Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:49 PM

Hello everyone my fiance will be transferred to yazoo medium soon from Atwater USP CA, and I would like any info on the facility as well. I'm originally from Jackson Ms but knows nothing about the prison there or anywhere for that matter. Fortunately I am only 45 minutes away and will be visiting once a week when he arrive so I will keep everyone posted on what I can. Good luck everyone on this next chapter of the journey. I'll stay in touch.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 01:58 PM
~NDNAVO~

Yes actually, my fiancé is there. Is your LO at the medium or low? Feel fee to pm me

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda_gravatt View Post
My Fiance Is In Fci Yazoo City, Ms. I Was Just Wondering If Anyone
Has A Loved One At The Same Prison

Old 01-08-2013, 12:51 PM
never back down :)

Home from another visit I cannot wait until he moves closer to home. Both flying & driving miles are 500 miles away from home, Thank you FBOP! It was another usual visit. Vending machines stealing money, CO's not wanting to work, etc. Overall our visit's at Yazoo are always decent.
Katallac04 (01-28-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 02:17 PM

Can anyone provide any insights their visitation approval process? I sent my form in yesterday and the questions are pretty detailed. I have never been on probation or parole. I caught a small charge 18 years ago. I was 18 when it happened and had to pay a fine of $25. I am wondering if they will hold this against me. I was approved previously to visit a childhood friend though back in 2009 however he is serving a life sentence in the state system. I dont know if the background process differs from Federal than it does with state. Hoping that I am approved. Anyhow, back to federal I knew him LONG before he was incarcerated. We were high school sweethearts and I know his family as well. I visited our hometown and ran into his sister and she connected me with him.
Also does anyone have any information on Yazoo City Lower level visitation...personal experiences with dress codes/layout of visitation room, etc.

Thank You!
Old 02-20-2013, 03:15 PM
Mrs. Garnett

I think you will be ok! You didn't committ a felony so I think your ok and if you go to bop.gov and go to Yazoo page it will have a thing for visiting regulations. I hoped this helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by one4blackberry View Post
Can anyone provide any insights their visitation approval process? I sent my form in yesterday and the questions are pretty detailed. I have never been on probation or parole. I caught a small charge 18 years ago. I was 18 when it happened and had to pay a fine of $25. I am wondering if they will hold this against me. I was approved previously to visit a childhood friend though back in 2009 however he is serving a life sentence in the state system. I dont know if the background process differs from Federal than it does with state. Hoping that I am approved. Anyhow, back to federal I knew him LONG before he was incarcerated. We were high school sweethearts and I know his family as well. I visited our hometown and ran into his sister and she connected me with him.
Also does anyone have any information on Yazoo City Lower level visitation...personal experiences with dress codes/layout of visitation room, etc.

Thank You!

Old 08-14-2013, 08:03 PM

my husband just got designated to yazoo med.. we are from new york, so really have no clue what to expect---- any advice for me???? please !!!!!!!!!! im desperate!!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 08:31 PM

My LO has been there since January of this year. This is the only prison we have ever dealt with, so I can't compare it to others, but from some of the stuff I have read about some of the others, it is more laid back.
Do you have any thing in particular you want to know?? I'm sure I can answer them.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:59 PM

yes mostly visits-- can you wear open toe shoes>? earrings, bracelets>? do they use the ion scanner >? underwire bra>? thanks!
Old 09-22-2013, 06:27 PM

Default Visit to Yazoo City Low

I will soon be visiting my son at Yazoo Low. This will be third visit in 3 years. Visiting time is 5-8PM. The first year we could get in the building to register beginning at 4:30. Last year we could not enter building until 5, so visiting didn't happen until about 5:45. Anybody know what their "policy" is now. Thanks for your help!!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:51 PM

Default Anyone else's Love One at FCI Yazoo Medium

Happy New Year Everyone!

I am checking to see if anyone has a loved one at FCI Yazoo Medium? My fiance was transferred there on a parole violation. He has one month left. I have no idea what to expect, and I am new to this site. I will tell you this, this site is a wealth of information and thanks Fbopnomore for all of your continued help with questions!

Just wanted to reach out to see if anyone else has someone at Yazoo Medium and what to expect.

Thanks so much!
Old 01-27-2014, 11:58 AM
http://tickers.TickerFact

Heyy my man is at yazoo medium!! He says it is just like other prisons but not to bad though...

