Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Do you wish you loved someone else?
Absolutely not! I love my man and only him! 50 73.53%
Yes. It'd be nice to have someone to come home to... 13 19.12%
I don't know 5 7.35%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2017, 04:02 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,807 Posts

Truthfully... sometimes.
It's not the "coming home to" part, it's the unknown. I'm crazy about him and I only want the best for him - but also for me. He'll go through the motions as they come available to him and I'm sure he'll be out sooner than later (with regards to his sentence) but I'm done screwing around with my life, I want peace and quiet and something fundamental in my life. I just wonder sometimes if he'll be able to give me that with all the stuff that will happen to him (good things).
So... as much as I want him in my life... sometimes I wish it'd be different...
miamac (06-25-2017), Tinker8ell55 (05-29-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2017, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
Truthfully... sometimes.
It's not the "coming home to" part, it's the unknown. I'm crazy about him and I only want the best for him - but also for me. He'll go through the motions as they come available to him and I'm sure he'll be out sooner than later (with regards to his sentence) but I'm done screwing around with my life, I want peace and quiet and something fundamental in my life. I just wonder sometimes if he'll be able to give me that with all the stuff that will happen to him (good things).
So... as much as I want him in my life... sometimes I wish it'd be different...
I absolutely love my significant other. However, I would love to come home after work to someone. My LO and I talk about this because it is natural to want your partner with you at night, during the days to simply have lunch together, etc.
I believe you can't help who you love. Yes, I love him and Yes, I wish I didn't have to think about lockup and have stability. But this is what I have chosen and for me it works, the unknown is a major piece of having a LO incarcerated. It is not ideal but remember we make our own choices. (Easier said than done, I know) Your feelings are natural, don't let it consume you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nicolezv For This Useful Post:
HisHarleyQ (06-22-2017), His_Queen13 (06-06-2017), MizzyMuffling (06-06-2017)
Old 06-06-2017, 05:17 AM

Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,799 Posts

Absolutely not!!! My husband is my best friend. We met and were together out of prison for years. Prison isn't who my husband is it's the mistake he made.....he Will come right back home to me and we will never speak of this chapter in our lives again. I couldn't even imagine my life without him in it. It would be way worse then what it is now. Taking one day at a time until my love is back home. I can't wait.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:44 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Absolutely not!!! My husband is my best friend. We met and were together out of prison for years. Prison isn't who my husband is it's the mistake he made.....he Will come right back home to me and we will never speak of this chapter in our lives again. I couldn't even imagine my life without him in it. It would be way worse then what it is now. Taking one day at a time until my love is back home. I can't wait.
I believe if I had met Jeff on the outside, things/feelings might be different as well. But I met him only 2,5 years ago as a pen-pal. I do love him and I will love him through whatever comes but there's this "apprehension" which I think is normal when the light at the end of the tunnel gets brighter and brighter and I'm thinking about the "what-if's" when he'll be home. Could be an overactive mind, could be because I'm scared, but above all, I'm very very happy for him to get ready for release with being moved to minimum and starting to work on the outside.. (in due time of course).
So one day at a time and trying to stay in the NOW
Old 06-06-2017, 07:17 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

No. He is my best friend, my childhood sweetheart. I was actually married when we reconnected, but my late husband had a terminal illness. I couldn't imagine trying to find anyone new after he died, because I had only met and married my late husband because I had been told M was dead instead of that he went to prison. Truthfully there has never been another man for me but I settled for 11 and a half years with my late husband simply because I believed M was gone.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:57 PM

Personally no .... Him and I had been off and on and it's been super complicated at times since we met but I literally ache for him ... We could never stay away from each other ever 👏👌😍... Even if we were seeing other people , we couldn't help it .... he's my dream 👑😌 and I prayed for him to grow out of his player phase 🙏 and get it together and going to prison did that for him , it changes these men some for better some for worse in my baby's case it was for the better ... And as wierd as it sounds ... On one hand I hate him being locked up .... But sometimes I thank god he got locked up and was forced to leave these streets and leave behind his old ways etc... So my answer is and always and forever no I don't wish I loved someone else ✋👏
Old 06-20-2017, 07:23 AM

