Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:26 AM

Default Bastrop Lockdown?

[Thanks for this news... we get a call from our son every couple days just to say he is OK, and there has been no word since last week. This explains it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Linsa For This Useful Post:
MAYROSE (07-21-2009)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2009, 01:45 PM

Default Other prison boards

MayRose:

I've done a bit of searching and this is the closest thing to a BASTROP FCI "board" I've found.

I have seen other Bastrop related posts on here, so if you ever do have a question or concern, even if it's not related to a lockdown, I think this forum would be the best place to discuss your question. There are thousands of users who frequent this forum and for the most part, people here are very receptive and understanding.

Also, thanks for posting about your conversation with the security guard! At least now we have a good estimate on when calls/visits will resume.
The Following User Says Thank You to drmrboyc For This Useful Post:
MAYROSE (07-21-2009)
Old 07-21-2009, 04:16 PM

I am new to the forum, but not new to the system. Thanks for the update on the lockdown!
Old 07-21-2009, 04:30 PM

FCI El-Reno had an 8 day lock down over a killing while I was in so it shouldnt be long. The prisoners still get there mail even in a lock down so keep writing to them, they are as worried as you are. Sounds like they are eating sack lunches, and being pulled form there cells one by one to see if anyone knows anything.

JS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swaney3 For This Useful Post:
MAYROSE (07-21-2009), tolong (07-21-2009)
Old 07-21-2009, 05:40 PM

My hubby just called from the camp, but not sure if low is off of lockdown.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vickiandricky For This Useful Post:
annjamamma (07-22-2009), drmrboyc (07-22-2009), MAYROSE (07-21-2009)
Old 07-21-2009, 09:32 PM

I'm so glad I found this website, it's very helpful. I was trying to find out what happened at Bastrop FCI. I tried visiting my husband on Sunday and was told visitation was cancelled & hadn't heard from my husband until today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamagirl View Post
A friend was visiting my loved one at Bastrop Camp yesterday. He called me to let me know that visitation was cut short and closed down abruptly without explanation, other than there was an "incident."

That's never happened to my knowledge in the year my loved one has been there -- anyone know what happened? My loved one was supposed to call tonight and hasn't -- I'm wondering if the Camp is on lockdown?

Any information is greatly appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktorres09 For This Useful Post:
MAYROSE (07-21-2009)
Old 07-21-2009, 10:04 PM

Thanks Swaney3, I appreciate your insight. What is the day like in lockdown? Do you have to stay in your cell all day. Do they bring you sack lunches in the cell? Showers etc. Thanks in advance.....Mayrose

Last edited by MAYROSE; 07-21-2009 at 10:22 PM..
Old 07-21-2009, 10:13 PM

Thanks ktorres09, Did you get a phone call today or was it by mail. Thanks again for your post....Mayrose
Old 07-21-2009, 11:29 PM
anxiously awaiting!

My hubby is at the low and generally calls everyday or every other day... I have not heard from him since last week. I found all the info on here so i'm assuming that's why he is unable to call. I called the prison yesterday and was told that he was there and safe but of course that's all the info they would give. Hopefully he calls tomorrow or I atleast get a letter. Otherwise I will check here for updates and if I hear anything I will do the same for all of you.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:07 AM

Default Camp Visiting is Open

Just an FYI, as someone mentioned it earlier.

My father, at the camp, was able to call me yesterday and said visiting will be on this weekend. I'm not sure if the low is allowing visiting as well, it seems we still have yet to hear from anyone on the low side.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:34 AM

Hi, my hubby is at the Bastrop camp and I like visiting there better than the prison. It seems pretty laid back and you are able to visit inside or go outside. The atmosphere seems to be calmer and well the guards there are some really nice ones. I usually go about ever 2-3 months.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:11 AM

Question Bastrop

They don't have any idea when visitation and phones will be reopened. This is the first altercation in this facility in a long while. Sad you have some just trying to get through and home and some with flip attitude.Gentlemen please play well with others.I understand why all must be punished but seems like that might make some more issues rear their ugly head and this is low security. I personally cound'nt handle the stess of the unknown in min or max. All we can do is wait
Old 07-22-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickiandricky View Post
My hubby just called from the camp, but not sure if low is off of lockdown.
PLEASE give a shout out if you hear anything else
Old 07-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Keeper of the Flame

I also heard from my loved one in the Camp last night -- he says they don't know about visitation this weekend, but should know in the next day or so. When I hear, I'll post.

