Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:54 PM
Deraj

Quote:
Originally Posted by supportafriend

It's my understanding that many of the prisons don't have AC, other than in a few areas, such as the visiting rooms.
Wow. That's just horrible & sad. :-( Thanks for the info.!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2011, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlylove196

Wow. That's just horrible & sad. :-( Thanks for the info.!
I ran across a thread last night that talked about this and some of the stories, where the prisons reach temps of 100-140 degrees inside, are really sad for sure.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Account Closed

I have a loved one here and have visited here, so if you have any questions I will try my best to answer ANY that you have!!
Old 11-26-2011, 05:02 PM
♪ ♥ ♪ ♥
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysgirl618
I have a loved one here and have visited here, so if you have any questions I will try my best to answer ANY that you have!!
Really? I have a LO here too. It seems like this Fed prison is hard to get ANY info from lol. Can you tell me what the visiting is like?
Old 06-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Donation Award 

Location: Somewhere out there, beneath the clear blue sky (f)
Thanked 1,224 Times in 738 Posts

Any updates on what is like here, visiting, food with budget cuts, etc.?
Old 07-25-2012, 08:10 PM

Default USMCFP Springfield - Lockdown??

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any info on Springfield Medical Center...I haven't heard from my boyfriend and it is VERY unlike him. Starting to worry. He had been saying the last few days that things were going on there but didn't get into to much detail and he was hoping it would blow over but now I haven't heard from him. Anyone have any details or any info on how I can get some additional info? Thanks in advance....
Old 07-30-2012, 05:21 PM
Lovin Nakia

Arrow FMC Springfield

Although, I have lived in Springfield, for the better part of 27 years, I don't know much about the prison itself. I'm in need of any info about the preferred living (camp) at the Federal Medical Center in Springfield. I have very little info about the prison in general, and none what so ever about the camp. My husband says that is where he will be getting designated, and wondering how camp living is compared to prison living? Are they allowed to leave the grounds of the prison? He has told me that he will have to go to the prison first before getting outside the fence, and that it's very difficult to get there. And because we can't really talk much about it, he's been able to explain some of the situation by code. I appreciate any info that you can provide, as I have looked on PTO for hours to find info and I have come up with very little. Thanks in advance, and hopefully you will be able to shed light to someone else who's LO is located here.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:37 PM
Lovin Nakia

I live here and I haven't seen or heard of anything going on in the news, that's not to say that something hasn't happened. I do know that it's been brutally hot here, and I have seen posts where there is no a/c in the prison. If I hear of anything on the news, I will be sure to let you know. I hope that nothing serious has happened and he will be in touch soon.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Shannon

Hello all.
My fiance was recently designated to MCFP Sprinfield & will spend his remaining 18 months there. From what he's told me so far, it seems to be a pretty laid-back environment. He said it reminds him of a hospital setting more than anything. He is on dialysis, so that's why he was sent there in the first place. He said they even have hospital-like beds to sleep in, so he really has no complaints when comparing it to the facility he just left. He said there's many programs to get into, a library, exercise room, rec room, etc. He also made reference to the prison staff treating him with respect. I will keep you guys updated on anything else I learn along the way.
The Following User Says Thank You to BOOKIES For This Useful Post:
Seattle118 (11-06-2017)
Old 01-08-2014, 10:00 PM

The only fed prison that I have heard of wo ac was Texarkana. Forrest City has ac and Ft. Worth has ac why would a medical facility not have ac ????
Old 02-24-2017, 09:54 PM

I spent 5 years at Springfield and the only building that doesn't have AC is 8 building, only work cadre inmates live there, about 300 inmates. All the other buildings including the medical wards have AC.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TLeslie For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-25-2017), Itshardtowait (01-09-2018), Seattle118 (06-20-2017)
Old 01-09-2018, 02:31 AM

Default Son in transport to FMC Springfield, Mo

Hi, Can anyone give me some information about the Springfield Facility? Thank You
Old 01-09-2018, 02:55 AM

Default Anything you could tell me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlylove196 View Post
I'm looking for any & all info about MCFP Springfield in Missouri. I'm curious if anyone knows how the incarcerated patients are treated there? Does anyone know what it's like in there? Any & all kinds of info would be appreciated. Thanks so much!
My son is in transport to the FMC Springfield, could you please tell me about it, anything would be gratefully appreciated, Thank You
Old 01-09-2018, 07:20 AM

