Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:31 PM

my husband was at the medium until two months ago and i visited twice. both times, when i drove by to get to the medium, the visitors for the low were lined up out on the sidewalk waiting for the doors to open.

yazoo medium sucked bad. i hope its better for your loved one at the low. mine went to big spring low and its a world of difference. good luck to you and yours.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Here for Him always

I have a fiance in Yazoo Low. He is in SHU right now but he is dealing. We have done 3 years and have 7 more to go. He hasnt had to hard of a time there whith the exception of the Female guards that like to cause trouble and the fact that its well..........PRISON. I mean we are doing as well as we can. We were both military before he got locked up I am stationed in overseas now and we have no way to talk on the phone so looking forward to gettin back to the states but 2 years left here. Kind of feels like deployments prepared us for this. HE was transfered from another place and prefers it at yazoo with the exeption he misses the radio stations in Cali LMAO We write on a constant basis and i send new pics every week. A lot of people started out saying they would be here for him writing him and be there when he got out well Im the only one now. They need support support that they can believe in. and someone that is going to be understanding to the fact that yes they will have the Woe is me letters and not going to be reminded on a constant basis they got themselves there they know that. THey dont need reminder. I remind him of the plans we have once he is out. We talk about the future even though his release is SOOOOO far away. Just my two cents. Sorry for the rant and babble
Old 06-08-2008, 08:23 PM

Thanks for the heads up! Now I know need to get there extra early on Saturday.

I am glad your hubby is liking it better in the new facility.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Fierce Feminine Swagger

Question FCI Yazoo City Medium

Does anybody know anything about Yazoo City, Medium? I'm planning to make a trip to MS for Thanksgiving.

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2008, 01:50 AM
Fierce Feminine Swagger

Question Yazoo City

I'm not new to the site, but haven't been around for some time, but am new to the MS forum. My friend got moved to Yazoo City from Petersburg, VA this past January. I haven't been able to go visit, due to the cost of it! I'm in NC, but plan to be there for Thanksgiving at the latest. I posted in Other Federal Prisons to see if anyone knows anything about Yazoo City, but no one responded. I'm still trying to see what I can find out.

Last edited by JBsBabieDoLL; 09-13-2008 at 01:56 AM..
Old 09-21-2008, 04:27 PM
chin up, boots laced
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,087 Times in 806 Posts

Hi JBs! Whatcha want to know?
JBsBabieDoLL (09-22-2008)
Old 09-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Fierce Feminine Swagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by irshnrse View Post
Hi JBs! Whatcha want to know?
Is it hectic going to visit? Such as, does it take long time to get processed in? I'm going to Medium.

Are the CO's petty? I've had some hard times at other places.

How far is it from "everything"? I'm going to fly down and rent a car.

So I guess just whatever you can share. I'm coming from a long way and its not like I can just turn right back around and go home.

Thanks!
Old 09-29-2008, 09:07 AM

Default Yazoo City

This is my first time posting.
My husband is currently being held in an awful jail in Oxford, MS awaiting a
court date. This is a federal case, so I feel certain he will be sent to Yazoo City when he is sentenced since it the only federal prision in Mississippi. I will sent more info when I have it. What exactly do you want to know? Have you checked the BOP: Federal Bureau of Prisons website?
Old 09-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Fierce Feminine Swagger

Yes, I've checked BOP. I was hoping to connect with some people who visit there to see what the actual environment is like. I've visited at a few BOP sites and the info is pretty much the same on the site, but the environment is different at each one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grif View Post
This is my first time posting.
My husband is currently being held in an awful jail in Oxford, MS awaiting a
court date. This is a federal case, so I feel certain he will be sent to Yazoo City when he is sentenced since it the only federal prision in Mississippi. I will sent more info when I have it. What exactly do you want to know? Have you checked the BOP: Federal Bureau of Prisons website?
Old 09-29-2008, 09:33 PM
chin up, boots laced
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,087 Times in 806 Posts

I haven't visited my bro-in-law there. My husband is 12 hours away, so there goes my vacation time! Sooo, I don't have much input on the visitation.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:48 AM

