Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:31 PM
~NDNAVO~

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda_gravatt
My Fiance Is In Fci Yazoo City, Ms. I Was Just Wondering If Anyone
Has A Loved One At The Same Prison
Yes my boyfriend is in FCI Yazoo City Medium. I live in St. Louis and his momma lives in the bootheel of Missouri and very sick. Thankfully last weekend I was able to bring her to see her son. She was so happy to be able to hug him as it'd been almost 2 years since she's last been able to do so. It's a long drive but not nearly as far as I realize it could be aka Alaska, so I'm just countingnmy lucky stars. He's got quite a while left (8.5 years) so were just taking things day by day. I would really like to haw him closer but I'll take Yazoo for now. It's a very small town but it served it's purpose and makes me happy that there are decent hotels there, well one lol. If anyone has any info on this facility PLEASE message me. Rudy will be there for a while so the more I know the better we will both feel.

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 03:37 PM
~NDNAVO~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyBaby
Does anyone know how else to obtain a visitor form other then from the inmate? My husband has been at the medium for about 3 weeks now and within an hour was placed in the SHU for refusing his cell (difference of race, i duno but his 'car' told him that sh*t wasnt gona fly....so he refused) Anyhoo no ones been to see or speak with him and I only get 2weeks off work a year and its in September, so this is a bit timely for me. Calling the prison has been NO help....errr
Hey! Omg I went through this as well, my man sent me a form and I lost it eeek! You can go to FBOP.gov and search visitation form and it should pop up. Message me if u have any other questions, my man has been in FCI YAZOO CITY MEDIUM since.....May? June? Lol idk sometime early summer. I have dome my homework and have finallyfome there, twice actually, so if I can help I am more than willing.

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk

Old 10-12-2011, 11:21 AM

Default My man just got to yazoo low, information please

HI, MY MAN JUST ARRIVED FROM BEING IN CALIFORNIA PRISON, TO YAZOO LOW YESTERDAY. we live in tn, can anyone tell me anything about yazoo low??? we had heard it was a dump, is this true? anything you can tell me would be helpful please

thnks so much
Old 10-12-2011, 11:24 AM

Smile

my man is new to yazoo low as of yesterday, did it take you long to hear from yours? anything you can tell me about it , that you have learned so far would be helpful please.

ty
Old 10-12-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad44 View Post
I am going to visit my son at Yazoo City Low. He's been there 10 months. Will be his first visit. Anybody know anything about visiting there. This is all so new for me. 13 hrs to get there. Thanks!!!!

can you tell me what you found out about the place from your visit please?
my man just got there yesterday, is it a bad place?
Old 10-12-2011, 11:47 AM
never back down :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaditzal View Post
Hi to everybody!
Iím new to this site and very happy to have found it. My husband is in Yazoo city low. We are from Miami, FL and they transferred him from here 5 months ago, now Iím planning to go visit him by the second week of November but Iím really worry because I will travel alone with our 18 months old baby. I would like to know what I can bring to the visits and at what time I have to be there to be on time and without any problems. Iím going to stay 3 days from Friday to Sunday, I need to know what are the safeties places where I can eat something and a supermarket where I can buy milk and food for my baby, please any help and recommendation would be really appreciated.
Thanks
I too am going in November....with our two children. Never been to MS but theres a first time for everything. I googled my address to the prison address and it says about 15 hours drive, your about 1-2 hours tops south of me. We are going Thanksgiving because well get a 4 day visit that way, plus on Federal holidays well be able to take pictures. My son who will be 2 next week has not seen his father since he was 3weeks old so this trip means ALOT!! If you happen to go before us would mind updating me on the drive & time to get there? Any advice at all really
Old 10-13-2011, 09:45 AM

Seem like we all have love ones who just move to yazoo mines just went there on Monday and he's working on getting visit papers for me to come visit but luckily me I live in ms canton which is only a 45min drive to a hour drive at the most but I will see what I can find out for u all I have been to yazoo to visit a friend they do have one hotel from which I heard it's not the best they do have a grocery store but if u all have anymore question u can push message me and im not on here alot but I will push message u my phone number that way we can stay in contact good luck to us all especially you out town may u all have a safe trip
Old 10-19-2011, 04:50 PM