Default Son on way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshardtowait View Post
My son is in transport to the FMC Springfield, could you please tell me about it, anything would be gratefully appreciated, Thank You
Mcfp is an administrative level institution that is easy to get along in. They have a lot of rules and if youíre wanting to do dope itís not the place to be. The medical department is well maintained and nicer than the workers dorms so if he is going there for that he will like it. There are inmates from every level there since it is a medical facility. Visits are ok but they are closely watched. If you need any specific info let me know and I will reply.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TLeslie For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-09-2018), Itshardtowait (01-09-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 05:31 AM

Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLeslie View Post
Mcfp is an administrative level institution that is easy to get along in. They have a lot of rules and if youíre wanting to do dope itís not the place to be. The medical department is well maintained and nicer than the workers dorms so if he is going there for that he will like it. There are inmates from every level there since it is a medical facility. Visits are ok but they are closely watched. If you need any specific info let me know and I will reply.
Thank You
The Following User Says Thank You to Itshardtowait For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-14-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 01:28 AM

Default Electronic Tablets

Quote:
Hi, Do you know if they have electronic tablets in Ferderal Medical Center, Springfield? Thank You
Old 02-02-2018, 06:18 PM

Default He finally made it to FMC Springfield, MO

BOP says my son is in Springfield as of today, waiting for phone call, He was in Oklahoma for 35 days at the transfer center, with no phone available, canít wait to hear his voice
fbopnomore (02-02-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Anything else you could tell me would be much appreciated, He has a Mental Problem and is being re-stored
Old 02-02-2018, 06:43 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,693 Times in 13,059 Posts

The federal medical centers are as close to a real hospital as the bop gets. They will have a dedicated mental health unit, so his situation should be better than it was in a regular bop prison.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:31 PM

Thank You
fbopnomore (02-03-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Thank You for your time and all your information!
Old 02-07-2018, 09:25 AM

Hey ladies!! any info on mcfp Springfield would be appreciated ! My husband was transferred from mccreary, hopefully Springfield doesn't go on lock down as much as mccreary. How is visit?? Any hotel recommendations in the area?? Any info will be greatly appreciated!! Glad this place is a little closer to home!! I'm from Texas!!
Old 02-07-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Joey's View Post
Hey ladies!! any info on mcfp Springfield would be appreciated ! My husband was transferred from mccreary, hopefully Springfield doesn't go on lock down as much as mccreary. How is visit?? Any hotel recommendations in the area?? Any info will be greatly appreciated!! Glad this place is a little closer to home!! I'm from Texas!!
I am just learning a lot about MCFP Springfield, as my son got there last week, I havenít went to visit yet, Visiting days are Saturday and Sunday and Federal Legal holidays, 8:15-3:15. They have vending machines, and it is a good place to be if you have to be incarcerated, There are many hotels to choose from!
Old 10-18-2018, 09:45 AM
Donation Award 

Default Springfield medical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Joey's View Post

My husband was assigned to MCFP Springfield by the judge so we are not sure if this is going to be his designation. They may send him to a camp instead. He is minimum security. They don't seem to have a camp anymore at Springfield. We are trying to find out how bad or good the conditions are for minimum security inmates at Springfield. We also heard that, despite his minimum security designation, the prison doesn't have minimum and only has low. Should he try to get a different designation? We can't find out anything about what incarceration is like for minimum security type inmates at Springfield. We did hear that like other medical centers it is air-conditioned and we heard that most inmates can get their own cells. So we were wondering about that and other things - such as activities, freedom of movement, what other inmates are like etc. If he goes to Springfield he would be placed in a psychiatric unit and we worry that he will be mixed with dangerous psychiatric inmates when his offense was just white collar.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:42 PM

Hi,
My son has been there for almost a year now, I last visited in May and they still had a Camp. There has not been any serious violence there, no lockdowns, and the Staff are good. My son is in one of the Psych units and he’s says they mostly all get along, Springfield has units that are not Psych Units, so unless he has an issue that needs psychiatric care he would be in a Regular unit. It’s a very old facility 1933. Every unit has air conditioning except the work cadre unit. In the visiting room it seemed to lean toward older men, some were on oxygen, some in wheel chairs, but all in all visiting was great, Vending machines, photos, etc., no tables just chair and you face your inmate. My son goes outside a lot. My son has late onset schizophrenia so factor that into what I’m going to say, He says he really likes it there, he likes the Arts and Crafts, he likes making no-bake cookies, he buys Hagen daz ice cream, for the Forth of July the staff put on a BBQ for them outside. I send him a lot of Books and Magazines. At the present moment he is in the hole because he was caught smoking, he of course doesn’t like the hole. If you have specific questions just ask!

OWL