Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Loving Wife

Default addresses

i have read that the addresses are in new mexico but the bop website shows the addresses in texas
i filled out the visitation form and i need to get it in the mail but not sure to mail it to texas or mexico.
and where would i send the visitation form to.
husband is going to the camp and i dont know which one handles the camp mail?

Use this address when sending correspondence and parcels to staff.

STAFF NAME
FCI LA TUNA
FEDERAL CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
P.O. BOX 1000
ANTHONY, TX 88021

Staff MailUse this address when sending correspondence and parcels to staff.

STAFF NAME
FCI LA TUNA
FEDERAL CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
FEDERAL SATELLITE LOW
P.O. BOX 3000
ANTHONY, TX 88021

Last edited by abigail05; 10-04-2009 at 03:41 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,441 Times in 801 Posts

go with the BOP website. i could have gotten it the other way around. sorry about that.
The Following User Says Thank You to aba For This Useful Post:
abigail05 (10-04-2009)
Old 10-04-2009, 04:03 PM

I write to my sister's friend who was on her case. He uses the PO Box 3000, Anthony, NEW MEXIC0 and the zip 88021
I have accidentally sent mail to Anthony, TX and mail has been returned twice. He gets it when I sent it to NM.
Don't know what the deal is, but if anyone has a problem with TX try the NM. He is NOT in the camp part.

Help me, Lord, to remember that religion is not to be confined to the church... nor exercised only in prayer and meditation, but that everywhere I am in Thy Presence.
-- Susanna Wesley
The Following User Says Thank You to Sis of sis For This Useful Post:
abigail05 (10-04-2009)
Old 10-04-2009, 08:30 PM

Thanked 4,123 Times in 1,529 Posts

That is what he had own letter to me.
FCI LA TUNA
PO Box 3000
Anthony, Texas/New Mexico 88021
I want to send a book 'The Shack" and make sure he get it.
He is Black and said it was 10 % Black. 10% White, 75% Hispanic, 5% Native America.
The Following User Says Thank You to boflipflops36 For This Useful Post:
aba (10-04-2009)
Old 10-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Waiting Patiently

I think that the po box 3000 is for the main prison.. po box 8000 is for the camp.. im not sure about low camp... and mail will get there reguardless if you put Anthony, NM or Anthony, Tx .. dosent matter cause the post office is right down the road from the prison...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angelpoof For This Useful Post:
aba (10-04-2009), chanjo419 (11-30-2009)
Old 10-05-2009, 09:58 AM

My son was a SS to LaTuna on Sept.24. I have not heard from him. I have called there. The guard told me he can't understand why my son has not called. Then said to me maybe he doesn't want to talk to you. His name is Robert anyone know anything? Thank you for your help.

Last edited by Rachel; 10-05-2009 at 11:04 PM.. Reason: removal of last name - safety concerns
Old 10-05-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ1973 View Post
My son was a SS to LaTuna on Sept.24. I have not heard from him. I have called there. The guard told me he can't understand why my son has not called. Then said to me maybe he doesn't want to talk to you. His name is Robert anyone know anything? Thank you for your help.

My husband is at FCI La Tuna...does your son have money in his account to make pre-paid calls? Is your telephone# on his list of contacts? You can go to the bop.gov website to locate his name & info. on sending money into his account and mailing letters to him. Good luck!

Last edited by Rachel; 10-05-2009 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: to comply with the previous edit
Old 10-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Loving Wife

I do the coke rewards thing and sent him some magazine subsc last nite because they take a while to get there, but anyway i put the address on as the bop website has it in texas and conformed it i was sent a conformation email the system changed it to nm, so hopefully they will get to him.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:59 PM

I just spent this last weekend visiting my father for the first time in La TUNA FCI. I Thought I better share some information with you all in case you are curious about visits, etc. I saw too many people get turned away and it broke my heart especially with those who had come by cab and couldn't afford to come back that same day.

Know the rules when you go to visit. Not all of them are posted. I'll share some that seemed to be a common problem and caused people to be turned away.

1) Do not wear any open toed shoes. No flipflops, no sandals, no toe showing what so ever. Depending on the guard, even if you have socks on with sandals, that wont work. Just to be safe and ensure you can get in, i'd recommend a full shoe for your visit.

2) No kakhi clothing. I saw a gentleman get turned away for wearing kakhi slacks. he had to drive back into El Paso, change and return. I'd also not recommend Grey.