Old 01-29-2014, 08:41 PM

Hey HollandKim! Thanks for your response! I just send you a PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:37 PM

Angry New Visiting Rules at Yazoo

My loved one, my fiance is in YazooCity Low and has just informed me that the visitation rules have changed. He is saying we can no longer sit together but must sit across from each other and he can no longer walk with me to the vending machines and microwave, only to have our pics made. Does anyone have a loved one in this facility? He is saying that it is the wardens new rules. In the past since I've been visiting him there for about over 4 years we have always sat together and got up to go to the vending machines together. This is so ridiculous. This warden needs to go. I have noticed that they usally get a new warden every year or so. Does anyone know anything about that, how often wardens are changed out? Since "She" has come there she has come down on these guys like a lead cannonball on a fly. Its bad enough without her just taking all of their life away. This is not the only changes she has made that takes away what joy they have in there. This is the low facility, not the one with the high risk violent offenders. She is taking all of their joy for life away and it is going to result in a lot of trouble and depressed and frustrated inmates and contributes to hardening them, Definitely not helping them to get ready to be re-entered back into society. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is frustrated with this and angered by it. I want to know what can be done about this because this just isn't right. They need their family's contact, love and affection. I can only go and see him ever 2-3 months sometimes I have to wait 4 months.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KupCake310 View Post
My loved one, my fiance is in YazooCity Low and has just informed me that the visitation rules have changed. He is saying we can no longer sit together but must sit across from each other and he can no longer walk with me to the vending machines and microwave, only to have our pics made. Does anyone have a loved one in this facility? He is saying that it is the wardens new rules. In the past since I've been visiting him there for about over 4 years we have always sat together and got up to go to the vending machines together. This is so ridiculous. This warden needs to go. I have noticed that they usally get a new warden every year or so. Does anyone know anything about that, how often wardens are changed out? Since "She" has come there she has come down on these guys like a lead cannonball on a fly. Its bad enough without her just taking all of their life away. This is not the only changes she has made that takes away what joy they have in there. This is the low facility, not the one with the high risk violent offenders. She is taking all of their joy for life away and it is going to result in a lot of trouble and depressed and frustrated inmates and contributes to hardening them, Definitely not helping them to get ready to be re-entered back into society. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is frustrated with this and angered by it. I want to know what can be done about this because this just isn't right. They need their family's contact, love and affection. I can only go and see him ever 2-3 months sometimes I have to wait 4 months.
This seems to be the new trend in a lot of prisons unfortunately.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:02 PM

Haven't heard from my husband since last night Yazoo med Does anyone know if they have phone or corrlinks issue???? Lockdown??? Any info would be great Thanks!!! WORRIED
Old 04-18-2014, 09:24 PM

Any up to date info on yazoo medium??
Old 04-19-2014, 06:11 AM
We live...we learn...
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,009 Times in 1,338 Posts

Haven't been there in about five months but I'm headed to visitation next weekend so I'll update afterwards.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:24 AM
http://tickers.TickerFact

Heyy does anyone know if they are on lockdown? Havent heard from my man in more then a week.. Hope it is just money, but send him a moneyorder which should have arrived by now..
Hate the waiting!

Old 06-18-2014, 02:18 PM

I understand power has been off at Yazoo Low since Sunday. Anybody know anything about this? Thanks
Old 06-22-2014, 09:20 PM
Mother of two in prison

Dad44, I was notified by a poster in another forum about this situation. He is also a father of an inmate at this prison. His son told him they haven't had power since last Sunday. For a while they had generators running, but they ran out of fuel. So, the inmates are in total darkness, confined to their cells. reduced to one meal per day and the food is contaminated with cockroaches and rats, because they're unable to inspect it in the total darkness.

I googled and found two articles about this situation. Here are the links:

June 17: http://www.wjtv.com/story/25802373/p...federal-prison

June 19: http://www.wjtv.com/story/25816197/y...rs-and-inmates

I sent emails to both reporters and one did respond to me. She asked for a link to the forum on which I found the information. I haven't given it to her, even though it might be easy for her to find, if she did some digging.

Rather, I posted her email address on that other forum, encouraging the other concerned dad to contact the reporter himself. I'll do the same here:

Perrise Thomas, pthomas@wjtv.com

Let us know if you communicate with her and how it goes.

I have two sons in state prisons in two other states, so I'm very sympathetic to the family members of these inmates.
The Following User Says Thank You to Honestwitness For This Useful Post:
dad44 (06-23-2014)
Old 06-23-2014, 06:27 AM

Thanks Honest Witness for the information. The last I heard from my son was Friday 6/20. Nothing had changed. Will post when I hear more. Hope you will too. I will email both reporters.
The Following User Says Thank You to dad44 For This Useful Post:
Honestwitness (06-24-2014)
Old 06-28-2014, 01:34 PM
Mother of two in prison

Dad44, I just learned that the power was restored yesterday. Whew! Did you receive any responses from the reporters?
The Following User Says Thank You to Honestwitness For This Useful Post:
dad44 (06-29-2014)
Old 06-29-2014, 06:20 AM

Son called yesterday. Power was restored Wednesday, 6/25. 11 days without. I did email reporters, did not hear back. I also called he prison and BOP. No answer other than "we are aware of the problem and working on it and will be resolved as soon as possible". 11 days a long time with no power in 100 degree days.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:57 PM

Default Is there a Yazoo City USP in the works

I keep hearing rumors that a USP is being built or is already open in Yazoo City. Does anyone know anything about this? It's not listed on the BOP site. But I found the architect's site with photos of a USP facility. Thanks for any info!
Old 06-29-2014, 02:45 PM

There are a low and medium security at Yazoo City. I understand a high has been built there, but has not been funded to open.
The Following User Says Thank You to dad44 For This Useful Post:
rosefinalfight (06-29-2014)