo to the visiting staff. Your son might also ask for a copy of the memo, to mail to you and, if he does that, you should bring it with you so you have it if the visiting staff say they "don't know anything about it." Z.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zelda50 For This Useful Post:
RippedSoul (12-16-2009)
Old 12-16-2009, 06:14 AM
Donation Award 

My son has been there since May 09. I went to visit the end of Sept and the first weekend of Oct.09. He said it is laid back as everyone there knows the next stop is out. It is a low facility and for the most part they know if they cause trouble they will be sent back to Ok. for redesignation for a higher level of prison. There is always a few that keep things stirred up but he says they do not last long. I found the guards to be by the book but they also showed heart and took some garbage from some of the visitors that should never of happened. They took it in stride and ignored it. At the end of the eight days I left feeling a lot better than when I got there. We all imagine the worse, but was so relieved to find it was not that way. Do not get me wrong it is still a prison but I found some compassion on the CO's part. I also encountered CO"s that were by far at the other end of the scale. My son said most every one stays out of his radar. I found the Co's that handled visiting to be polite and I also saw the no nonsense part when the visitors would try to pull things over on them and also chose to try and stretch the rules there is a few in every bunch. The chip on their shoulder showed up big time for who knows why. A few were not admitted because of what they were wearing and the rules clearly stated what was okay and what was not. And these were regular visitors so they knew better. Every one made a point to sit else where as the CO's had an eye on them the whole time and had to speak to them frequently. I keep money on my sons books and he has had not one problem so far, he says you mind your own business and it will be okay a far as a prison goes. The phones do get locked if something happens like someone took som body else's chocolate chip cookie so they all loose the use of the phones for a while. Usually that is it but it happens more often than not. But it gets the point across and after a few days to a week they get them back. I found that out while I was there, even though the phones were off they were still able to have their visits. Thank God, as I drove almost 2000 miles from Wa. State. What a crushing feeling it would have been if all had lost their visits to. the medical care there sucks, my son has a chronic illness and the treatment he is supposed to have and he what he receives are tow different animals for sure.That is my biggest concern of anything there. His illness is nothing to mess with, god help the inmates with the same illness, diabetics need constant montering and that does not happen. My son knows what to do if his blood sugars get out of control, medical help is not there all the time.

Last edited by greyhorse; 12-16-2009 at 06:21 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to greyhorse For This Useful Post:
Jimster (07-21-2010)
Old 12-24-2009, 08:38 AM

Hi,
I sent a letter to an inmate in FCI la tuna, according to Fedex, it had arrived on friday (18 dec) but he has not received it yet, is it because of the holiday season, or is the mailing process just very slow? Please answer, thanks
Old 12-26-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jel'sGirl View Post
My husband has been at La Tuna FCI Low for nearly 6 months now. I was finally able to visit him 8/1. He is doing well. Our biggest problem is that the mail delivery in & out of the facility has been very slow. I get his outgoing mail anywhere from 1 week to 10 days after he has written it. All the letters are posted at the prison on different days, but they don't get to the post office for nearly a week or more. He has also just mentioned that the commissary at La Tuna is down for the next 3 weeks, also for "inventory", whatever that means. It's terribly frustrating. Also, due to some unexplained plumbing problem, there was no clean laundry available for between 6-8 weeks. Anybody with similar tales out there?
Please share! Thanks
my father is in la tuna as well. and our family do not live in u.s. the letters which we sent using fedex had reached la tuna on 18 december. however, my father has not received the letters yet. have you ever experienced this?
thanks
Old 12-26-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aba_in_elpaso View Post
The difference between Anthony, Texas and Anthony, New Mexico is that both 'Anthony's' lie on the Texas-New Mexico Border off Interstate 10. Anthony is a very small town but there IS an Anthony, Texas AND an Anthony, New Mexico, although they are right next to each other and no other town or community lies in between them.