Went to Yazoo City Low this past weekend to visit my son. We flew into Jackson and rented a care. It is hour drive from Jackson to Yazoo City. We got to prison at 4:30 on Friday. Guard gave us form to fill out. You will need inmate ID#. Let us back into building at 5. Took us to visiting room at 5:30 along with about 5 other groups visiting. Son came into room about 5:45. The room is a big room with rows of chairs. He set between us so was easier to hear. Others came in, but still room for everybody to have their own space. He's been there since January. He was in county jail from Aug-Sept. Saw him twice there, Fed is much better. Can hug and touch. County was between glass. He says food is bad but all other conditions are better than county jail. He seems to be adjusting, but, you know, he doesn't have any other choice. It did me good to see him. We stayed until 7:45 and went back on Saturday. There from 10:30 to 2. It was a little more crowded on Sat but still plenty of room. They have vending machines. Inmate cannot use but can eat food from machines. Take $1 bills with you. I think you can take up to $20. All you can take in is your ID, car key and $1bills. He's got 9 yrs to go. We will probably be able to only go once a year.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:40 PM

I go to Yazoo Medium about 1 time every 6 weeks or so. I've been going for 3 years now. The Hampton Inn is the newest hotel, it opened last Winter, I'm going to stay there this next time, our lawyer said it was very nice. I usually stay at the Best Western it's okay too but not as nice as it should be for the price. The Econo Lodge I got a room there one time and didn't stay in it an hour, went back to the Best Western, cause Econo was kind of gross. There is an old Day's Inn too that's really cheap but doesn't look like the greatest place to stay. I'm hoping the Hampton will be really nice cause it's too far to drive back and forth to Jackson on Friday night and then Saturday morning especially after driving nearly 6 hours to get there.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:58 PM
It is what it is
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,528 Times in 2,246 Posts

Be prepared to get there at least an hour before visiting starts. You have to wait in line outside and once visiting hours start, you're given the form to fill out. Once inside, you're given a number and you sit in the waiting room. That's why people wait in line before visiting hours start. Once your number is called, you're then processed. The visiting room is laid back, which was nice. There is an outside area, but wasn't being used because folks didn't know how to behave. The visit, overall, was fine. I can't say the same about the facility. I'm thankful my brother is no longer there.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:33 PM

My dad is being sent to Yazoo City shortly, but I'm not sure if it's the low or the medium. He is in the Oklahoma Transfer Center now...Based on the posts, it doesn't seem toooo bad?? I guess compared to some others...Although I'm sure they all have their quiet times and their lockdown times...Anyone familiar with commissary prices?? My dad will be starting out with $175 and I've heard that some of the basics are very expensive (shoes -$50, radio -$40, sweatsuit -$30). I wasn't sure if prices are the same across the board or changes based on location...
Old 11-29-2011, 06:28 PM

Had our first visit at Yazoo Medium over Thanksgiving holiday and it was great. Got to prison the first day an hour early and found out that was a waste of time. All the days we visited we were the first ones there at 8am. After 8am it was a different story so id say if you cant make it there by 8am dont go until after 11am count or youll be waiting. The guards were guards not overly friendly but not rude, mean, or any of that so long as we all just did what they said & kept quiet Clothing was not as strict as i expected. The outside visit & childrens room were still closed. But their were tons of children visiting and all were happy & well behaved. I got to know alot of other visitors all were friendly and helpful. It felt like a big weird family, lol It was a very humbling experience i must say. I did get to see a visit terminated so dont try any funny business because they are watching you. Vending machines love quarters some will take $1s and about one would give change for a $5. Id say take $20 in quarters in a ziploc bag & your set. We stayed at the Econolodge and so did about 10 other inmate families. It was decent not a comfort inn but not a roach moach either. Theres a park not far from the hotel for kids that is super nice, walking track, palyground, basketball hoops, etc. There are stores, laundry mat, fast food & gas. Hope this helps
Critter07 (12-07-2011)
Old 12-08-2011, 02:26 PM