My husband was in the zoo medium, and I was able to go with our two daughters one time to see him. That was July last year, so I don't know if it's changed since then. We had a pleasant experience with the whole visitation process. If you get there early, you will be at the beginning of the line, so you'll get processed in first. They only do visitors for like four inmates at a time. When you get there, you fill out the form, then clip your drivers license to it, and give it back. Then, you go sit in a waiting room until they process you through. We were there early for visitation on all three days, so we were in pretty quickly. Visits are Friday 4pm-8pm, and Sat-Sun 8am-3pm. So, not bad! The co's were all pretty laid back, never messed with us at all. I was able to sit next to my husband the entire time, holding hands, head on shoulder, hugging, kisses, etc. We had the girls there with us, so we weren't too crazy with any of that, but there were some that were, and the co's didn't bother them. If it's still the same, I think you'll have a very nice, relaxed visit. Enjoy! That was already right at 500 miles for us, and now they've moved my husband to WV, so we've only seen each other that one time in the last 6 1/2 years. He was very happy to be out of the zoo though. He, as well as all the other guys we/he knew from there that have either moved on, or are still there, hate it! So, the visits were good, but the place merits it's nickname "the zoo".
The Following User Says Thank You to toddslady For This Useful Post:
JBsBabieDoLL (10-21-2008)
Old 10-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Fierce Feminine Swagger

I'm so sorry you haven't been able to see your husband.
Thank you so much for this! You know when I first heard the name Yazoo City, I immediately thought the place was crazy for some reason. Looks like my assumptions were correct.

I'm going to fly down and stay in a hotel. Would I need to rent a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddslady View Post
My husband was in the zoo medium, and I was able to go with our two daughters one time to see him. That was July last year, so I don't know if it's changed since then. We had a pleasant experience with the whole visitation process. If you get there early, you will be at the beginning of the line, so you'll get processed in first. They only do visitors for like four inmates at a time. When you get there, you fill out the form, then clip your drivers license to it, and give it back. Then, you go sit in a waiting room until they process you through. We were there early for visitation on all three days, so we were in pretty quickly. Visits are Friday 4pm-8pm, and Sat-Sun 8am-3pm. So, not bad! The co's were all pretty laid back, never messed with us at all. I was able to sit next to my husband the entire time, holding hands, head on shoulder, hugging, kisses, etc. We had the girls there with us, so we weren't too crazy with any of that, but there were some that were, and the co's didn't bother them. If it's still the same, I think you'll have a very nice, relaxed visit. Enjoy! That was already right at 500 miles for us, and now they've moved my husband to WV, so we've only seen each other that one time in the last 6 1/2 years. He was very happy to be out of the zoo though. He, as well as all the other guys we/he knew from there that have either moved on, or are still there, hate it! So, the visits were good, but the place merits it's nickname "the zoo".
Old 10-31-2008, 11:30 PM

You will probably have to fly into Jackson, so yes, you will need to rent a car. Yazoo is about 45 minutes from Yazoo. I can't remember the name of the hotel we stayed at in Yazoo, but it wasn't bad, and only a couple of miles from the prison. Enjoy your visit. Yazoo is a very small town, not much to do, or even choices for places to eat, but who cares, because you're not there for recreational purposes anyway. We pretty much stayed at the hotel the entire time when we weren't at visits. Went to the store once, and out to eat, but that was it. Like I said, not much to choose from though. There's not even a major grocery store chain in that town.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:24 PM

Hello JBs,
I saw that you posted this awhile back but just incase you still would like any further info on anything I'd be glad to help. My man has been there for awhile now and I've visited many times. The c.o.'s do make alot of threats and I have seen a couples visit get terminated. But it really does depend on which c.o's are there and if they got layed the night before, if you know what i mean, ha! Like if the are in a good mood or not. (not to mean any offense) Dont be too nervous though, it's ok. I mean as long as you go in there and act decent then you'll have no problem. And you can take pictures too! Thats my favorite part because thats a time that you can get close and its ok . Let me know if you need anymore info. I'd love to help you with anything you need.