What is confusing about La Tuna is that it is located in Anthony, Texas but it's post office address is in Anthony, New Mexico. So if you write to someone you'd address the letter to the BOP listed address in New Mexico, but the prison is actually in Texas. Also, there is a satellite 'low' located about 30 minutes away on Biggs Army Air Field on Fort Bliss in El Paso, and in Anthony, outside the secure perimeter of the FCI, are 2 camps. So there are 4 components to La Tuna....The FCI low, the satellite low, and 2 camps. The majority of the population there are hispanic, and many people serving time there are from or have family that are from or live in Cd. Juarez, Mexico, right across the border from El Paso. El Paso is a very, very safe city and nice community. Juarez ironically is the most dangerous city in Mexico with over 1600 murders so far this year. From what I hear there is a lot of gang activity at the FCI but if you are not hispanic nor in a gang you are pretty much left alone. The other facilities I am told are rather laid back, with most prisoners looking to do their time and get home. Hope that helps. I live about 10 minutes from La Tuna in El Paso so if I can answer any questions feel free to ask or pm.
my father is in la tuna and my family do not live in u.s. we can only contact him through limited phone calls and letters, which we send via fedex. we were informed by fedex that the letters which we sent had reached la tuna on 18 december. however, my father has not received the letters yet. do you have any information or advice?
thanks
Old 12-26-2009, 09:50 AM
Loving Wife

Your best bet would be to contact the prison. And ask why he hasnt recived his letters. I sent my husband two books but didnt get a tracking number about two months ago and he still hasnt got them. He has gotten all of my letters though.
I just took mine as a loss because i didnt get tracking number, but since you already know that theyve arived the only thing you can do is contact the prison.if it was not approved maybe there not going to send it back because you live out of country? I dont know.i can call the prison for you if you cannot call. Just pm me his information. And what it was you sent
Old 12-28-2009, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigail05 View Post
Your best bet would be to contact the prison. And ask why he hasnt recived his letters. I sent my husband two books but didnt get a tracking number about two months ago and he still hasnt got them. He has gotten all of my letters though.
I just took mine as a loss because i didnt get tracking number, but since you already know that theyve arived the only thing you can do is contact the prison.if it was not approved maybe there not going to send it back because you live out of country? I dont know.i can call the prison for you if you cannot call. Just pm me his information. And what it was you sent
Thanks so much! All we sent were photos and some letters in chinese. i really hope that my dad will get it soon.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Robert's Mom Denise
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhorse View Post
My son has been there since May 09. I went to visit the end of Sept and the first weekend of Oct.09. He said it is laid back as everyone there knows the next stop is out. It is a low facility and for the most part they know if they cause trouble they will be sent back to Ok. for redesignation for a higher level of prison. There is always a few that keep things stirred up but he says they do not last long. I found the guards to be by the book but they also showed heart and took some garbage from some of the visitors that should never of happened. They took it in stride and ignored it. At the end of the eight days I left feeling a lot better than when I got there. We all imagine the worse, but was so relieved to find it was not that way. Do not get me wrong it is still a prison but I found some compassion on the CO's part. I also encountered CO"s that were by far at the other end of the scale. My son said most every one stays out of his radar. I found the Co's that handled visiting to be polite and I also saw the no nonsense part when the visitors would try to pull things over on them and also chose to try and stretch the rules there is a few in every bunch. The chip on their shoulder showed up big time for who knows why. A few were not admitted because of what they were wearing and the rules clearly stated what was okay and what was not. And these were regular visitors so they knew better. Every one made a point to sit else where as the CO's had an eye on them the whole time and had to speak to them frequently. I keep money on my sons books and he has had not one problem so far, he says you mind your own business and it will be okay a far as a prison goes. The phones do get locked if something happens like someone took som body else's chocolate chip cookie so they all loose the use of the phones for a while. Usually that is it but it happens more often than not. But it gets the point across and after a few days to a week they get them back. I found that out while I was there, even though the phones were off they were still able to have their visits. Thank God, as I drove almost 2000 miles from Wa. State. What a crushing feeling it would have been if all had lost their visits to. the medical care there sucks, my son has a chronic illness and the treatment he is supposed to have and he what he receives are tow different animals for sure.That is my biggest concern of anything there. His illness is nothing to mess with, god help the inmates with the same illness, diabetics need constant montering and that does not happen. My son knows what to do if his blood sugars get out of control, medical help is not there all the time.
Thanks for the info. My son has been there for a month. He confirmed pretty much what you have said. He adjusts well so I think he will be ok. I am looking forward to my first visitation hopefully sometime next month as I live in FL. Do you recommend any place to stay? Also, did they let you visit for more than just an hour or so each day? Since I will be flying there, I would like to spend as much time as possible and would like to know what I can expect to get. Thanks, D
The Following User Says Thank You to AkitaLover For This Useful Post:
Jimster (07-21-2010)
Old 12-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Robert's Mom Denise
Donation Award 