My brother was just transferred to Yazoo Low from FTC in Oklahoma. He was in New Mexico, where our mother is......so I don't think he'll be getting visitors.
Really appreciate all the posts giving info, we have no idea what to expect.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:59 PM

Just got home from our 2nd visit at Yazoo Medium. Overall it went well. The lady guard w/ long done up fake nails is one I wouldnt even speak too, lol she's just not people friendly no matter who you are. I wore a camoflauge jacket to friday nights visit and then saturdays visits the Red headed male guard told me I couldnt wear it even though he knew I wore it all friday night at visit. So NO camoflauge allowd. The new Warden has allowd pictures to be taken again at all visits (not just just holiday visits) So we got alot of pictures throughout the weekend. Also the warden has allowd childrens books, blocks and toys. You have to ask the guards to open the childrens room to get out the toys & books. So far the children still were not allowd to play in the childrens room but the toys & books were a blessing. Just like our last visit id have to suggest arriving before 8am to get in & get your form filled out to get in to visit before count & meal time otherwise youll be waiting till after 12pm. Also we stayed at the new Hampton Inn and it was decent it did have HOT breakfast and throughout the day coffee, cookies, popcorn etc. Both the Econolodge & Hampton Inn are decent hotels. Both have pools and are minutes away from getting you to Prison.

Last edited by BreezyBaby; 07-17-2012 at 01:03 PM..
Old 07-28-2012, 06:43 PM
We live...we learn...
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,008 Times in 1,338 Posts
Default Lockdown at Yazoo City Medium?

Haven't heard from my LO in several days, by phone or email, which is unusual. Has anyone heard from their guys in Yazoo City yesterday or today?

Thanks!

Old 08-02-2012, 08:24 PM

Default Yazoo Low is getting MP3

I don't know how much they are gonna cost but I am excited for the guys there. They will be able to down load songs from an approved list or a fee. The way I see it if my guy is getting songs instead of cakes he might feel better lol.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:44 PM

Smile wow this groups not talkin much!

Hey y'all! Any word from yazoo? I can't talk to michael cause we have a cash flow problem. Sooooo if anything happens in yazoo low it would be great if ya posted it for me.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:16 AM
We live...we learn...
Donation Award 

Good morning, everyone...

Does anybody know if Yazoo medium is locked down? I assumed my not hearing from my guy was from the hold on putting money on the phone and Corrlinks but that was lifted yesterday and still haven't heard anything. Would really appreciate any info ya'll might have!

Old 10-06-2012, 11:42 AM

Default Yazoo Mississippi

Hi all... My husband has been designated to Yazoo Mississippi.... Anyone else been there and want to share how it is?
The Following User Says Thank You to ksss4ever For This Useful Post:
bcwifey (12-28-2012)
Old 10-06-2012, 03:33 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,205 Times in 2,544 Posts

We have a sticky dedicated to Yazoo that you may find helpful.

Click on this link to be taken to that sticky.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:55 PM

Hi... As I am reading, some of these posts are very old. My husband just got designated to yazoo med... How are the conditions? You hear such mixed interpretations of it, so I was wondering what people from her think. I just want this time to go quickly...
Old 10-24-2012, 05:52 PM

My Hunny is in Yazoo & Im just wondering how many more people still have loved ones in this facility? Was looking back at all of these comments and they are old? Anyone??
Old 10-24-2012, 05:57 PM

Im in the same boat , And although there is a thread all of the post are very dated.
Kss , My man is in Yazoo as well & I am in the process of trying to plan a visit as well. I know that there are some decent hotels close by with a park grocery stores etc. Thats about it Lol
Old 10-24-2012, 06:08 PM
We live...we learn...
Donation Award 

Yep, my sweetie is in Yazoo medium. There are several of us on the board with loved ones in Yazoo.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:23 PM

Default Yazoo City Low

My son is in Yazoo City Low. He calls me on Fridays. He didn't call this past Friday or since. Does anybody know of anything going on there. Have you from from anybody since last Friday? Thanks, can't help but worry.