3) No Grey colored clothing . Even your jacket/coat will get you sent back from the line to your car to change.

4) Dont take more than you need to with you. You MUST have photo id (drivers licence, etc). You can take in no more than 20$ (quarters/$1 bills), 2 keys on key ring. and it must all be inclosed in a clear plastic bag (ziploc) You can take baby items in as well, but since we dont have a baby/small child I dont know those rules.

Also I'd recommend going to BOP's website and reading the visiting regulations for LA-TUNA, there's tons of rules, and like I said not all of them are posted, they're subject to change and everything depends on the guards.

on weekdays (friday and monday) it wasn't too busy. We arrived at 7:00 but you cannot even park or be on teh grounds until 7:30. THe guard will often times send you away if you arrive too early. On weekends (sat-sun) you will see people lining up on the road across the street from the prison entrance until it's 7:30.

for the FCI the visitors parking lot is your second right, just before the locked gate that goes up the hill from the facility. It's a smaller parking lot and there are stairs that go up to the facility. Half way up the stairs is a small building with two doors... if it's cold you can wait there. You cannot walk up to the facility until 8:00 or the guard will send you back. Friday we walked up at 8:00 with two other visitors. not a lot of people that day. Saturday we lined up along the stairs by the small building until it was 8am. then headed up to the facility.

Follow the sidewalk/stairs to the main door, usually a guard will come out and look at the people and start sending those back with open toed shoes/kakhi clothing etc. Wait in line by the second door. When they open the door you will go in and grab a form and a pen and fill it out. You will need to know your inmates #, your licence plate information and make / model / color of vehicle. the forms are numbered.

You can have 5 people go in with you per inmate (not including children under 16). Everyone 16 or older counts as a visitor in that 5.

After you fill out your form, the guard will call you back into the area, you have to fill the form out outside the door. Wehn you go in you will have to give him the form, your id and he will ask you a bunch of questions. You go through a metal detector . (FYI ladies, underwire bras will set it off. so did my shoes, and the rivits on my jeans) the guard was nice to us, but we were towards the first of the line. the lady near us said he's been rude to her several times... He seemed very nice to me. He asked if it was our first time there and explained the rules, etc.

When you get in the visiting area the guard there will take your papers that you filled out earlier and you will sit and wait for your loved one. He will also explain the rules if it's your first visit. There's vending machines in the room, and if its a busy day things run out, you may want to if it starts to get busy, buy things early in the day. My father enjoyed eating the fresh fruit, cookies, and the pizza the best. The pizzas go fast. My dad says everything they make for lunch there has a jalapeno in it somewhere and he hates them! sooooooo having a pepperoni pizza was a great treat.

The inmate cannot touch the money or the vending machines , but you can buy them stuff out of it. The guard will explain this to you.

There is a restroom in there for use, and you can use it any time. Your loved one has to wait until the top of the hour and line up at the inmate restroom and wait for the guard. THey explain the rules to the inmate before they come into the room also.

Oh! When your loved one comes in the room it is okay to give them a hug or kiss. You are allowed one hug and one kiss at the first of the visit and one at the end. You can hold hands during the visit also.

To those who have never been to visit anyone, prepare that it's not really a cozy situation. There are a lot of people in the room with you and it can get kind of noisy at times. The setting is much like an airport waiting area with chairs and endtables. so find a spot if you get in the first of the line or you may be stuck with wherever is left.

I hope this helps anyone going to visit!

As for the citiy of Anthony. There are two hotels right off teh exit. A Super 8, and a Best Western. We stayed at the Best Western. While it was very affordabe. I would probably stay 8 miles down the road in west el paso next time and pay a little bit more. There are quality inn, hampton inn, etc just down the road 8miles south. Also there are several in south Las Cruces. NM. The best western was okay, the room was pretty clean but I killed a couple of cockroaches which really didn't help me get very much sleep! lol The prison is just down the road from the best western though, about 4 - 5 miles.

There are plenty of fast food places to eat around anthony. and just down the road again in El Paso, there are several spots around exit 11. Exit 9 has a huge outlet mall with a food court.

People in teh area are really nice and friendly and the cities are easy to get around.

Closest airport is in El Paso about 15 minutes away, although we drove from NOrthern Utah / Southern Idaho. about 13-14 hour drive. Flying into Albuquerque Airport can sometimes be cheaper and then renting a car, Albuquerque is about 270 miles away from Anthony.