I live in Florida and I send my son a letter each week. It takes about 9-10 days regular USPS. Same for him sending me letters. Hope that helps.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukitbatok View Post
Thanks so much! All we sent were photos and some letters in chinese. i really hope that my dad will get it soon.
My husband is in FCI La Tuna. He reported on the 1st of December. Since then I have sent him 5 letters and he got them all. Some he got two days after I sent them. It may be that your dad hasn't recieved the letters because they are written in chinese. They do read all the letters sent to prisoners and the language barrier may pose a problem in your case. If you dad can read English or even Spanish, I suggest writing your letters in that language. Good Luck to you.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Loving Wife

the language is your problem. they will have to find someone to read them before he can get them. write him another one in english and see how fast he gets it. i have seen all of the guards there and there all hispanic i have only seen one white guy. they prob dont know what to do with it.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Donation Award 

I stayed at the Best Western just a mile or so from the prison. The rooms were clean and I have no complaints about it.

You can visit from 8:00a.m.-3:00 Friday-Monday. I went and visited the last weekend of the month. Visiting ended on Monday. The new month started just a few days later so his points for visiting reset. I visited the following Friday-Monday and left for Wa. State on Tuesday. I spent a total of 12 days in Texas and visited 8 out of the 12.

The time went fast gosh it seemed like I just got there and it was time to leave for home. Even visiting 7 hours a day the time just flew and we still did not talk about some things as we just ran out of time. He is 2000 miles from home so I do not know when the next time I can visit as it cost a small fortune to stay, besides the money for the vending machines during visiting.

It took two days to drive one way as the plane fare and rental car were way over priced and I could drive there, stay in motels and still not spend as much as if I had flown down.

No problems visiting the place is laid back, but the visiting room is not all that big and the noise level went way up when several people were visiting. It got so crowded that local people visiting got their visits cut short so everyone could visit. But that happened on the weekends, Fridays and Mondays were awesome as not many visited and there were about 20 of us in the room on those days.

The Following User Says Thank You to greyhorse For This Useful Post:
newparadigms (03-14-2010)
Old 01-19-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RippedSoul View Post
Hi Aba,

I have not been actively involved with this site and I regret that fact. I am learning how to navigate my way around here. I have no idea how my post ended up here, but in searching links to the La Tuna facility, I ended up here and saw my post and yours, Aba. I don't want to scare anyone, but I think you all should be prepared as should your loved ones. Things are VERY bad for my son. La Tuna has been a nightmare for me (on the outside) and can only imagine how it is for my son If this is "Low", I can't imagine what "Medium" and "High" are like.

Where do I start?

Before my son went to La Tuna, he was a strong, healthy and fit man. Now he is in horrible shape. My son sent me his medical reports, as he has had enough and I need to help him. He sent me a letter a week ago that said he is being sexually assaulted. I pray that they let him see a doctor so it could be recorded. He had 2 reports of back injury a few months ago. It said also that he had a bite! He was scared at that time to tell me more. He was bruised up and knocked around in the past, as well. If they let you go to the doctor, it seems that sometimes there are doctors in the medical facility and sometimes you have non-MDs who are incompetant idiots. 2 days before my son was rushed to emergency they said he was faking being dizzy. My son sent me the emergency report which stated that he now has a chronic illness that can cause him to go into a coma and die! They act like the guards don't have a clue what is wrong with him and they write him up when he can't stand or do heavy manual labor.

I am not trying to scare anyone. I just want you to be prepared if you should be victimized. I am not sure if it is a racial thing. Most of the guards and inmates are Hispanic. My son is not Hispanic and has been subjected to racial slurs by the C.O.s.

