Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California: County & City Jail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California: County & City Jail Discussions Topics & Discussions relating to County & City Jails in California.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcb2010 View Post
Just an update & some info...we sprung my husband last Friday on house arrest which is so needed because he is allowed to work (so far) and since he runs his own business, it is a life saver.
All the financial horror stories are true...the probation / early release interviewers tell you not to worry, the cost is (avg) around $3 a day, on a sliding scale..ya right. Then you drive all the way up to Lancaster to sit and get told by the company that provides the ankle bracelet that it will be in excess of $450 a month! (about $15 / day) my husband said "great, when can I get back to jail? no way could I afford it."
Then they backed off a bit and we were able to provide copies of all of our bills vs. what we have for income and the folks there dropped it by half, so now it is $110 (approx) every 2 weeks (total of $800 for the full sentence time) and the start up cost was $130 (not to mention the probation dues, court fees etc. equalling around $400 more! Which suddenly come due even though you are not yet really on probation, but in "custody" ) Some highlights of our experience so far:
*Ability (like I said, so far) to work 6am-6pm M-F
*Cannot even go out the front door even into our yard, must stay inside (but that sure beats County)
*bi-weekly trips to Lancaster (Faaaaar) and monthly trips to the P.O.
*RANDOM PHONE CALLS at 11:00PM then waking you up at 03:30 AM both to just call to verify your name & bday and SS#. These so far have been distressing but we will learn to deal with it.
*Call came in last night at 10:30PM telling my husband he was to be in Sylmar at their office (?) at 8:30am...my husband asked where it was, address or anything, they said they didn't know (??) so he said "how can I be there at 8:30am if I don't know where to go?" she said "call the office in Lancaster, which opens at (you guessed it) 8:30am" ...uh huh...this is supposedly for "maintenance" of the equipment but it made me VERY nervous because he left to go to work for the first time yesterday (w/in the assigned hours).
I think they just make it standard procedure to mess with them so they don't get comfy.
On the upside, his PRD (end of house arrest) is in October, which is only a little over 4 months of a 365 sentence, so that part is true. House arrest is not your whole sentence, just the whole of your PRD.
If you guys are interested, I will let you know what BS goes on today...(but I am glad he is home)
Hi my husband just applied for house arrest how long does the process take ? Thanks for your help
Sponsored Links