He told me the Camp was locked down until Monday at noon, and the phones were turned back on yesterday. The guys in the camp don't know much about what happened and don't know if the low is off lockdown.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:59 PM

please let us know when low is open
Old 07-22-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYROSE View Post
I spoke to an employee at BASTROP FCI, he did not give any details as to what happened. He did say they were in lockdown and would probably open communications by Wednesday or Thursday. MAYROSE
My son is at Bastrop FCI, have you heard anymore about the lockdown and who got hurt? thank you,
Old 07-22-2009, 04:16 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by texana4152 View Post
My son is at Bastrop FCI, have you heard anymore about the lockdown and who got hurt? thank you,
the newspaper is following it statesman dot com under blotter
Old 07-22-2009, 05:45 PM

has anyone heard anything about bastrop low
Old 07-22-2009, 07:29 PM

My son is an inmate at Bastrop FCI. We have not heard from him since Sat. around 10:30. Thank you for the information. My husband went to the prison on Monday because we had not heard anything and they would not tell him anything. He called the number on the door and was told there was a security breach and they did not know when they would open up for visitation or phone calls.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:41 PM

My husband is at the Low and they are still locked down as of today. Can't seem to get anyone on the phone to ask about visitation this weekend. Please help keep us posted on any news!!!
Old 07-22-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuencars View Post
My husband is at the Low and they are still locked down as of today. Can't seem to get anyone on the phone to ask about visitation this weekend. Please help keep us posted on any news!!!
The unknown is almost as bad as it really being something horrific. I was told during a visit that even though there had not been an incident in years 'THE BOIL WAS ABOUT TO POP' APPARENTLY IT DID. Lets hope the warden has a heart and allows our loved ones to call and have visitation this weekend. please release the lockdown. Im not familiar with the process of FCI if anyone has first hand knowledge educate me. What is the protocal during a lockdown. Im so frustrated he is still MY child and I'm worried.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuencars View Post
my husband is at the low and they are still locked down as of today. Can't seem to get anyone on the phone to ask about visitation this weekend. Please help keep us posted on any news!!!
please even if someone in camp knows something share god bless
Old 07-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,379 Times in 4,637 Posts

During a full lockdown, the inmates are confined to their cells. No phone calls, no commissary, and no visits. You can still send mail to them and they can write you. If the lockdown goes on for a long while, they will sell stamps and envelopes to the inmates. The inmates get sack meals delivered to them in their cells. Wonderful stuff like saltine crackers and a slice of cheese - or maybe a baloney sandwich. Lockdowns last varying amounts of time and you won't know it's over til it's over. Sometimes they come off a lockdown with a "modified" lockdown where the inmates can come out of their cells and take a shower and make a phone call and then go back in. If a camp next door is locked down due to the lockdown, they usually come off the lockdown earlier - because they need the campers to do the work at the FCI of preparing food.

If the lockdown is due to a large inmate fight, they will stay on lockdown while the institution staff investigate and try to figure out who instigated it, etc. Some inmates will end up being put in the SHU and some will eventually be transferred out. Hope this helps. FCI Bastrop has not been a place with a lot of lockdowns, so I'm sure there are lots of worried family members out there.

You'll just need to write your letters and be patient. Oh - one more thing - don't write and ask your inmate to tell you what happened. They won't be able to write about that without causing some problems for themselves, even if they weren't involved.

Last edited by Zelda50; 07-22-2009 at 10:08 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zelda50 For This Useful Post:
annjamamma (07-23-2009), donazerozero (07-24-2009)
Old 07-23-2009, 05:09 AM

Im trying to call low now and they won't answer so I'll keep trying
Old 07-23-2009, 05:18 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda50 View Post
During a full lockdown, the inmates are confined to their cells. No phone calls, no commissary, and no visits. You can still send mail to them and they can write you. If the lockdown goes on for a long while, they will sell stamps and envelopes to the inmates. The inmates get sack meals delivered to them in their cells. Wonderful stuff like saltine crackers and a slice of cheese - or maybe a baloney sandwich. Lockdowns last varying amounts of time and you won't know it's over til it's over. Sometimes they come off a lockdown with a "modified" lockdown where the inmates can come out of their cells and take a shower and make a phone call and then go back in. If a camp next door is locked down due to the lockdown, they usually come off the lockdown earlier - because they need the campers to do the work at the FCI of preparing food.

If the lockdown is due to a large inmate fight, they will stay on lockdown while the institution staff investigate and try to figure out who instigated it, etc. Some inmates will end up being put in the SHU and some will eventually be transferred out. Hope this helps. FCI Bastrop has not been a place with a lot of lockdowns, so I'm sure there are lots of worried family members out there.

You'll just need to write your letters and be patient. Oh - one more thing - don't write and ask your inmate to tell you what happened. They won't be able to write about that without causing some problems for themselves, even if they weren't involved.
You obviously are very knowlgable about these situations and Thank you very much for your intell. Your right those of us that have never been in this kind of situataion befor are worried to death. Patience by no means is a vertu of mine and no mater how old he gets he's still my child so again thank you so much for helping myself and others with loved ones there a little insite