My advice is to write up EVERYTHING with all the details (dates, times, etc.) and send it in according to the bureaucratic process that they have (BP9, BP10 and BP11), make copies of these reports and try to send them to your loved ones. If you report assault by the Correction Officers, they will put you in solitary confinement (the "hole" or the "SHU") until the investigation is done. They say "it is for your protection". Ya sure, the C.O. has access to you in there. I think they put you there as a form of torture, until you will retract your allegations, but we shall see. This is why so many just take it and don't report it. If it is not investigated by the Department of Justice and the ACLU, it will continue.

One or two people will not make the waves strong enough for anyone to take this seriously. Some changes have been made in some facilities, but it takes a lot of complaints. I suggest you make a list of contacts and forms to have sent to you from your loved ones, eg. addresses to Warden (Braggs), Regional and Central BOP, who will likely do nothing, but you have to follow the process. However, you may get further with the Texas ACLU, U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division - CRIPA, etc. Google all this now and print out what you need for someone you can count on to send to you when you go in. Give all these resources to any advocates you have on the outside. It would not hurt to find a good "post conviction" attorney! Apparently that is a specialty that your pre-conviction attorney will not handle.

I can't find out much about my son, even though he has signed a BOP "Authorization for Release of Information" to me and he gave me a notarized power of attorney. He is on phone restriction for 10 months, for minor offenses (eg. not following orders to get to work when he is feeling faint, from his newly diagnosed physical illness from when he was rushed to the Hosptial Emergency). They say he can write to me. That is a very slow torturous (for me) way to communicate with my son. It must be so much worse for him.

This is all very new to me and I am reaching out to those who have more experience to direct me and help me with this process. I invite them to participate and correct me, if I am wrong about any advice that I am sharing.

I pray that others with similar experiences will contact me anonymously here. My name here is "Ripped Soul". Report this all, so that it will stop!

Now I must go back to work on trying to help my son. BTW, if anyone has the name of a really good post sentence attorney and/or a good civil rights attorney, please give me their information

It appears that the ACLU may be helping. I will keep you all updated.

I pray that we can change this nightmare for my son and other victims of the system.

RS
Ripped Soul,
I am very sorry to hear about your situation. I am supposed to report to La Tuna on February 3rd. I have a brother who has been through horrendous situations in prison. I know (somewhat) what you are going through. Can you please elaborate on your son's chronic illness? What is it, how did he get it?
Old 01-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Loving Wife

Default la tuna

ripped soul: i am sorry to hear about your son, i could not even imagine what you are going through(or him). but having been there myself i can belive it.
they have one guard thats been at visitation that enjoys his job wayyyyyyyyyyy too much. he is practically holding it for them while they go to the bathroom. everyone of the inmates talk about him.
is your son still in the hole?
my husband was at the camp but has been taken to the hole, shu.
he has been there since dec 23 and still hasnt seen anyone.
how long do the have to wait before seeing someone?
he asked the guard about sending a letter to the counselor but the guard said not to that she would make him wait longer.
he is in trouble for being out of bounds.
he did not leave or go off site just was in a place he wasnt suposed to be.
he can still make 1 phone call a week and visit two hours on visiting days.
what do you think they will give him??
la tuna sucks they will put you in the hole for nothing, he said one guys dad died thursday and asked for a furlow to go to the funeral and they denied him and put him in the hole so he did not escape.
now aint that somewhere to be the day after your father dies?
the people i have dealt with there are something else, it took over a month for his books to arive and i called the prison and asked for the mail room to see about them. they would not put me through they asked if this was in refrence to an inmate i said yes so they could not put me through.so i called back the next day and told them i was returning thier phone call and they put me right through, i asked the guy who answered the phone about the books and he was rude and said "i have over 1000 inmates i cannot track down every book in this facility".
last month there was about 4 ecapes from the camp, the facility was told that alot of the guys who have alot of time are going to be shipped to the military base. it isnt the amount of time the guys got . theres guys at every camp around the world that have alot of time its the way the guards treat the inmates there.

