Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:51 PM

sorry havent heard of any lockdowns, i talked to my bf yesterday afternoon, he usually calls every other day. hope u hear something soon

You come to love not by finding the perfect person but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2010, 09:55 AM

What is going on at Edgefield today Sat 6/26? Turned away for visitation at the gate, but the guards at the camp said they didn't know about lockdown. Anyone know?
Thankst
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveslady View Post
sorry havent heard of any lockdowns, i talked to my bf yesterday afternoon, he usually calls every other day. hope u hear something soon
Old 06-26-2010, 05:56 PM
HisFiveStarChick
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluckygirl View Post
What is going on at Edgefield today Sat 6/26? Turned away for visitation at the gate, but the guards at the camp said they didn't know about lockdown. Anyone know?
Thankst
Cant be on lockdown, I talked to my honey several times today...I will ask him when he calls me tomorrow
Old 07-17-2010, 08:33 PM

My boyfriend has been in the camp siince October. He has taken a few automotive couses so I know they offer that but I'm not sure what else.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:22 PM

Default FCI Edgefield, SC

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone had a loved one or knew anything about FCI Edgefield in SC, like if they have any programs, what the conditions are like, visits, ect... Any info would be appreciated, thanks!!
Old 09-05-2010, 05:39 PM
HisFiveStarChick
Donation Award 

Hey! My honey is at Edgefield FCI...I am actually going to see him in the morning! From what he has told me it is pretty okay as far as prisons go...they go on lockdown pretty often, so if you are planning a visit, it would be good practice to call first so that you are sure that they are even having visitation. I am not sure what else you would like to know, so PM me and I will answer as best I can or I will ask my honey about it!
Old 09-08-2010, 01:52 AM

My husband is at Edgefield as well. I know they have programs but to what extent I'm not sure. I'll ask him when he calls on tomorrow. He just tells me what he's doing as of late and I support him in it or give an opinion. The visits are cool, pretty low key. I don't think there's a lot of activity to report with this facility.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:13 PM

hey, there is limited info on here about edgefield but as already said i think its pretty low key, my bf has been there about the last 5 to 6 months...i think they have some programs what im not exactly sure, if i remember correct my bf has taken a class on telemarketing and somethng to do with cooking(he mentioned take a safeserv test). I dont think they have many programs and I believe there may be a wait for the best ones. he tells me they lock down for almost anything but other than that i think its ok, the visits seem pretty laid back except i haven't ever visited him in any other fed facility...but no one is on your back about holding hands or touching just don't go to far, but i do rub his arm and he puts his arms around me freely, i've even rested my hand on his knee/thigh and no one said anything. hope that helps

You come to love not by finding the perfect person but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly
Old 09-14-2010, 12:59 PM

Default FCI Edgefield?

Anybody have any idea what is going on FCI Edgefield SC?? Havent had a call since Sat and we usually hear from him each night. I called and called and it says the little message "Hit 0 if this call is in reference to inmate" I hit 0 it rings and rings, makes a loud beep and hangs up. This happens alot and it drives me nuts! They could at least have a prerecorded message that the facility is in lockdown or something!! Any information is appreciated! Thanks hope everyone is well!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:04 PM

well now i know its not just me who is not getting a phone call, I haven't heard from my bf since friday and we usually speak every other day...i haven't gotten a letter so I have no idea what is going on, probably locked down for something stupid, it seems they lockdown there for any lil thing...my bf came from a usp where they only locked down over serious issues, he says at edgefield they locked down for 1 simple fist fight. whatever the reason i hope we hear something soon. hang in there

Old 09-15-2010, 07:13 AM

Got a call at 7 am this morning. Facility has been in lockdown since sat evening because of rumors of a gang fight. They got to get out for showers this morning but said that they are not sure if they are going back into lockdown or not! I am so ticked! How can they lock down for 4 days over a rumor??? NOTHING even happened! It is so stupid!! You have 1700 men in a small confined space and yes fights happen and rumors will start! But dang you cant keep them in a cage just because it is easier!! There has to be some sort of policy on what reasons they can lock down! All this does is stress them all out and get their nerves tore up so that they WILL fight! Sorry to vent but it is just crazy! If you are so scared of these men, get another job! Dont make their time harder!
The Following User Says Thank You to alwayshisfriend For This Useful Post:
loveslady (09-15-2010)
Old 09-15-2010, 12:35 PM

glad u got a phone call i didn't, hopefully it will lift soon ,they may get out again later today, i know my bf went to the shower cuz he can't stand to be lockedown and not be able to get clean, he is neat freak especially when it comes to hygiene. yea edgefield locks down for almost anything, they have a female warden, i think she thinks this keeps the fights down, but not when they know they gon get lockdown rather they fight or not. my bf has been locked down more at the fci than he ever was at the usp he came from and it was bad there. idk what is goin on there but i will be glad when he doesn't have to be there anymore

Old 09-15-2010, 02:03 PM

They do get locked down alot dont they? This is the first experience I have had so I know I dont have anything to compare but it seems that every time you turn around, LOCKDOWN! and I dont think there are hardly any real fights! It is just so aggrivating! I hope you get your call soon! It hurts to worry about them so much and know nothing! Good luck!
Old 09-15-2010, 05:47 PM

Default lockdown is over for today anyway

ladies, u can breathe a sigh of relief for a bit, lockdown is over my bf called and he was rather frustrated he says they lockdown too much over nothing, he said they had been down for last 3 days over some bullsh**. he says there are plenty of other times they lockdown for a few hours at a time. he says they lockdown at the first word about a fight no matter what and sometimes the fight never even happens. well hoping your loved ones are well and you all can get back to the i love yous and i miss yous

The Following User Says Thank You to loveslady For This Useful Post:
alwayshisfriend (09-17-2010)
Old 09-19-2010, 12:37 PM

Question Edgefield????

JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS IF EDGEFIELD IS STILL ON LOCKDOWN, MY BF CALLED A FEW DAY AGO AND SAID IT WAS OVER, AND I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM HIM SINCE....THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS, IM SUPPOSED TO VISIT NEXT WEEKEND SO I NEED THIS TO END ASAP

Old 09-19-2010, 12:45 PM

My husband is in Edgefield and we spoke on last evening. Hopefully you'll hear from your loved one today but the lockdown is over and as of yesterday all was well again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hope&Love For This Useful Post:
loveslady (09-20-2010)
Old 09-20-2010, 07:39 AM

thanks i spoke to him yesterday, i think maybe he was just down and didn't feel like talking, hoping he will be better as the week progresses

Old 11-10-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayshisfriend View Post
Anybody have any idea what is going on FCI Edgefield SC?? Havent had a call since Sat and we usually hear from him each night. I called and called and it says the little message "Hit 0 if this call is in reference to inmate" I hit 0 it rings and rings, makes a loud beep and hangs up. This happens alot and it drives me nuts! They could at least have a prerecorded message that the facility is in lockdown or something!! Any information is appreciated! Thanks hope everyone is well!

They are ALWAYS on lockdown there. I feel so bad for my husband...he's always missing his classes and bible study.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nspferchy View Post
They are ALWAYS on lockdown there. I feel so bad for my husband...he's always missing his classes and bible study.

You should write a letter to senator lindsey Graham.
Washington Office
290 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
(202) 224-5972

He is a SC senator that I have heard really investagats the prisons and tries to help. Tell him how hard it is to do classes, work and bible study etc when they are on lockdown so much! I did last week. Maybe if enough of us get the attention on Edgefield that warden will realize that she is being watched. I believe half the lockdowns are not even reported to the regional office. Good luck to you and your husband!
Old 11-26-2010, 01:12 PM
HisFiveStarChick
Donation Award 

Quote:
You should write a letter to senator lindsey Graham.
Washington Office
290 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
(202) 224-5972

He is a SC senator that I have heard really investagats the prisons and tries to help. Tell him how hard it is to do classes, work and bible study etc when they are on lockdown so much! I did last week. Maybe if enough of us get the attention on Edgefield that warden will realize that she is being watched. I believe half the lockdowns are not even reported to the regional office. Good luck to you and your husband!

Thanks for that info...my honey is always telling me that I should write a letter to the senators there in SC and I been putting off looking for the contact information...
Old 11-26-2010, 01:19 PM
HisFiveStarChick
Donation Award 

Default Removal of Washing Machines and Dryers

I was talking to my honey and he told me that as of 12/13/10, the will be removing all of the washing machines and dryers at Edgefield FCI. He said after that date, all inmates will have to send their clothes to be washed. Ain't that something? Who is to say that the clothes will be washed properly or even that they wont be stolen...
Old 11-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

Lots of prisons have central washing systems and, as I understand it, very hot water is used. Occasionally things get lost but most have systems for keeping track of what belongs to whom.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:13 AM
Loving Wife

i cant say much about them getting lost, but they will get cleaned. the prison does not want any germs or anything going around as much as everyone else does. it makes there jobs harder. but if he dont want pink boxers or socks he better keep those and do them himself.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:17 PM

Default Edgefield on lockdown.... Again!

Well, it seems that once again Edgefield, sc FCI is locked down. Not sure what is going on this time. More then likely the warden got word that someone farted and she thought the place should be locked down for "safety measures"! But one wife told me her husband called last night and said they were having early lockdown due to the storms, so hopefully no fights this time. I dont know why they would still be locked down today though unless the old dependable fences went out AGAIN! So if anyone hears from their love ones there please post of message. Lets see what excuse it is this time! Thanks everyone!
Old 12-01-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Well, it seems that once again Edgefield, sc FCI is locked down. Not sure what is going on this time. More then likely the warden got word that someone farted and she thought the place should be locked down for "safety measures"! But one wife told me her husband called last night and said they were having early lockdown due to the storms, so hopefully no fights this time. I dont know why they would still be locked down today though unless the old dependable fences went out AGAIN! So if anyone hears from their love ones there please post of message. Lets see what excuse it is this time! Thanks everyone!
Another wife sent me a message that they have been moving in the 3rd beds into the cells so she thinks this maybe why they are on lockdown. It is crazy that they are even adding these 3rd beds in a already overcrowded facility, but that is another topic for me to fuss about another day I guess.