My father said that the commissary is open again at the prison so everyone can re-stock. He also said that they were moving a lot of INS inmates. BORDER Patrol was there both days we visitied moving inmates to other facilities designated solely for Immigration, and some were being deported. Because of this they changed his job last minute while we were there making him have to work longer in the day so he w9ouldn't be able to call us until later later in the evening. So if the usuall time your loved one calls has changed, this may be why.

Well... That's about all I can think of right now...If anyone has any questions PM me and I'll try to answer best I can

Hope this helps those who are interested in visiting. ! I can tell you this... 8 hours with my dad was worth the drive there in the truck for 14 hours. And I know it meant the world to him. A phone call is great, but face to face is indescribable not to mention it reminds him that there are people on the outside that really do care and love him.

Last edited by moonstone23; 10-11-2009 at 09:24 PM.. Reason: wasn't finished.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to moonstone23 For This Useful Post:
aba (10-11-2009), AkitaLover (12-28-2009), chanjo419 (11-30-2009), sweetcee74 (09-20-2011)
Old 10-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstone23 View Post
I just spent this last weekend visiting my father for the first time in La TUNA FCI. I Thought I better share some information with you all in case you are curious about visits, etc. I saw too many people get turned away and it broke my heart especially with those who had come by cab and couldn't afford to come back that same day.

Know the rules when you go to visit. Not all of them are posted. I'll share some that seemed to be a common problem and caused people to be turned away.

1) Do not wear any open toed shoes. No flipflops, no sandals, no toe showing what so ever. Depending on the guard, even if you have socks on with sandals, that wont work. Just to be safe and ensure you can get in, i'd recommend a full shoe for your visit.

2) No kakhi clothing. I saw a gentleman get turned away for wearing kakhi slacks. he had to drive back into El Paso, change and return. I'd also not recommend Grey.

3) No Grey colored clothing . Even your jacket/coat will get you sent back from the line to your car to change.

4) Dont take more than you need to with you. You MUST have photo id (drivers licence, etc). You can take in no more than 20$ (quarters/$1 bills), 2 keys on key ring. and it must all be inclosed in a clear plastic bag (ziploc) You can take baby items in as well, but since we dont have a baby/small child I dont know those rules.

Also I'd recommend going to BOP's website and reading the visiting regulations for LA-TUNA
Moonstone,

Can you share with us what your husband has said about life in La Tuna? Has he adjusted well? Is he in the FCI, Sat Low, or camp? Has he mentioned anything to you about violence and/or gangs there? The food, rec, jobs, etc? Any and all info you can give us would be GREATLY appreciated. There's not that much specific info here on PTO so again, we'd be really grateful if you could tell us a little about life there. All the best to you and your husband and thanks in advance...
Old 10-11-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aba_in_elpaso View Post
Moonstone,

Can you share with us what your husband has said about life in La Tuna? Has he adjusted well? Is he in the FCI, Sat Low, or camp? Has he mentioned anything to you about violence and/or gangs there? The food, rec, jobs, etc? Any and all info you can give us would be GREATLY appreciated. There's not that much specific info here on PTO so again, we'd be really grateful if you could tell us a little about life there. All the best to you and your husband and thanks in advance...

IT's actually my dad that is there. But I'll be happy to share. He has adjusted very well to life there. He did spend several years in the military though, so he is used to "routine". a very nice man when he first arrived gave him a lot of information what to do and what not to do, how certain guards were, rules, etc... But for the most part it's very routine and having respect wont get you into trouble.

He is in the main facility FCI La Tuna. There are a few gangs there, but there are not too many fights that he has seen, the only one he mentioned that was a bad was a few months ago and it nearly killed the inmate. It laned the other one in the hole for several weeks. He says the ones that do not get along are the people who are from Juarez, Mexico vs the people from Texas who are Mexican. they only fight with each other and leave pretty much everyone else alone.

For Rec: He does get to spend some time outside walkng around the track and he enjoys the excercise bike. I'm not sure what else they have tehre in that area, but next time he calls I'll try to ask.

The Food: The food is terrible. he only eats about once a day in the chow hall. EVERYTHING has a jalapeno in it and he hates it. He says about 3 times a week they have stuff that's fairly good, but everything else it left overs made into something new. He does buy mac n cheese, peanut butter and jelly, bagels, candy bars, etc in the commissary.