God Bless
Old 03-12-2010, 09:55 PM

Default Yazoo city medium

New to this,; can someone please tell me alittle about this facility?
Old 03-13-2010, 06:07 PM

My husband is in Yazoo city and it's out in the middle of nowhere, seriously. It's a small town that has like 2 or 3 hotels a few fast food places and a grocery store. That's about it. I really hate to go there! But the facility is okay it's newer so it's not near as dirty and dated as the place he was at. He likes it alot better than the place he was at. Visitation is okay, however getting in sucks, most the time the guards will make you wait for 45 min to an hour before they even start processing the first people there. It's usually not too terribly crowded though due to it's location. A majority of the people getting visits are not from anywhere around there. Alot of people travel in from Texas. My husbands points are down to a low, yay, we're just waiting on his law work to finish up before he transfers again. He says for alot of the people that come in there it's like a disciplinary place. Also they just broke the ground on a USP there. There is also a low and a small camp too. Let me know if you need any more info.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:13 PM

Question FCI Yazoo City Medium Security

My brother is looking at a possible transfer to Yazoo City Medium Security Prison. Any info on conditions there would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:28 PM

My husband is there he likes it okay. It's in the middle of nowhere, and I do mean nowhere. The visits are okay but it's an ordeal to get in, alot of time they like to let you sit in the waiting room for about an hour or two for no apparent reason. My husband says the food sucks pretty bad but he likes the outdoor recreation, they get to watch new releases every weekend, they don't have microwaves, they just took away pictures being made in the visiting room. He says it's a big disciplinary place that alot of people come and go from there. If you think of any questions let me know.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:48 PM

Thanks for the info. I may have more specific questions after I talk to my brother. The place he's in now has something going on all the time and frequent lockdowns. I just don't want him going to a place that's worse than where he is already. If he goes to Yazoo City, he'll be closer to our mom, therefore more visits for him.
I did think of one question. Do they have TRULINCS (inmate email)? He does where he is now, and I would hate to lose that, but it might be worth it to him.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:23 PM

Yes they have email, and don't get locked down alot, my husband says it's a lot better place than some of the other places he could be.
The Following User Says Thank You to badwsc For This Useful Post:
mumus (06-05-2010)
Old 05-25-2010, 08:57 AM

Good to know. I'll tell him. Thanks
Old 06-05-2010, 08:49 PM

Post Yazoo

Hellow to all,
I'm new to this site but excited to have found it. I have a loved one at Yazoo, he was just moved there. He has not said it is bad and he likes that there is a big outdoor rec area. We are 14 hours away from him and don't know when we will see him. He just told us about TRUE LINCS and we are so excited about that. I hope he uses it soon If any one knows more info about this place....PLEASE post it. Thanx
Old 06-14-2010, 10:55 AM

Smile

Hi to Everybody above, My boyfriend is in the Low facility there at Yazoo and has been for some years. It isn't bad there but as badwsc says above they just took away the picture taking in the Visitation Room. We don't know why yet but that really hurts us all and especially on families that have to travel long distance to be there and can't come often. It really hurt us because it was the one thing that we enjoyed doing together and that we both could look back on and remember our visit. They change their rules about what visitors can wear in often so take extra clothes that you can go change in the car with. They make it hard on everybody. They do have email, I don't know if it is the same for the Med facility as the Low or not, but in the Low it is called "CorrLinks" and the inmate has to pay for the time on the computer. K complains about the food but he says it is better on holidays. Hope this helps.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:31 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumus View Post
Hellow to all,
I'm new to this site but excited to have found it. I have a loved one at Yazoo, he was just moved there. He has not said it is bad and he likes that there is a big outdoor rec area. We are 14 hours away from him and don't know when we will see him. He just told us about TRUE LINCS and we are so excited about that. I hope he uses it soon If any one knows more info about this place....PLEASE post it. Thanx

Just wanted to say Hi! my husband has just been transferred to Yazoo. I work in the uk at the moment so its 10 hour flights for me, he used to be in virginia, the visiting was ver relaxed there. i would be greatful if you could tell me any of your experiences with this facility and if you have already visited and what it was like?? many thanks
Old 09-04-2010, 11:34 AM

Hi, my loved one is being transferred to Yazoo, i read the dress code for visitors, he was in petersburg fci and theywere really nice, iam a little worried now. Really no pictures anymore??
thank you