Absolutely not!!!! We met through a friend who spoke about him for years. I would listen to her stories and wish I could meet him. He lives some hours away and was with someone so it was what it was. But one day he just happened to come up to visit and him and his gf were not together. The very moment I seen him OMG. I knew I would have him. He tried for about a week and I gave in and the rest is history. I wasn't letting him go EVER!!! Within three days he told me he loved me and that he's never felt this kind of connection before. And that his soul seen it's reflection in mine and knew we were meant to be. He's the love of my life and my best friend. Yes our current situation is pretty hard and has been a struggle for both of us but it's made our already strong relationship stronger. I love him and always will. No-one will ever take his place in my heart.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:05 PM

Well I posted here twice but that's ok.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:32 PM
El Amor es Paciente

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Absolutely not!!!! We met through a friend who spoke about him for years. I would listen to her stories and wish I could meet him. He lives some hours away and was with someone so it was what it was. But one day he just happened to come up to visit and him and his gf were not together. The very moment I seen him OMG. I knew I would have him. He tried for about a week and I gave in and the rest is history. I wasn't letting him go EVER!!! Within three days he told me he loved me and that he's never felt this kind of connection before. And that his soul seen it's reflection in mine and knew we were meant to be. He's the love of my life and my best friend. Yes our current situation is pretty hard and has been a struggle for both of us but it's made our already strong relationship stronger. I love him and always will. No-one will ever take his place in my heart.
I read all the posts on here and love reading everyone's stories, but this one comes the closest to mine and it kinda gave me the chills....my baby and I knew each other years prior to him going in. He worked with my ex husband for a couple of years and they were best friends...he was married too...but same thing happened here...I would listen to all the stories my ex would tell me about them and the other guys at work...he even had a video on his phone of them all messing around...and as weird as this may sound, I would grab his phone while he was asleep and watch that video clip over and over just to see my baby's face....when you see the face and aura of your soul companion, no force on earth can keep you apart after that....he even says now "I knew it was you the moment I met you..." and we didn't get to spend any real time together at all (we were both married), but after he went away, we started writing letters to each other. We wrote each other letters every week for a year and talked 1-2x per week on the phone. It was always friendly....sweet, of course...but we never went beyond friends....until one day we just told each other how we really feel about each other....now? Oh man, we talk everyday. He treated me so wonderfully all this time as friends...but now he treats me like an absolute Goddess...we are so in love and we go crazy thinking and talking about what it's going to be like when he finally leaves that place...only 7 months to go...but what's great is that we started by forming a really deep bond, and we've really taken the time to get to know each other....I wouldn't have it any other way....it matters to me that he's doing time, but I trust in the man that he is and I know that he will come home much more humble than he ever was before and will start rebuilding his life......anyways, sorry I got a little carried away sharing a piece of my story, but reading yours inspired me because that's just how love is sometimes
nygirl17 (06-22-2017)
Old 06-22-2017, 11:15 AM
Account Closed

I could go home & live with my parents if I wanted to. Have a stable living situation, etc.

I rather be homeless with my man. Cause going home means I would lose him. My parents are too strict for words. They don't even know he's locked up. Its not their business.

Does that answer your question? Lol
Old 06-22-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuttyLove View Post
I read all the posts on here and love reading everyone's stories, but this one comes the closest to mine and it kinda gave me the chills....my baby and I knew each other years prior to him going in. He worked with my ex husband for a couple of years and they were best friends...he was married too...but same thing happened here...I would listen to all the stories my ex would tell me about them and the other guys at work...he even had a video on his phone of them all messing around...and as weird as this may sound, I would grab his phone while he was asleep and watch that video clip over and over just to see my baby's face....when you see the face and aura of your soul companion, no force on earth can keep you apart after that....he even says now "I knew it was you the moment I met you..." and we didn't get to spend any real time together at all (we were both married), but after he went away, we started writing letters to each other. We wrote each other letters every week for a year and talked 1-2x per week on the phone. It was always friendly....sweet, of course...but we never went beyond friends....until one day we just told each other how we really feel about each other....now? Oh man, we talk everyday. He treated me so wonderfully all this time as friends...but now he treats me like an absolute Goddess...we are so in love and we go crazy thinking and talking about what it's going to be like when he finally leaves that place...only 7 months to go...but what's great is that we started by forming a really deep bond, and we've really taken the time to get to know each other....I wouldn't have it any other way....it matters to me that he's doing time, but I trust in the man that he is and I know that he will come home much more humble than he ever was before and will start rebuilding his life......anyways, sorry I got a little carried away sharing a piece of my story, but reading yours inspired me because that's just how love is sometimes
Beautiful story. Isn't love amazing. It always finds a way to make it happen so to speak. Can't wait to hear your homecoming story. I know I'll ve posting mine but we have twice what you have so you might not be on to hear mine. I just can't wait.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:32 PM

nope. he comes home in 3 months.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:17 PM
J's baby forever

