Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Carolina General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in South Carolina that do not fit into any other South Carolina subforum. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind in addition to prison.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Free Tim Wilson

Default Seeking advice - time added to concurrent sentence

My boyfriend is at Allendale Correctional. He has a 3 year 6 month sentence for various charges. All of his charges were suppose to run concurrent to each other. He went back to court in September 2008 for a probation violation. All of this was suppose to be concurrent. Now the SCDC is saying that since he went to court in September 2008, that there is now additional time added to his sentence. His sentence started 9/07. His outdate has always been around 9/09. Now SCDC is saying it is 4/10 because they just entered the sentence info from the September 2008 hearing on May 16th 2009. Why did it take them 8 months to enter the new sentence, it should have been entered when it was received so that it could run concurrent? I need to know who should I contact? Should I contact the probation officer or the public defender or someone with SCDC??? I am just completely lost to this hole ordeal. He had a custody level review 5/09 and was told he was still leaving 9/09. Now they have entered this new info and pushes his outdate out another 7 months??

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2009, 02:33 AM

i would write the judge who sentenced him and i would also write your senator those would probably be the most helpful as i just wrote my senator and got my friends start date corrected so now she comes home a month earlier
Old 05-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Free Tim Wilson

Default writing senator

did you email or actually write a letter?

Old 05-27-2009, 09:20 PM
He'sStillMyPumpkin

When we were tryng to figure out what credit had or had not been given my son for pre-sentence confinement and good time, the only persons who knew or would even talk to me about it was the state DOC "Time Comp" office. They are God when it comes to an outdate. If they are wrong, you have to do the legwork to get it corrected. They were very thorough about explaining to me how they computed their time. It was different from the way we had computed it, but unarguable. I would talk to them first and find out exactly how they arrived at their answer, then go backwards to the court and get transcripts of the sentencing hearing (if necessary). Sometimes what was actually said in courtroom, and what gets recorded, are not 100% the same. You can always order (pay for) actual transcripts of every word that was said. I think in some jurisdictions, you can get a recording. That would be your most definitive evidence. You may find, that in fact, you misunderstood or misheard. Either way, and transcript of recording of proceedings is pretty hard for them to fight.