LIVING AREA: he is in a room with about 6 other people. Bunk Beds. Two blankets, very thin mattress and a pillow. He has a locker to put his things in. He has a photo album for pictures that he bought at the commissary. And he reads a lot of books from the library. He says they give you 3 rolls of toilet paper for a week or so, and other essentials. but everything else or if you want better things you have to get them in the commissary. Outside the room is a common area with tables and tv area and microwaves to cook stuff from teh commissary in.

They can move area every hour on the 1/2 our. (1030, 1130, etc). So if they are going to use the phone, they move on the hour (1030) and they cannot move from the phone area until 1130.

Phone calls to call home are quite expensive. I have an El Paso are phone number so it is only 4 cents a minute. But to call my sisters in Utah it costs him about 26 cents a minute. He gets 300 minutes a month to call with.

JOBS: everyone has a job. Whetehr it's rolling napkins for an hour a day, sweeping the hall, raising the flag, or having a full 7 hour a day job with UNICOR. The UNICOR facility next to the prison employs a lot of people, they outfit teh cars for Border Patrol and the Prison facilities near by, when you pull into the facility you can see them off to the left of the road.
He says you can earn up to about $100 a month with some of the jobs, if you stay in the same job long enough.

I put about a $100 - 125 in his commissary account each month for phone calls / what he needs. Sometimes I need to send more. He can buy sweat pants, shirts, tshirts, shoes, a watch, and other things in the commissary as well. Those things make for a more comfortable situation.

Not sure what else to tell If you think of something specific, just ask!

Last edited by moonstone23; 10-11-2009 at 09:47 PM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to moonstone23 For This Useful Post:
aba (10-11-2009), AkitaLover (12-28-2009), newparadigms (03-19-2010), ssuz (03-10-2013), sweetcee74 (09-20-2011)
Old 10-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Donation Award 

Thanks so very much for your detailed and informative responses. If you need any info about El Paso don't hesitate to ask. I'm glad your father has not experienced any serious violence in his time there. And I hope he gets home soon. All the best and again, thanks!
Old 10-11-2009, 10:36 PM

Glad I can help it's rough on everyone involved in this kind of situation

Last edited by moonstone23; 10-11-2009 at 10:38 PM..
Old 10-12-2009, 07:18 PM

Default La TUNA FCI - ANTHONY, TX Visitiation

I posted this as a reply in a different thread also, but thought it warranted it's own thread since it was specific topic.

Also I'd recommend going to BOP's website and reading the visiting regulations for LA-TUNA, there's tons of rules, and like I said not all of them are posted, they're subject to change and everything depends on the guards.

on weekdays (friday and monday) it wasn't too busy. We arrived at 7:00 but you cannot even park or be on teh grounds until 7:30. THe guard will often times send you away if you arrive too early. On weekends (sat-sun) you will see people lining up on the road across the street from the prison entrance until it's 7:30.

for the FCI the visitors parking lot is your second right, just before the locked gate that goes up the hill from the facility. It's a smaller parking lot and there are stairs that go up to the facility. Half way up the stairs is a small building with two doors... if it's cold you can wait there. You cannot walk up to the facility until 8:00 or the guard will send you back. Friday we walked up at 8:00 with two other visitors. not a lot of people that day. Saturday we lined up along the stairs by the small building until it was 8am. then headed up to the facility.

Follow the sidewalk/stairs to the main door, usually a guard will come out and look at the people and start sending those back with open toed shoes/kakhi clothing etc. Wait in line by the second door. When they open the door you will go in and grab a form and a pen and fill it out. You will need to know your inmates #, your licence plate information and make / model / color of vehicle. the forms are numbered.

You can have 5 people go in with you per inmate (not including children under 16). Everyone 16 or older counts as a visitor in that 5.

After you fill out your form, the guard will call you back into the area, you have to fill the form out outside the door. Wehn you go in you will have to give him the form, your id and he will ask you a bunch of questions. You go through a metal detector . (FYI ladies, underwire bras will set it off. so did my shoes, and the rivits on my jeans) the guard was nice to us, but we were towards the first of the line. the lady near us said he's been rude to her several times... He seemed very nice to me. He asked if it was our first time there and explained the rules, etc.