I'll be honest. Sometimes, I do.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:09 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,113 Times in 622 Posts

Heck no!! He's the ONLY one for me!! I do wish the circumstances were different but they aren't so we choose to live, love and enjoy what we have.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:08 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 5,800 Times in 2,192 Posts

From a man's perspective regarding his woman.....

I've always drawn people to me. Before Dee came along and after. Dee herself is someone who just kind of became drawn to me.

And a lot of those people have been women.

I can say I have met many, many wonderful women in my life. Most of them single for at least some stretch of time. And while Dee was locked up there were easily 10 women I could have easily let myself fall for. Not just any women. But true, quality women. The kind of women that any man of any worth would be happy to be with from all sorts of walks of life. I could have left at any point and had my pick of great potential partners.

So because I have had those opportunities, and because I got to know those women and develop quality friendships with them....I can honestly say that no. I don't wish I loved somebody else. And I can say that with eyes fully open because I very well could have loved someone else. But I chose Dee.

Some have more in common with me. Some better match my personality. Some would want to be closer and have a deeper, more intimate relationship in a way that would be obvious on a superficial level.

But none of those women fit me the way Dee does. There is a certain peace I have when I am with her that I have never had with anyone else. And despite our differences....the fact she isn't as warm as some women I have known....the fact she is not as immediately open as others.....at the end of the day, somehow, we just fit. And that's love. Not every moment is a rush. The right one, to me, is the one you still love when there are no words to say.

So....I believe I love exactly who I am supposed to love. And I would not trade that.

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
BearsLadyBear (05-24-2019), HIS Ladybug (06-29-2017), K6770 (06-26-2017), Revenwyn (06-26-2017)
Old 06-27-2017, 08:05 PM
J's baby forever

I want to revise my answer to no, not at all... After thinking about it I only wish our circumstances were different at the moment and depression from all the stress of this stuff can really bring some negative thoughts around. But I will love him and only him for the rest of my life. I choose him daily and will continue to.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:13 PM

Definitely NOT! True, I wish i had someone to come home to and cuddle with but i want that with him. He is the only man for me and no one can take his place. It is very hard not having him here and I yearn for him everyday but he treats me like his Queen and I can't imagine being without him.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:39 PM
Psycho Wife

I actually asked my curandera ( spiritual advisor ) if she could do something that would make me stop loving him. She advised against it, of course.

I wish I didn't love him the way I do.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:08 AM
Banned

I couldn't imagine loving someone else but my man. If anyone answered yes to the question then they never was in love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmForeverHis View Post
Do you ever wish you were in love with someone who wasn't in prison and had no record? Not just wishing your man wasn't in prison, but in love with someone else altogether. The question just popped into my mind. For me, I can't imagine being with anyone else. I love my man so much, I want no one else, as hard as this time is.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:46 PM
Strength Keeps Me Going

When I finally told him I'd love him that was the best feeling to finally get that off my chest. To also let him know I was falling in love with him. I wouldn't take that back or regret even expressing that to him. His record/past doesn't change anything that I feel for him. I wasn't looking to love or be with a man that was in prison. It happen and I'll never regret the way it did. I know he has mention he wish he met me before he caught his case. He feels things would of been differently for him. He never has had a woman that speaks to him like I do. He was changing his life way before I had met him. But once I came along I added more motivation towards his change. I don't regret nothing!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to keywii For This Useful Post:
Juleslove (05-20-2019)
Old 05-19-2019, 01:12 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,826 Times in 4,499 Posts

No I would chose my husband in any way in any lifetime. I have waited a long time for him to come along.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
kellydavid410 (05-20-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 01:39 PM

Hell no! I love every part of his being and I know he loves every part of mine
Old 05-28-2019, 10:54 PM

No not at all. I want THIS man, no other will do. I have loved him since I was in junior high lol, that's when our story began. I'm glad I married him and I would do it again.😊