Last edited by abigail05; 01-19-2010 at 09:22 PM..
Old 01-19-2010, 09:36 PM
Loving Wife

Default i forgot to add

my husband didnt get his blood pressure medicine and his blood thinner medicine for two weeks when he went into the hole.
luckly the nurse who knows his situation walked by and he asked her so she got him back on it.
as far as his anxiety attacks he just has to let them pass they will not give you anything for that.
his dad and oldest sister died of a brain anurisum and his brother was having bad headaches so went to the er and started having a seizure waiting to be seen, they rushed him back and found two leaking anurisums.( talk about being at the right place at the right time.) and now ive been doing our family tree stuff and found out his grandfather and great grandfather died of anurisums so thats four generations.
they all have very high blood pressure his usually stays around 220/140. so going cold turkey on your blood pressure meds in not good and thank god the nurse caught it.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedpm206 View Post
Ripped Soul,
I am very sorry to hear about your situation. I am supposed to report to La Tuna on February 3rd. I have a brother who has been through horrendous situations in prison. I know (somewhat) what you are going through. Can you please elaborate on your son's chronic illness? What is it, how did he get it?
Reply to Ted:

I am so sorry that you are going to La Tuna. The good thing that I heard is that the food is getting a bit better than it was. Just be sure to know the "BP" grievance process and time limits for reporting problems, if you should encounter any problems. If your family is not local to La Tuna, I would suggest that they get Vonage, so they can get a local phone number that you can use.

The independent Hospital Emergency room diagnosed my son with encephalopathy. La Tuna insists that there is nothing wrong with him and writes him up when he is unable to function, so they manage to keep him in the SHU (solitary confinement). Other inmates reported that his eyes flutter very fast and he now has a speech inpediment, which is something that you can't fake. I don't know how he got this, because they are not investigating it or treating it. I hope to find out more when he gets out and can get proper medical care. Hopefully, he survive this nightmare. This is not a contagious thing, if that is your concern.

I will put in a prayer for you, Ted.

RS
The Following User Says Thank You to RippedSoul For This Useful Post:
aba (01-20-2010)
Old 01-20-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigail05 View Post
ripped soul: i am sorry to hear about your son, i could not even imagine what you are going through(or him). but having been there myself i can belive it.
they have one guard thats been at visitation that enjoys his job wayyyyyyyyyyy too much. he is practically holding it for them while they go to the bathroom. everyone of the inmates talk about him.
is your son still in the hole?
my husband was at the camp but has been taken to the hole, shu.
he has been there since dec 23 and still hasnt seen anyone.
how long do the have to wait before seeing someone?
he asked the guard about sending a letter to the counselor but the guard said not to that she would make him wait longer.
he is in trouble for being out of bounds.
he did not leave or go off site just was in a place he wasnt suposed to be.
he can still make 1 phone call a week and visit two hours on visiting days.
what do you think they will give him??
la tuna sucks they will put you in the hole for nothing, he said one guys dad died thursday and asked for a furlow to go to the funeral and they denied him and put him in the hole so he did not escape.
now aint that somewhere to be the day after your father dies?
the people i have dealt with there are something else, it took over a month for his books to arive and i called the prison and asked for the mail room to see about them. they would not put me through they asked if this was in refrence to an inmate i said yes so they could not put me through.so i called back the next day and told them i was returning thier phone call and they put me right through, i asked the guy who answered the phone about the books and he was rude and said "i have over 1000 inmates i cannot track down every book in this facility".
last month there was about 4 ecapes from the camp, the facility was told that alot of the guys who have alot of time are going to be shipped to the military base. it isnt the amount of time the guys got . theres guys at every camp around the world that have alot of time its the way the guards treat the inmates there.
Reply to Abigail:

Yes, they do there best to keep my son in the hole/SHU. He was there for reporting the sexual assault. They say it is for his protection. They also like to put him there for not being able to function at times. I wish that there was an outside group that can monitor them. I don't think that we can name names of COs here, but there is one that seems to get great pleasure from harassing my son. I don't know how they can get away with all this. My son was supposed to be in the camp, but they put him in the Low. He complained about that and the fact that he is over 700 miles from home and family. I suppose that put him in their pain-in-the-butt list. I don't know anymore. They are getting away with way too much injustice and negligence with my son. I am sure some are able to be there without problems. It is sickening that they put a guy in the hole because he asked to go to his dad's funeral, but it doesn't surprise me in the least. I think that some of the people in this prison are very sick sadists.

That was clever to say that you are returning a call. I have spent dozens of hours trying to get through on the phone to someone there.

RS