When you get in the visiting area the guard there will take your papers that you filled out earlier and you will sit and wait for your loved one. He will also explain the rules if it's your first visit. There's vending machines in the room, and if its a busy day things run out, you may want to if it starts to get busy, buy things early in the day. My father enjoyed eating the fresh fruit, cookies, and the pizza the best. The pizzas go fast. My dad says everything they make for lunch there has a jalapeno in it somewhere and he hates them! sooooooo having a pepperoni pizza was a great treat.

The inmate cannot touch the money or the vending machines , but you can buy them stuff out of it. The guard will explain this to you.

There is a restroom in there for use, and you can use it any time. Your loved one has to wait until the top of the hour and line up at the inmate restroom and wait for the guard. THey explain the rules to the inmate before they come into the room also.

Oh! When your loved one comes in the room it is okay to give them a hug or kiss. You are allowed one hug and one kiss at the first of the visit and one at the end. You can hold hands during the visit also.

To those who have never been to visit anyone, prepare that it's not really a cozy situation. There are a lot of people in the room with you and it can get kind of noisy at times. The setting is much like an airport waiting area with chairs and endtables. so find a spot if you get in the first of the line or you may be stuck with wherever is left.

I hope this helps anyone going to visit!

As for the citiy of Anthony. There are two hotels right off teh exit. A Super 8, and a Best Western. We stayed at the Best Western. While it was very affordabe. I would probably stay 8 miles down the road in west el paso next time and pay a little bit more. There are quality inn, hampton inn, etc just down the road 8miles south. Also there are several in south Las Cruces. NM. The best western was okay, the room was pretty clean but I killed a couple of cockroaches which really didn't help me get very much sleep! lol The prison is just down the road from the best western though, about 4 - 5 miles.

There are plenty of fast food places to eat around anthony. and just down the road again in El Paso, there are several spots around exit 11. Exit 9 has a huge outlet mall with a food court.

People in teh area are really nice and friendly and the cities are easy to get around.

Closest airport is in El Paso about 15 minutes away, although we drove from NOrthern Utah / Southern Idaho. about 13-14 hour drive. Flying into Albuquerque Airport can sometimes be cheaper and then renting a car, Albuquerque is about 270 miles away from Anthony.

My father said that the commissary is open again at the prison so everyone can re-stock. He also said that they were moving a lot of INS inmates. BORDER Patrol was there both days we visitied moving inmates to other facilities designated solely for Immigration, and some were being deported. Because of this they changed his job last minute while we were there making him have to work longer in the day so he w9ouldn't be able to call us until later later in the evening. So if the usuall time your loved one calls has changed, this may be why.

Well... That's about all I can think of right now...If anyone has any questions PM me and I'll try to answer best I can

Hope this helps those who are interested in visiting. ! I can tell you this... 8 hours with my dad was worth the drive there in the truck for 14 hours. And I know it meant the world to him. A phone call is great, but face to face is indescribable not to mention it reminds him that there are people on the outside that really do care and love him.
The Following User Says Thank You to moonstone23 For This Useful Post:
abigail05 (10-14-2009)
Old 10-12-2009, 07:22 PM

My father is in La Tuna FCI. Anyone looking for information, I'd be happy to help, PM me for a quick reply or reply to the thread and I'll check as much as I can.
The Following User Says Thank You to moonstone23 For This Useful Post:
soulmated (12-05-2009)
Old 11-16-2009, 01:57 PM

Thank you so much. We are new to this type of situation so anything and everything helps.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Donation Award 

Thumbs up RE; La Tuna FCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstone23 View Post
IT's actually my dad that is there. But I'll be happy to share. He has adjusted very well to life there. He did spend several years in the military though, so he is used to "routine". a very nice man when he first arrived gave him a lot of information what to do and what not to do, how certain guards were, rules, etc... But for the most part it's very routine and having respect wont get you into trouble.

He is in the main facility FCI La Tuna. There are a few gangs there, but there are not too many fights that he has seen, the only one he mentioned that was a bad was a few months ago and it nearly killed the inmate. It laned the other one in the hole for several weeks. He says the ones that do not get along are the people who are from Juarez, Mexico vs the people from Texas who are Mexican. they only fight with each other and leave pretty much everyone else alone.

For Rec: He does get to spend some time outside walkng around the track and he enjoys the excercise bike. I'm not sure what else they have tehre in that area, but next time he calls I'll try to ask.

The Food: The food is terrible. he only eats about once a day in the chow hall. EVERYTHING has a jalapeno in it and he hates it. He says about 3 times a week they have stuff that's fairly good, but everything else it left overs made into something new. He does buy mac n cheese, peanut butter and jelly, bagels, candy bars, etc in the commissary.

LIVING AREA: he is in a room with about 6 other people. Bunk Beds. Two blankets, very thin mattress and a pillow. He has a locker to put his things in. He has a photo album for pictures that he bought at the commissary. And he reads a lot of books from the library. He says they give you 3 rolls of toilet paper for a week or so, and other essentials. but everything else or if you want better things you have to get them in the commissary. Outside the room is a common area with tables and tv area and microwaves to cook stuff from teh commissary in.

They can move area every hour on the 1/2 our. (1030, 1130, etc). So if they are going to use the phone, they move on the hour (1030) and they cannot move from the phone area until 1130.

Phone calls to call home are quite expensive. I have an El Paso are phone number so it is only 4 cents a minute. But to call my sisters in Utah it costs him about 26 cents a minute. He gets 300 minutes a month to call with.

JOBS: everyone has a job. Whetehr it's rolling napkins for an hour a day, sweeping the hall, raising the flag, or having a full 7 hour a day job with UNICOR. The UNICOR facility next to the prison employs a lot of people, they outfit teh cars for Border Patrol and the Prison facilities near by, when you pull into the facility you can see them off to the left of the road.
He says you can earn up to about $100 a month with some of the jobs, if you stay in the same job long enough.

I put about a $100 - 125 in his commissary account each month for phone calls / what he needs. Sometimes I need to send more. He can buy sweat pants, shirts, tshirts, shoes, a watch, and other things in the commissary as well. Those things make for a more comfortable situation.

Not sure what else to tell If you think of something specific, just ask!

Thank you so much for posting this. My father reported yesterday and we are worried about him. This helps us have an idea of what he will deal with there.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Donation Award 

Does anybody know how long it takes to hear from someone once they're admitted? My dad went a week ago and we haven't heard anything. Please advise
Old 11-30-2009, 10:27 PM

My son has just been sentenced there. He has to report on 8 Dec. I too am looking for information... how are the conditions????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sad View Post
Any one here has someone in La Tuna FCI?
Old 11-30-2009, 10:32 PM

My name is Penny, my son is a SS at LaTuna on 8 Dec. I am trying to find out what the conditions are like there. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freegene View Post
My husband just spent 2 1/2 years in the La Tuna triangle and was transfered last week to Taft, CA. I just want everyone to know that if you have any questions regarding La Tuna, please let me know as I have a wealth of information. I will post the information later as I have to get it all typed up first.

My name is Penny, and I am new to this website and not sure how to navagate.... My son will be SS to LaTuna on 8 Dec.... any information would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anewday View Post
Hi,
I don't think the person who originally posted this thread has ever come back to this site. I have a friend who has been at la tuna for just a couple of weeks. What he tells me is that it is fairly laid back. Not a vacation spot but not as terrible as another facility that he was at prior. It took about a week before his phone list was approved and but by then i had put money on his books though westernunion quick collect. If he has money on the books he can make direct calls to your cell phone!! This helps. He was able to get a job but not everyone does. There are many religous groups there. There is a guy there who is 85 years of age. My friend says that they have started bring in more white and black guys to balance out the largly hispanic poplace.
Hang in there!

Not sure if I am doing this right... but thank you so much for the information you posted!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Loving Wife

Default La tuna commissary list for the camp (2009)

Dated sep 2009
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScannedImage-16.jpg (283.6 KB, 312 views)
File Type: jpg ScannedImage-15.jpg (231.4 KB, 256 views)
Old 12-05-2009, 12:29 AM

This is my first post and i'm probably not doing this right, but i just want to know if you have any info on La Tuna.. my fiance is on his way there. I live in New Mexico and want to see him as soon as he arrives. Do you have any info on how long it takes to get visitation approved? Any info would be very much appreciated.. Thank you!!
Old 12-06-2009, 09:01 PM

They don't let my son call out, even if he has money in his account. He was just put in the hole (again), because he doesn't let the guard fondle him and punch him in his scrotum. My son has been having a very bad time there. I don't mean to upset anyone, but if your family members experience the same problems, perhaps we should start a class action suit.